Title says it all. Your thoughts?

Views: 12569

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Defiantly GAY, unless it has some sort of meaning i.e. your fathers pinky ring. Then your only half gay…..
Well, that's reassuring. So, if it was my great-great-great grandfather's, then what proportion of gay does that make me? I never was good at math...
1/4 gay, 1/2 tacky, 1/4 nostalgic.
hmmm. Thank you for that. At least it adds up to 100%. In my case I expect that it is far more than 1/4 nostalgic. In our family, we do things like that.
Pinky-rings. Mob or gay?

Neither. Don't forget that the ultimate gentlemen's jewellery accessory - the signet-ring, is traditionally worn on the pinky-finger.

To me it's a sign of breeding, sophistocation and class.

Plus, I have a gold pinkie-ring and I'm neither part of La Cosa Nostra nor am I a homosexual...
Better gay than a crook. Better mob than "gangstuhz".
+ 1 for mentioning The Shadow.

Personally, whenever I've seen a guy wearing a pinky ring, neither "gay" nor "mob" crossed my mind as adjectives I'd use to describe them. I notice the ring for about a millisecond, then return to whatever I was doing.
Here in SF, most pinky rings say "mob" not "gay."

The exceptions to this mob-rule [ha! sorry] have been mentioned. A few men have rings they wear on their pinky that have sentimental value. They usually look very different from the typical pinky ring. They're sweet and intriguing.
My grandfather, a dairy farmer and dog breeder for his entire life, wears a good looking pinky ring with three small diamonds and some onyx. He is a pretty gruff, manly guy, and for him it looks pretty badass. He said I'll inherit it someday, but I really won't be able to pull it off. Maybe I'll have to wait until I'm his age to put it on and make it work. In other words, I'll consider a pinky ring in about 50 more years.
It sounds like a beautiful ring, Vladislav. It's fun inheriting jewellery from family members. My father was given a gold pinkie-ring by my late maternal grandmother and he recently gave it to me, because he doesn't wear it anymore...

And even though this isn't what it's meant to be, it makes a fairly nice signet-ring...

The ring is 22kt gold and if you're wondering, that's a Chinese dragon on it. I wear this ring on my right pinkie now, and I really like it. The only time I take it off is when my hands are going to get wet (washing stuff) or when I need to seal something.

RSS

Latest Activity

Matthew Green joined thehuhman's group
Thumbnail

AoM PhotoGroup

Alright, all of you budding and seasoned photographers out there. Here's your official AoM Group. Let's do ourselves proud, by becoming the largest group here!See More
1 hour ago
Matthew Green commented on Will Maurer's group Scouts & Scouters
"Many years ago when I was a kid I joins the Boy Scouts. I regret not sticking with it. I was considering volunteering, maybe as a Assistant Scout Master. My only concern is that I am not a very spiritual/religious person. I know that religion is a…"
1 hour ago
Profile IconMatthew Green and Matthew Chase Heslop joined Will Maurer's group
Thumbnail

Scouts & Scouters

For Boy scouts & those involved with scouting as volunteersSee More
1 hour ago
Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion General Election 2016 in the group The Great Debate
"You ever gonna get around to explaining yourself, or just keep attacking?"
1 hour ago
Matthew Green commented on Nolan Poulson's group The Barbershop
"I live in Charlotte, NC and I've been looking for a honest to god barber shop with not luck. I'm sick of the, what I call, fast food places (Great Clips, Super Cuts, ect.). I have found a good mens saloon but it's not quite the same.…"
1 hour ago
John Muir replied to Pale Horse's discussion General Election 2016 in the group The Great Debate
"You've got a lot in common with Trump. No understanding of nuance in conversation."
1 hour ago
Matthew Green joined Nolan Poulson's group
Thumbnail

The Barbershop

It's just seems natural that Art of Manliness should have a barbershop group.  My intent of this group is to gather and share general thoughts and experiences concerning barbershops. Anything from a good barbershop that you have found  to pictures and stories of shops you have visited to discussing anything barbershop.  See More
1 hour ago
Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion General Election 2016 in the group The Great Debate
"If that's the case you're in luck. Clinton said everyone is a bigot."
1 hour ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service