Howdy,

I am the father of a newborn girl, my first child. She is awesome. My wife (her Mother) is also awesome. Right now she is in auto pilot mode of sleeping, eating and pooping and this part is very easy, we just have to make sure she is clean and does not die. All my experience with kids are with nephews so no girl experience. 

What advice can any fellow dads give on raising a daughter?

GO!

Views: 1037

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This. So much this.

Amen, I concur. Hit it on the head, Shane.

And I will vouch that this goes for boys, as well...

Agreed. When the Disney Channel farms "winners" like Miley Cyrus and Brittney Spears I would say that you need to steer your daughters away from that junk. Lets start a group. Let's call it F.A.D.D. Fathers Againest Destructive Disney channel. The C is silent.

Hannah Montana wasn't as bad as the shows are today.  I also wouldn't call them destructive, they just teach bad habits out of context to ages which don't understand the concepts.

Miley Cyrus was a sarcastic little punk at times. The worst part of that show was the annoying stereotypes-- the weird brother, the snobbish clique, etc.

Yeah we have zero intention of exposing my daughter to Disney Channel media. From what I've seen it does nothing to encourage sanity in kids! 

Disney Channel is chock full of stereotypes, even the loathed idiot dad.

The dad on Jessie isn't an idiot.  He's never there.  But, he's not an idiot.

I'm referring to Good Luck Charlie and A.N.T. Farm. Farm puts salt on the wound by making the idiot dad a cop of all things.

Jessie just has bratty little kids. Jessie (the namesake character, not the show) is supposed to be an authority figure, and she and the butler guy are made out as nothing more than cannon fodder for the sarcastic little remarks that are incessantly delivered by the kids.

I didn't think Good Luck Charlie was bad.  Dog with a Blog is horrible.  Never saw a dad in A.N.T Farm.  The butler is a doofus in Jessie.  One of the things that gets me is the parents are pretty well absent.  I suppose that was true for the kid shows when I was a kid, but I don't recall any of the adults being stupid.

Yeah, the daughter on Dog with a Blog is a hosebeast. Good Luck Charlie is okay besides the stereotypes, imo. You have the smart and charming sister, the dumb older brother, the evil little brother, the dumb father, and the smart (albeit crazy) mom.

RSS

Latest Activity

Lucas Fialho commented on Specs&Beard's photo
Thumbnail

jmwp1

"Cool Beard =)"
4 seconds ago
Carl Monster replied to Davis's discussion Not receiving alerts for discussions I'm following
"Must be buggy."
1 hour ago
Carl Monster replied to Alan Robertson's discussion Getting Back into the habit of exercising. Any tips for getting back into the groove? (MUCH BETTER TITLE)
"Does this f3 charge 130 bucks a month for the pleasure of this camaraderie?"
1 hour ago
Will commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

Josh100LuBu - Such A Powerful Photo!

"Oh, come now, Max, surely you don't believe in tides!"
1 hour ago
Davis replied to Davis's discussion Not receiving alerts for discussions I'm following
"Thanks, but I've been there and everything checks out fine."
1 hour ago
John replied to Davis's discussion Not receiving alerts for discussions I'm following
"go to my page, my settings, and then there are settings for email.  i think thats where you control it."
2 hours ago
Specs&Beard posted a photo

jmwp1

New Glasses.
2 hours ago
Lucas Fialho replied to Niko's discussion Greetings from Germany
"Welcome, Man, and my Salutions from Brazil! Just one curiosity: Does Germany have an army? T thought its was dismissed since World War II"
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service