Hi Everyone

I wanted to float this question to the boards... Is it ever ok for a man's nipples to be visible through a shirt?

I ask because I've recently lost a chunk of weight and want to go down to the shirt size that fits my new measurements.  The big problem is that I inherited a 'barrel chest' from my grandfather and some shirts I put on always show my nipples poking through them like it's cold everywhere I go.

Is it ok for the world to see my man-nipples?  Should I just wear an undershirt?

Just in case you want to know, it's polo shirts that this seems to always be a problem with.

Rock on

Karl

Views: 22175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know what I read.
I wouldn't mind if the women had no shirt at all!
A gentleman never shows his nipples to the world. Egads!
Thanks Alexsander... Happy Birthday!
Why, thank you! The wife and I shall be attending an Absinthe-tasting tonight in honor of the day. Ummm, without nipples.
Wear a T-shirt underneath. That will also help stop your deodorant and the like from staining your shirt.

And congratulations on the wieght loss. Rock on
I wear a lot of white undershirts. Crew, v-neck and beaters. Usually you can see nipple, especially with the beaters they are really visible. I don't get why it would be a big deal, they are not appropriate for going to work in unless you work outside. But for just daily wear, no problems.
Congratulations on losing the weight Karl!
Generally, nipples showing are going to be a bad thing. It breaks and ruins the line of the shirt, and just looks awkward. I definitely recommend wearing an undershirt (I have this problem too, and can attest to the efficacious properties of an undershirt) and there are several types to choose from. Cotton works pretty well, and is the standard with undershirts (coming in a variety of crew, v-neck, and tank styles and colors) but you also have the choice of going with something heavier, say with a polyester/spandex blend, for a tighter more controlling fit. (I use these during fall and winter) Also, another good choice would be to wear something like Under Armor. They are specifically made to control, be light and cool, and wick away sweat. A pretty ideal choice.

Whatever your choice, I hope you find something that you are comfortable with, and helps you look like a suave sophisticated fellow. And congratulations on the weight loss!!
I'd at least where a strap tee-shirt, Karl. Things like taht are noticeable, and I don't think they're very becoming.
Wear an undershirt.
If that doesn't help you can always tape them down. Preferably with 100 mph tape the military uses. If it can fix a chopper then it can take care of your nipples.
Or you can just take it for what it is and move on with your life. It is "tacky" but what are you going to do, attack em with a cheese grater. You like polos, then wear them. I have the same problem, and I just wear what i want to.
GAWD! are we stuck in the 17th century!! Women can'tbe transvistites because EVERY piece of mens appearel is now available cut to fit them from SEARS among a thousand other stores and we MEN are so hung up we dress the same as our grand dads. Women show about anything and someone has a hangup about nipples? We're not talking about a third head. Nipples and TITS are part of a normal man's body, around 50% of men either have had or will develop BREASTS with bigger nipples, it's called Gynocomastia one can pay $5000 to have them chopped off (somewhat) or learn to enjoy them like we do with grey hair and baldness GO to Yahoo groups and you'll find there are over 1000 guys and often their gals that either have breasts they enjoy or want them! I consider myself fully optioned! Think about it, what happens when you pleasure your women's, YOU can enjoy that also!
:: blink, blink :::

um, no.

RSS

Latest Activity

Vytautas replied to Vytautas's discussion What Do We Learn From History?
"You're the one making the argument. The burden of proof falls on your shoulders, not mine.  I must conclude that your thoughts are no more than nothing."
29 minutes ago
Josh100LuBu replied to Tom Baker's discussion Masculinities and social class
"Yes, do you understand it?"
47 minutes ago
Leto Atreides II replied to Hannah Carroll's discussion Whiskey Trouble
"Well played."
51 minutes ago
Regular Joe replied to Hannah Carroll's discussion Whiskey Trouble
"Not sure. You should start a discussion to ask that question."
1 hour ago
Leto Atreides II replied to Tom Baker's discussion Masculinities and social class
"Reference to a BBC series?"
1 hour ago
Regular Joe replied to Tom Baker's discussion Masculinities and social class
"Japan doesn't have a king but it does have an emperor. It also has the remnants of a caste system that most foreigners don't know about but that nonetheless results in present day discrimination for many of Japan's people.  As…"
1 hour ago
"Why was that a reply to what I just wrote? That has nothing to do with being jealous of others success in life. I laugh when you defend these negative haters because you don't do them any justice."
1 hour ago
"True."
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service