Title says it all. Your thoughts?

Views: 12608

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Defiantly GAY, unless it has some sort of meaning i.e. your fathers pinky ring. Then your only half gay…..
Well, that's reassuring. So, if it was my great-great-great grandfather's, then what proportion of gay does that make me? I never was good at math...
1/4 gay, 1/2 tacky, 1/4 nostalgic.
hmmm. Thank you for that. At least it adds up to 100%. In my case I expect that it is far more than 1/4 nostalgic. In our family, we do things like that.
Pinky-rings. Mob or gay?

Neither. Don't forget that the ultimate gentlemen's jewellery accessory - the signet-ring, is traditionally worn on the pinky-finger.

To me it's a sign of breeding, sophistocation and class.

Plus, I have a gold pinkie-ring and I'm neither part of La Cosa Nostra nor am I a homosexual...
Better gay than a crook. Better mob than "gangstuhz".
+ 1 for mentioning The Shadow.

Personally, whenever I've seen a guy wearing a pinky ring, neither "gay" nor "mob" crossed my mind as adjectives I'd use to describe them. I notice the ring for about a millisecond, then return to whatever I was doing.
Here in SF, most pinky rings say "mob" not "gay."

The exceptions to this mob-rule [ha! sorry] have been mentioned. A few men have rings they wear on their pinky that have sentimental value. They usually look very different from the typical pinky ring. They're sweet and intriguing.
My grandfather, a dairy farmer and dog breeder for his entire life, wears a good looking pinky ring with three small diamonds and some onyx. He is a pretty gruff, manly guy, and for him it looks pretty badass. He said I'll inherit it someday, but I really won't be able to pull it off. Maybe I'll have to wait until I'm his age to put it on and make it work. In other words, I'll consider a pinky ring in about 50 more years.
It sounds like a beautiful ring, Vladislav. It's fun inheriting jewellery from family members. My father was given a gold pinkie-ring by my late maternal grandmother and he recently gave it to me, because he doesn't wear it anymore...

And even though this isn't what it's meant to be, it makes a fairly nice signet-ring...

The ring is 22kt gold and if you're wondering, that's a Chinese dragon on it. I wear this ring on my right pinkie now, and I really like it. The only time I take it off is when my hands are going to get wet (washing stuff) or when I need to seal something.

Latest Activity

Sir replied to Naveen's discussion I cannot join the military or the police - but I cant get past that - What should I do?
"What an unusual issue. There are people with unusual issues, but I'd hate to write out a detailed post and find out my leg is being pulled. Hm."
30 minutes ago
Naveen posted a discussion

I cannot join the military or the police - but I cant get past that - What should I do?

Hey Guys,I have a dilemma. I want to join the military or the police but I cant because I have an extremely bad cv, been in psychiatry, 27 years old. But I cannot get past that. I have this strong feeling,that I have to be in War or similar Situations one time in my life, or this longing for fighting and manliness cannot be fulfilled in other professions.  The way I see it, there arent any alternatives, but I cannot let go either, I have tried for months. I had already crazy ideas, like joining…See More
46 minutes ago
Suburban Sentinel replied to John Smith's discussion Home Organization? I need help!
"A book that really helped me was "The Power of Now" by Eckhard Tolle. It's a bit "out there" for a nuts and bolts science guy like me. But I figured what the hell, and I can't argue with the results. There's also a…"
2 hours ago
Kaiger Pufflehugs IV added a discussion to the group Out to Build Bridges

This week (23-29th Oct) is Asexual Awareness Week 2016!

Asexuality is a sexual orientation, meaning that a person doesn’t experience sexual attraction to anyone of any gender. This is distinct from romantic orientations - Sexual attraction being who you want to have sex with and romantic attraction being who you would like to date. Asexual people are sometimes referred to as “aces”, although there are many labels and varied terminology within the asexual spectrum. What asexuality isA unique sexual orientation - Just like gay, straight, and bisexual,…See More
2 hours ago
John Smith replied to John Smith's discussion Home Organization? I need help!
"Suburban - great point. I find the same thing - daydreaming a lot! Have you read anything good on focus or "presentness" or whatever you would call it? I have to think there are some good articles describing what you're talking about…"
3 hours ago
Profile IconMJB and Chris Pogon joined Rob Markoski's group

For the discussion of the Philosophy of Stoicism.
3 hours ago
Will Norman replied to Jim's discussion So what games are you playing? in the group Video Gaming
"I've been mucking around in Borderlands 2 and The Pre-Sequel. Rather enjoying myself."
5 hours ago
Seth Weyh added a discussion to the group Riflemen

Most Cost Effective Rifle

I'm fairly new to shooting and really interested in hunting. Unfortunately I didn't grow up in a situation to learn from family members. I don't have a whole lot of expendable cash lately but i'd really like to at least get a rifle to start shooting with. Recreation, small game, that sort of thing.  Recently I came across the  Savage Arms Mark II GXP Bolt-Action Rifle for about $175.  I've looked into some reviews and it seems pretty decent. But I'm wondering if maybe there's something I'm not…See More
12 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service