For any fellows here who work at a desk, I was curious what stretching or exercise routines you do during the day, since being stagnant in front of a desk isn't really all that healthy.

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not a fan of mixing exercise and office work. You won't be seeing me on one of those goofy-ass desk treadmills.

Use your lunch hour.  You can eat in 15 minutes.  That leaves 45 to do something meaningful.  If your office has a gym, it's pretty easy.  Otherwise, head outdoors and get some cardio.

Good advice, though I was thinking more along the lines of stretching or exercises one can do while sitting at their desk to avoid remaining stagnant for too long.

I usually take a 30 minute walk on my lunch break and try to get up and move around every hour or so.

I also run after work or go to the gym. Just try to be as active as possible.

When I was "chained to the desk," I set a timer to go off every hour.  Then I got up, and took a walk around the office space.  My office was open plan, with a corridor between cubicles that ran around the floor.  About a five minute walk every hour.

I found this site helpful

This shows up under a search for office. http://darebee.com/wods.html#name=office&page=1

Personally I'm working through the startup program called foundation. http://darebee.com/programs/foundation-program.html
They all are theme workouts and it's free.  The body weight exercises can be done most places. 

RSS

Latest Activity

Tim replied to Diesel's discussion My sex drive is gone! Where did it go?!
"Best of luck, Diesel. We're rooting for you, man."
7 hours ago
Diesel replied to Diesel's discussion My sex drive is gone! Where did it go?!
"Evening Gentlemen Thank you for all of your insights and advice. First off, I have booked a doctor appointment to get my levels checked. Go figure it will be almost 3 weeks before I can get into the doctor. To answer some of the questions. I have…"
7 hours ago
Shane replied to John Muir's discussion Donald Trump Is A Greedy, Creepy, Ignorant Jerk in the group The Great Debate
"President Trump Gives Remarks with President Rivlin https://youtu.be/kQr3Tlx4U0c"
10 hours ago
David R. commented on Shane Belin's group Pennsylvania
"As I continue to move to the Hanover area, I just bought a desk-size Pa. flag to keep in my room (here is Maryland) as part of my "hang in there, you're gonna completely retire and move to Pa. at the end of June 2018"…"
12 hours ago
Nature of a Man replied to Nature of a Man's discussion Autos with quality crafsmanship
13 hours ago
David F. replied to David R.'s discussion Collar stays
"Yep I'm in the same boat.  I found that Brooks Brothers No Iron are actually no iron and I can get shirts that fit really well.  So I wait for the sales and they tend to cost close to what a cheap shirt at fitting cost."
14 hours ago
Vendetta replied to Fabricante's discussion Engagement Questions
"You typically ask for permission before you give her the engagement ring. As it would be pointless to ask for permission for something you have already done. As for timing, I asked my now wife for her hand about 3 days after I asked my FIL for…"
16 hours ago
Vendetta replied to David R.'s discussion Collar stays
"I don't think I have ever purchased a button down that didn't come with collar stays. And the nicest I go for dress clothing is Marshalls. "
16 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service