Title says it all. Your thoughts?

Views: 9795

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Engineers in the US that are members of the Order also do this. It's usually a simple, stainless steel band on your dominant hand's pinky finger.
Defiantly GAY, unless it has some sort of meaning i.e. your fathers pinky ring. Then your only half gay…..
Well, that's reassuring. So, if it was my great-great-great grandfather's, then what proportion of gay does that make me? I never was good at math...
1/4 gay, 1/2 tacky, 1/4 nostalgic.
hmmm. Thank you for that. At least it adds up to 100%. In my case I expect that it is far more than 1/4 nostalgic. In our family, we do things like that.
Pinky-rings. Mob or gay?

Neither. Don't forget that the ultimate gentlemen's jewellery accessory - the signet-ring, is traditionally worn on the pinky-finger.

To me it's a sign of breeding, sophistocation and class.

Plus, I have a gold pinkie-ring and I'm neither part of La Cosa Nostra nor am I a homosexual...
Better gay than a crook. Better mob than "gangstuhz".
+ 1 for mentioning The Shadow.

Personally, whenever I've seen a guy wearing a pinky ring, neither "gay" nor "mob" crossed my mind as adjectives I'd use to describe them. I notice the ring for about a millisecond, then return to whatever I was doing.
Here in SF, most pinky rings say "mob" not "gay."

The exceptions to this mob-rule [ha! sorry] have been mentioned. A few men have rings they wear on their pinky that have sentimental value. They usually look very different from the typical pinky ring. They're sweet and intriguing.
Certainly not gay but I don't know how conventional. Would Vito Corleone, at least in this day and age? Maybe. Hmm...
My grandfather, a dairy farmer and dog breeder for his entire life, wears a good looking pinky ring with three small diamonds and some onyx. He is a pretty gruff, manly guy, and for him it looks pretty badass. He said I'll inherit it someday, but I really won't be able to pull it off. Maybe I'll have to wait until I'm his age to put it on and make it work. In other words, I'll consider a pinky ring in about 50 more years.
It sounds like a beautiful ring, Vladislav. It's fun inheriting jewellery from family members. My father was given a gold pinkie-ring by my late maternal grandmother and he recently gave it to me, because he doesn't wear it anymore...

And even though this isn't what it's meant to be, it makes a fairly nice signet-ring...

The ring is 22kt gold and if you're wondering, that's a Chinese dragon on it. I wear this ring on my right pinkie now, and I really like it. The only time I take it off is when my hands are going to get wet (washing stuff) or when I need to seal something.

RSS

Latest Activity

Pale Horse replied to Pale Horse's discussion Strangers Like Us
"Comma splice! AAAAH!"
29 minutes ago
Cthulhu's Revenge replied to Pale Horse's discussion Strangers Like Us
"Do you post things and then immediately forget about what you said??"
34 minutes ago
Adam Parker joined Stephen Larsen's group
Thumbnail

Banya Men!

Though they aren't common in the United States, Jjimjilbangs, Banyas, Onsens, and Hamams are a great places to hang out.  This is a group for men comfortable in their own skin and appreciate the eastern ideas of public bath houses.See More
1 hour ago
Pale Horse replied to Pale Horse's discussion Strangers Like Us
"Well with Shane it's probably a combination of insincerity, seniority, and charisma."
1 hour ago
Pale Horse replied to RM's discussion Girl at work
"LOL"
1 hour ago
Liam S. replied to Pale Horse's discussion Strangers Like Us
"Again - still missing the point."
1 hour ago
Regular Joe replied to RM's discussion Girl at work
1 hour ago
Pale Horse replied to RM's discussion Girl at work
"Or you can exchange it for what's behind curtain #2."
1 hour ago