To all you electronics hobbyists out there...

Have any of you built one of these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n8M7FikmH0

I'm curious to see what kits have worked the best and the best place to get them.  I want to do something a bit more modular so I have freedom with creativity.  Most of the kits I've seen have all the Nixies on a single board.  I'd prefer to have some freedom to place them and space them in different arrangements.  I suppose I could wire leads off of the sockets though and do just that and hide the board in the enclosure. 

Anyway, let me know your thoughts...

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For such a project, one would consider the purchase of said tubes of a manner individual. The kit would fail in necessity, as transistors bipolar would suffice in the creation of the voltages of necessity for illumination.

RSS

Latest Activity

Portnoy replied to Jesse Dean's discussion What Would You Do?
"Not what I meant. I'm sure you thought you were being light hearted, it is just that from my own experience of being your age and being in situations with others your age, the light hearted isn't as light as we thought we were being. Hell,…"
1 hour ago
Tim replied to Christopher Everet's discussion How do you handle just being friends with your crush?
"Great advice, Todd. Christopher, just plan the next couple moves once you know either way so you're prepared for the answer."
2 hours ago
Todd McFarland replied to Christopher Everet's discussion How do you handle just being friends with your crush?
"The answer is simple. If you haven't already, make your feelings for her clear.  You don't want to walk away without knowing for sure that you are in the friend zone. If she puts you in the friend zone, forget about her and move on.…"
10 hours ago
Todd McFarland replied to George Corbul's discussion How does one become a 'real' man exactly?
"+1"
10 hours ago
Todd McFarland replied to George Corbul's discussion How does one become a 'real' man exactly?
"Agreed that women's ideas vary widely, which means there are women for who like whatever type of man you want to be.   Don't let any woman define what a real man is for you.  That's ass-backwards."
11 hours ago
Jesse Dean replied to Jesse Dean's discussion What Would You Do?
"What? It was light hearted. I don't think I can learn how to read people's minds and tell if their dad is the coach of the team. But thank you. Maybe they aren't that helpful."
17 hours ago
Jesse Dean replied to Jesse Dean's discussion What Would You Do?
"How can I resist when someone is wearing something like that here?"
17 hours ago
derick bean posted a status
17 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service