Hello to all of you, thought I'd do the deed and follow the rules with an introduction. My name is Ryan, I'm 42 and live in a small town in Northern Pennsylvania. I'm a machinist by trade, and a maintenance technician, I'm a father, a son, have no siblings. Just a regular dude that works 6 days a week, likes the outdoors, smoking meats, imported ales and muscle cars. Just to let you know how I got here...I was looking for something, the reason I found AOM is because of my Dad. He passed away suddenly on March 19th at age 63 and I'm having a really hard time with it. He was my best friend my entire life. I searched Google for something on men who have lost their fathers and found the group on here that focuses on that, and a whole lot more to offer once I checked AOM out. Thanks for listening, I hope to have some good discussions with some great people.

Views: 178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome. Good to have you here. 

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Welcome to AoM. Sorry to hear about your father's passing. You were fortunate to have the kind of relationship with him that you described.

Thank you Lon. You are definitely right in that, very fortunate.

Welcome Ryan.

Thanks Rick.

Hey Ryan....I hear you, brother.  Lost my Dad about 2 years ago, and still think about him everyday.  The pain has slowly receded, which is great, and now my good memories of our times together are very precious.  I hope find healing as you continue your journey!

Thanks for the inspiring words JP....all in good time I suppose. It's changed somewhat from a profound sadness to a loneliness...miss him a lot. We'll get there! thank you.

RSS

Latest Activity

Sir replied to mousetastic's discussion Decline of ... in the group The Great Debate
"Vanilla or not, it's still true; and recognizing truth isn't relativism.  It's sort of the opposite, as relativism rejects the idea of truth. Now there is a decade that saw a decline of decency:  1970's (maybe more…"
19 minutes ago
Hyrum updated their profile
31 minutes ago
Persona non Grata replied to mousetastic's discussion Decline of ... in the group The Great Debate
"The vanilla response is often to just claim that "every generation thinks the next one is worse than the previous". However I'd say that some are objectively more right than others.Only problem with it is that it's essentially…"
39 minutes ago
Wayne joined James Hills's group
Thumbnail

Mancation Travel

Looking for a group of guys for a get-together or just looking for some cool tips and ideas for a guys weekend or mancation? Come on over!
39 minutes ago
Persona non Grata replied to mousetastic's discussion Decline of ... in the group The Great Debate
"While I believe the perception has always occurred throughout time even going back to Socrates, I believe there are some objective social changes in this day and age which are arguably worse than those which existed a few generations ago:The economy…"
52 minutes ago
Vendetta replied to Joshua's discussion AoM Manly Skills
"Im making the pickles from a recent post."
2 hours ago
Persona non Grata replied to Sir's discussion The red pill
"Having looked into the whole "red pill" pill thing, there's less of any one coherent view:At the most basic the view is essentially that long term relationships often do not work out, and that having a starry eyed "Disney"…"
2 hours ago
David F. replied to David F.'s discussion How does one settle one’s mind from how life worked out vs how you thought it would go?
"Yes I know.  Part of it is learning to enjoy the blessings.  It is a crazy thing that we have a hard time enjoying what we have.  Marketing takes advantage of that."
3 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service