1. I like to Garden
2. I make soap (poorly)
3. Something of a neat freak
4. Has both a Sade and Norah Jones Pandora station
5. Loves pina coladas, white russians, and other sugary drinks

Views: 2976

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The water is just there to keep the engine cool.  Add it if the engine is running too hot (watch the temperature gauge).  Also check it if you smell burning anti-freeze (which means you have a coolant leak somewhere), or if you see water leaking from the front of the car (which is the radiator or water pump leaking).

[Water leaking from the rear of the engine block is usually from the air conditioner condenser or heater.  Its supposed to leak.]

Just keep an eye on the overflow tank (clear plastic jug labeled "coolant" or "water").  "Coolant" is just water with anti-freeze in it (lowers the freezing temp so the water doesn't freeze when its cold).  If the overflow tank is filled to the "full" line, you're probably fine on water.

If you check the radiator, its better to wait until the car is cooled off (not just after you drove it).  The radiator is pressurized ... and the water is hot. If you have to open it hot -- open slowly, and use a towel or shirt or something to take the cap off. It'll spray.

JB

Um, don't get the radiator overflow tank mixed up with the windshield washing fluid, it WILL make a mess of your windshield.

Since when did wine became metro? I can see if you stuck to whites, or worse, white wine spritzers, but IMHO wine consumption can be rather manly, especially the robust reds and the burnt wines such as port or sherry.

Seems fun manly- 1. knows wilderness survival. 2. can shoot a black powder rifle 3. i collect knives. 4. i like to talk plotics 5. i can cook and bake (chef in boot camp). Metro 1. i watch glee 2.i only own 1 sword. (JK) 3. dont drive yet. 4. cant swim 5. i enjoy american idol more than i should.

MANLY

1 . will assemble without looking at instructions 

2 . use a straight  razor to shave

3. wear shorts to work every day , no matter how cold it gets 

4 . can pan for gold 

5 . know , and have built a house from scratch 

METRO

1 . almost always have to  refer to instructions

2 . rollerbladed to hockey practice 

3 . cut flowers from my garden for the house 

4 . eyes well up if a dog dies in a movie 

5 . like the feel of a cashmere sweater 

Using Mr Bauer's definitions, I'll start with Metro:

I'm a designer by trade; how things look matter to me, whether it be fashion, architecture, graphic design or site planning.

I am often considered "one of the girls" because I've never had real buddies or been part of a buddy group. Historically I've hung out with the ladies, and in my household that's how it is, even the dog. Sort of rubs off on you after awhile.

I happily source out all car and house repair work.

I love being domesticated, being the one at home who does a decent amount of the cleaning outside of the kitchen, and furnishing of spaces inside and out.

I don't know how to play football, golf, or most other sports. I tried baseball but that turned into a disaster.

Don't follow or care about any of the above.

I don't anything about firearms, hunting, fishing (not that I have anything against them, I  just had no exposure to them) and strongly dislike camping.

Relates to having never been a Boy Scout, so I can't do knots either. Cause for embarrassment when it comes time to bring home the Christmas tree.

I hate bugs HATE them.

I could keep going but this is getting depressing, so onto Manly:

As a designer of the outdoors the very earth is my medium. I can see the hand of my work using Google Earth over quite an area, that's pretty manly.

Over the past few years I've developed a love of lifting myself and other iron objects. Both have gotten bigger and heavier as a result of that.

Due to freaky weather and the fact I live in the woods I've gotten pretty good with chainsaw use (though electric, lol).

I love to grill, charcoal only, the real stuff, and I'm good at it. My burgers can cause orgasms.

I love to burn things.

I know how to drive my wife crazy.

I love speeding, prefer to drive stick, and German cars.

And lately I've been making an effort to try new things, things that are out of my comfort zone, part of my effort to balance out the metro a bit more.

"My burgers can cause orgasms."

Can I get a double cheeseburger to go, please?

ha ha!

I guess I'll bite.

1. Can fix damn near anything that is physical (from electronics to rough carpentry).

2. Lift weights.

3. Can shoot pistols and rifles pretty well.

4. Have, and know how to use, pneumatic nailers, table saw, router, jig saw, hammer, etc.

5. Have rebuilt a Jeep CJ-7 (frame-up), Ford F150 4x4 (body and drive train), and was working on a '66 Chrysler 300 (frame-up) but ran out of money.

There are a few more but you did say 5.

Metro

1. I take pride in my physical appearance

2. I do like some 'sugary' drinks

3. I wear the pants in my house, when my wife lets me

4. I cook better than my wife

5. Don't own a firearm.

The real difference is denotation and connotation -

Manly -
1. Knuckle pushups on hardwood floors
2. Cut my own meat from my own meat locker
3. Make camping equipment
4. Sleep in the raw
5. Throw back brew like a pro
6. Double dig to mix horse shit
7. Rip out old struts and shocks
8. Hiking
9. Karate
10. Fuck

Metro (?)
1. Hatha Yoga
2. Canning chicken stock
3. Sew
4. Sleep nude
5. Appreciate micro-brews
6. Prepare my vegetable beds
7. Adjust suspension
8. Walk
9. Self defense
10. Making love

Manly:

1. I know God; He is my Father, because of what Jesus Christ has done for me.
  2. I glorify God by serving others.
  3. I pray daily.
  4. I like to go camping and hiking.
  5. I was born with a penis and a scrotum.
  6. I know how to make my wife smile.  ('nuff said.)
  7. I taught my sons to grow up to be fine young men.
  8. I encourage other men and boys to be masculine.

Metro:  

1. I do the grocery shopping.
  2. I do the laundry.
  3. I get on my proverbial soapbox.

Re: #5 of manly traits:  Yes, I do believe that that makes a person a man.  Manhood is a gift given at conception. After a man is born, and as soon as he is able to understand, he must grow and develop that gift, to his  fullest potential, and continue to work on it during his lifetime. A real man does not wait for a boy to flounder and wonder what the hell he's supposed to do or how to do it.  He offers his assistance beforehand, so the boy knows he can go to a man and ask for guidance. 

Manly:

1. I hunt, and fish.

2. I recently started to pipe smoke.

3. Drink beer, whiskey and not in that order.

4. I BBQ, Grill, make my own sausages and dry age my own steaks.

5. I wrestled in high school, studied Tae Kwon Do, and own many guns. So I can pretty much defend myself.

Metro:

1. I like cleaning, doing laundry and ironing. I'm a clean freak.

2. I like red wine

3. I've worried about how I looked.

4. Teared up during a movie.

5. I have pet names for my girlfriend, and call her them all of the time..

RSS

Latest Activity

Chris Schoonover updated their profile
15 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Pale Horse's discussion Study Shows Men With Inhuman Eating Habits Have Trouble Making More Humans in the group The Great Debate
"Adult humans need fat in their diet to survive.  While there are other fats that will suffice, animal fat, including milk fat, works very well. There is a phenomenon called 'rabbit starvation', wherein people have starved to death…"
28 minutes ago
Native Son commented on Jamie Fellrath's group Velo Men
"Regular Joe, it appears the bicycling community in Ottawa is a bit different from the bicycling community in the San Francisco, CA area.  Down here, we have a noticeable subset of cyclists who think riding only something with a fixed, i.e., no…"
42 minutes ago
Native Son replied to Pale Horse's discussion Study Shows Men With Inhuman Eating Habits Have Trouble Making More Humans in the group The Great Debate
"Because, calves, like every other infant mammal, require lots of fat in their diet to survive.  OTOH, adult human mammals don't absolutely need bovine butter fat to survive. And on the OTOOH, I fondly recall the local dairy milk where I…"
58 minutes ago
Native Son replied to David F.'s discussion Pew Research on Trust of News Orgs. in the group The Great Debate
"If you really need a graph to figure out that folks only trust news media that fits their politics or personal feelings on "social justice," you are quite naive.  The "crusading paper" or the "tool of the capitalists…"
1 hour ago
Native Son replied to Kneller's discussion business casual shoes for under $100?
"Below replies are absolutely correct.  No one can advise without an idea of what you're looking at.  For that matter, I've worked in offices where the idea of business casual was more casual, during business hours.…"
1 hour ago
Michael D. Denny replied to Nick F's discussion Is sexual trolling a thing here? in the group Christian Men
"Ever notice it's only gay men who somehow feel a need to bond with other men in "this way" ? What a freak show. Look dude, just own it. Be what you are, and own it. If you can say your gay and wanna hang out with your schlong out,…"
1 hour ago
Michael D. Denny replied to Nick F's discussion Is sexual trolling a thing here? in the group Christian Men
"Calibrate the moisture missile"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service