Hi Everyone

I wanted to float this question to the boards... Is it ever ok for a man's nipples to be visible through a shirt?

I ask because I've recently lost a chunk of weight and want to go down to the shirt size that fits my new measurements.  The big problem is that I inherited a 'barrel chest' from my grandfather and some shirts I put on always show my nipples poking through them like it's cold everywhere I go.

Is it ok for the world to see my man-nipples?  Should I just wear an undershirt?

Just in case you want to know, it's polo shirts that this seems to always be a problem with.

Rock on

Karl

Views: 21142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know what I read.
I wouldn't mind if the women had no shirt at all!
A gentleman never shows his nipples to the world. Egads!
Thanks Alexsander... Happy Birthday!
Why, thank you! The wife and I shall be attending an Absinthe-tasting tonight in honor of the day. Ummm, without nipples.
Wear a T-shirt underneath. That will also help stop your deodorant and the like from staining your shirt.

And congratulations on the wieght loss. Rock on
I wear a lot of white undershirts. Crew, v-neck and beaters. Usually you can see nipple, especially with the beaters they are really visible. I don't get why it would be a big deal, they are not appropriate for going to work in unless you work outside. But for just daily wear, no problems.
Congratulations on losing the weight Karl!
Generally, nipples showing are going to be a bad thing. It breaks and ruins the line of the shirt, and just looks awkward. I definitely recommend wearing an undershirt (I have this problem too, and can attest to the efficacious properties of an undershirt) and there are several types to choose from. Cotton works pretty well, and is the standard with undershirts (coming in a variety of crew, v-neck, and tank styles and colors) but you also have the choice of going with something heavier, say with a polyester/spandex blend, for a tighter more controlling fit. (I use these during fall and winter) Also, another good choice would be to wear something like Under Armor. They are specifically made to control, be light and cool, and wick away sweat. A pretty ideal choice.

Whatever your choice, I hope you find something that you are comfortable with, and helps you look like a suave sophisticated fellow. And congratulations on the weight loss!!
I'd at least where a strap tee-shirt, Karl. Things like taht are noticeable, and I don't think they're very becoming.
Wear an undershirt.
If that doesn't help you can always tape them down. Preferably with 100 mph tape the military uses. If it can fix a chopper then it can take care of your nipples.
Or you can just take it for what it is and move on with your life. It is "tacky" but what are you going to do, attack em with a cheese grater. You like polos, then wear them. I have the same problem, and I just wear what i want to.
GAWD! are we stuck in the 17th century!! Women can'tbe transvistites because EVERY piece of mens appearel is now available cut to fit them from SEARS among a thousand other stores and we MEN are so hung up we dress the same as our grand dads. Women show about anything and someone has a hangup about nipples? We're not talking about a third head. Nipples and TITS are part of a normal man's body, around 50% of men either have had or will develop BREASTS with bigger nipples, it's called Gynocomastia one can pay $5000 to have them chopped off (somewhat) or learn to enjoy them like we do with grey hair and baldness GO to Yahoo groups and you'll find there are over 1000 guys and often their gals that either have breasts they enjoy or want them! I consider myself fully optioned! Think about it, what happens when you pleasure your women's, YOU can enjoy that also!
:: blink, blink :::

um, no.

RSS

Latest Activity

J. D. replied to David Johns's discussion Teen boys today
"Personally, I see nothing at all wrong with stoicism, especially in men.  There's a world of difference between keeping your head when others around you are falling apart, and supressing feelings until the pressure is too much and…"
22 minutes ago
George Henry Robbins III replied to Brett McKay's discussion Who Are Some Unmanly Men?
"Nothing to do with politics. Carter was weasley, let others make his decisions, messed up the Iranian hostage big time, and was controlled by his wife and mother. Clinton was/is a whore who screws around on his wife unapologetically.  "
26 minutes ago
Tim Dienes added a discussion to the group The Poetry Club
Thumbnail

Our Core of Masculinity

Our core of masculinity, mine and yours, Is like a holy of holies, a source into which God poursOil of gladness Not just to anoint, but for fuel to fill the golden candlesticksTo burn and shine and power, to give us light in difficult hour.Why then do we have such trouble this holy place accessing?Do we fear the awesome power? Do we seek to control the blessing?Are we preoccupied with our manly flesh so visible to others?Is all that matters how I compare to my brothers?If we put aside our…See More
33 minutes ago
Tim Dienes added a discussion to the group The Shirtless Man
Thumbnail

Just imagine...what if

This would never happen, but use your imagination here:Suppose there was a day that it was mandatory for ALL men to go shirtless.What would it be like? How would you react? How would others react?Would you be in favor of such a day? Would you extend it to include boys of all ages, or over a certain age?Discuss!See More
40 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Brett McKay's discussion Who Are Some Unmanly Men?
"Eh.  That's all political.  Carter was an honorable man.  Dumb as a sack of doorknobs ... but honorable.  Clinton was a bit of a cad, but had some solid guys-guy traits.  I wouldn't name either of them as…"
44 minutes ago
Tim Dienes replied to Brett McKay's discussion Who Are Some Unmanly Men?
"neither"
51 minutes ago
George Henry Robbins III replied to Brett McKay's discussion Who Are Some Unmanly Men?
"Jimmy Carter Bill Clinton"
54 minutes ago
EA Burt replied to EA Burt's discussion For The New Guys in the group Philosophers
"Wow that all just came together. Many thanks fellas, that gives me a better understanding. I figured the ancients might be one good place to begin. Meditations really just caught my eye, but I understand now what Bobby said about it. Thanks for…"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service