Hi Everyone

I wanted to float this question to the boards... Is it ever ok for a man's nipples to be visible through a shirt?

I ask because I've recently lost a chunk of weight and want to go down to the shirt size that fits my new measurements.  The big problem is that I inherited a 'barrel chest' from my grandfather and some shirts I put on always show my nipples poking through them like it's cold everywhere I go.

Is it ok for the world to see my man-nipples?  Should I just wear an undershirt?

Just in case you want to know, it's polo shirts that this seems to always be a problem with.

Rock on

Karl

Views: 21975

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know what I read.
I wouldn't mind if the women had no shirt at all!
A gentleman never shows his nipples to the world. Egads!
Thanks Alexsander... Happy Birthday!
Why, thank you! The wife and I shall be attending an Absinthe-tasting tonight in honor of the day. Ummm, without nipples.
Wear a T-shirt underneath. That will also help stop your deodorant and the like from staining your shirt.

And congratulations on the wieght loss. Rock on
I wear a lot of white undershirts. Crew, v-neck and beaters. Usually you can see nipple, especially with the beaters they are really visible. I don't get why it would be a big deal, they are not appropriate for going to work in unless you work outside. But for just daily wear, no problems.
Congratulations on losing the weight Karl!
Generally, nipples showing are going to be a bad thing. It breaks and ruins the line of the shirt, and just looks awkward. I definitely recommend wearing an undershirt (I have this problem too, and can attest to the efficacious properties of an undershirt) and there are several types to choose from. Cotton works pretty well, and is the standard with undershirts (coming in a variety of crew, v-neck, and tank styles and colors) but you also have the choice of going with something heavier, say with a polyester/spandex blend, for a tighter more controlling fit. (I use these during fall and winter) Also, another good choice would be to wear something like Under Armor. They are specifically made to control, be light and cool, and wick away sweat. A pretty ideal choice.

Whatever your choice, I hope you find something that you are comfortable with, and helps you look like a suave sophisticated fellow. And congratulations on the weight loss!!
I'd at least where a strap tee-shirt, Karl. Things like taht are noticeable, and I don't think they're very becoming.
Wear an undershirt.
If that doesn't help you can always tape them down. Preferably with 100 mph tape the military uses. If it can fix a chopper then it can take care of your nipples.
Or you can just take it for what it is and move on with your life. It is "tacky" but what are you going to do, attack em with a cheese grater. You like polos, then wear them. I have the same problem, and I just wear what i want to.
GAWD! are we stuck in the 17th century!! Women can'tbe transvistites because EVERY piece of mens appearel is now available cut to fit them from SEARS among a thousand other stores and we MEN are so hung up we dress the same as our grand dads. Women show about anything and someone has a hangup about nipples? We're not talking about a third head. Nipples and TITS are part of a normal man's body, around 50% of men either have had or will develop BREASTS with bigger nipples, it's called Gynocomastia one can pay $5000 to have them chopped off (somewhat) or learn to enjoy them like we do with grey hair and baldness GO to Yahoo groups and you'll find there are over 1000 guys and often their gals that either have breasts they enjoy or want them! I consider myself fully optioned! Think about it, what happens when you pleasure your women's, YOU can enjoy that also!
:: blink, blink :::

um, no.

RSS

Latest Activity

Will replied to Stephen Jashub Comstock's discussion Opinion article linking the decline in DIY ethic to a less traditional view of masculinity. in the group The Great Debate
""Part of the American narrative" means "ZOMFG we are all going to die"?  Who knew? I am really going to have to brush up on my writing skills, because I did not know that, and I hate to confuse people."
8 minutes ago
Michael J. K. replied to Stephen Jashub Comstock's discussion Pajama recommendations.
10 minutes ago
benson marco posted a status
12 minutes ago
Will replied to Native Son's discussion Ebola and Official Silliness. in the group The Great Debate
"Hm.  If "signs of Ebola" means "Ebola," I'd say Hickox just lost her case. http://wagmtv.com/state-of-maine-document-reports-kaci-hickoxs-roommate-in-africa-developed-ebola/"
32 minutes ago
Dion Draper replied to Daniel Offenbacher's discussion Favorite TV Shows in the group Film
"Twin Peaks, True Detective and Cheers!"
4 hours ago
Dion Draper replied to Ian M's discussion Film Noir in the group Film
"Brick is phenomenal! Kudos on recommending this gem."
4 hours ago
Dion Draper replied to Travis Spuhler's discussion Greatest movie speech/monologue in the group Film
"http://youtu.be/9FnO3igOkOk ; Many come to mind but in my humble opinion, I think this one takes the cake."
4 hours ago
Dion Draper replied to Dion Draper's discussion Delighted to make your acquaintance
"Thank you all for the welcoming atmosphere and support, I'm glad to be here."
4 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service