Hello to all of you, thought I'd do the deed and follow the rules with an introduction. My name is Ryan, I'm 42 and live in a small town in Northern Pennsylvania. I'm a machinist by trade, and a maintenance technician, I'm a father, a son, have no siblings. Just a regular dude that works 6 days a week, likes the outdoors, smoking meats, imported ales and muscle cars. Just to let you know how I got here...I was looking for something, the reason I found AOM is because of my Dad. He passed away suddenly on March 19th at age 63 and I'm having a really hard time with it. He was my best friend my entire life. I searched Google for something on men who have lost their fathers and found the group on here that focuses on that, and a whole lot more to offer once I checked AOM out. Thanks for listening, I hope to have some good discussions with some great people.

Views: 169

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome. Good to have you here. 

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Welcome to AoM. Sorry to hear about your father's passing. You were fortunate to have the kind of relationship with him that you described.

Thank you Lon. You are definitely right in that, very fortunate.

Welcome Ryan.

Thanks Rick.

Hey Ryan....I hear you, brother.  Lost my Dad about 2 years ago, and still think about him everyday.  The pain has slowly receded, which is great, and now my good memories of our times together are very precious.  I hope find healing as you continue your journey!

Thanks for the inspiring words JP....all in good time I suppose. It's changed somewhat from a profound sadness to a loneliness...miss him a lot. We'll get there! thank you.

glad you joined Ryan...

RSS

Latest Activity

Kluk J. replied to Belmin Bratic's discussion Manly figures of the modern culture
"I think that Roger Federer is a good example. He is not my favorite tennis player. But so far as I know, he seems to be a good husband and father, respects his opponents, excel in his job without showing off.  Okay, I know that in the end of…"
8 minutes ago
Rick Shelton replied to Shane's discussion Ignorance of the Law is No Excuse... in the group The Great Debate
""only that it's okay to be a retard and wear a badge (paraphrase)" We all know that."
11 minutes ago
Shane replied to Shane's discussion Ignorance of the Law is No Excuse... in the group The Great Debate
"On a side note someone should pick this up and run with it. If our laws are so vague as to be unreasonable for even our enforcers to enforce, it might we worth a national campaign."
12 minutes ago
Rick Shelton replied to Shane's discussion Ignorance of the Law is No Excuse... in the group The Great Debate
"I will say that the wrong argument was made about this.  It shouldn't have been about the ignorance of the law, although that could be argued as well as the officer didn't intend to give a ticket.  Stupid DA on this one."
14 minutes ago
Shane replied to Shane's discussion Ignorance of the Law is No Excuse... in the group The Great Debate
"That wasn't the argument. You do understand you're not actually allowed to argue the case before the Supreme Court. Just as you're not allowed to argue constitutionality before a municipal or state court, right? This turned into a…"
14 minutes ago
Kluk J. replied to Andrew's discussion How do you take your coffee? I prefer it black with a slice of butter in it.
"Hot coffee, cold milk, no sugar. Or only black coffee and no sugar.Or those things of Starbucks and similar stores with funny names and a lot ingredients coffee,, chocolate, sugar, cream, chocolate, strawberry whatever... and usually I take the cold…"
16 minutes ago
Stein replied to Chatmonkey's discussion G'day!
"What a great adventure! You have balls you g man. You'll be fine. Stein"
16 minutes ago
Profile IconWasatch, Rob and Chatmonkey joined Wil Harper's group
Thumbnail

Scotch Connoisseurs

A place to discuss scotch and all that goes along with it.
17 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service