So I recently watched Das Boot, and one of the characters, named Hinrich, had his haircut so that it was short on the sides but still long enough to be curly on the top. It wasnt very long though.

I'm getting older and have decided I want to change it up but the problem is I can't find any good photos of what I'm looking for.

Could someone be kind of to show me where I could find at least a photo of what I'm looking for. Any sort of lead would be helpful. Thank you!

Views: 290

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Google is your friend.

Searching for "das boot" the actor who played Hinrich is Heinz Hoenig. The actor who played Heinrich is Jürgen Prochnow. Not sure which one you're referring to.

A google image search for either yields your photos from the movie.

Heinz Hoenig, he was the guy who wore the headphones to hear passing boats and things.

By coincidence this is my current hairstyle.

My hair is naturally wavy so all I ask for at the Barbers is a traditional 1940s short back and sides ( pointed it out from Modern Barber magazine ). Plenty of length left on top and swept back with gel. When dry I add a bit of Brylcreem.

Simple and easy to maintain. Hope this helps.

Warm Regards,

John

Thanks for the lead! This helped a lot

I hate to say this but pinterest has them on there. Guys come into my shop and show me pics of what they have in mind all the time. I study the pic and ask them questions ...doc them 2 man points for looking at pinterest and then give them the cut.  

I was talking to my barber the other day about just this. He's in his early 30s and always is switching up his hair style. I asked him where he goes to find new styles. He said European Soccer stars. He looks at what the popular athletes in the Premiere League are doing because he said they styles are a step ahead of the US and usually end up making their way here. I haven't looked to see, but I thought it was an interesting answer. 

Thats very true!! Like most U.S Fads...they come from Europe. Now that you say that, alot of the pics on Pinterest have soccer guys in them ( hair styles).

remember, if you have a pro barber he will not mind but give him all the details you can. It helps to be specific when explaining what you want. Also, just because one guy has a certain style, doesnt mean everyone can do it....every head of hair is different.   

Not sure if anyone is still seeing this but the person I meant is the guy on the left in this picture. I don't think that is Heinz Hoenig but they look somewhat similar I suppose

Anyway, thanks for the help everyone

Attachments:

Mine is cut like Don Draper's (from Mad Men), but it winds up looking like a cross between his and Tate Donovan's. Works for me, so it will probably be that way for the next several decades. Maybe it will work for you.

RSS

Latest Activity

Paul posted photos
2 minutes ago
Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion Pre-Adamic Age in the group Christian Men
"That's a Mormon thing. Haven't heard it from any other creed."
5 minutes ago
Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion Pre-Adamic Age in the group Christian Men
"Interesting interpretation considering Adam was made of mud. Anyway, no. Te original posits on race in the 17th century posited the African race was a pre-Adamic race. And then later, the Asian race was a byproduct of Caine's taking an African…"
8 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Pale Horse's discussion Pre-Adamic Age in the group Christian Men
"Decidedly inconvenient for many. JB"
21 minutes ago
Leto Atreides II replied to Leto Atreides II's discussion Ferguson Grand Jury Decision in the group The Great Debate
" "
25 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Pale Horse's discussion Pre-Adamic Age in the group Christian Men
"To clarify, the pertinent excerpt from the Justified pilot script that your summary brought to mind (Crowder is suspected of blowing-up a black church; Givens is a Federal Marshal) ... JB"
27 minutes ago
Milo Morris replied to Pale Horse's discussion Pre-Adamic Age in the group Christian Men
"Yeah, that. I call it a convenient assumption."
30 minutes ago
Tim Dienes replied to Pale Horse's discussion Pre-Adamic Age in the group Christian Men
"I certainly never had any impression of racism whatsoever. There were beings referred to in the OT from time to time. It has been a long time since I read about them. Genesis 6:4 mentions the Nephilim, which are cross-listed as Giants in my…"
36 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service