2. I make soap (poorly)
3. Something of a neat freak
4. Has both a Sade and Norah Jones Pandora station
5. Loves pina coladas, white russians, and other sugary drinks

Views: 3150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Using Mr Bauer's definitions, I'll start with Metro:

I'm a designer by trade; how things look matter to me, whether it be fashion, architecture, graphic design or site planning.

I am often considered "one of the girls" because I've never had real buddies or been part of a buddy group. Historically I've hung out with the ladies, and in my household that's how it is, even the dog. Sort of rubs off on you after awhile.

I happily source out all car and house repair work.

I love being domesticated, being the one at home who does a decent amount of the cleaning outside of the kitchen, and furnishing of spaces inside and out.

I don't know how to play football, golf, or most other sports. I tried baseball but that turned into a disaster.

Don't follow or care about any of the above.

I don't anything about firearms, hunting, fishing (not that I have anything against them, I  just had no exposure to them) and strongly dislike camping.

Relates to having never been a Boy Scout, so I can't do knots either. Cause for embarrassment when it comes time to bring home the Christmas tree.

I hate bugs HATE them.

I could keep going but this is getting depressing, so onto Manly:

As a designer of the outdoors the very earth is my medium. I can see the hand of my work using Google Earth over quite an area, that's pretty manly.

Over the past few years I've developed a love of lifting myself and other iron objects. Both have gotten bigger and heavier as a result of that.

Due to freaky weather and the fact I live in the woods I've gotten pretty good with chainsaw use (though electric, lol).

I love to grill, charcoal only, the real stuff, and I'm good at it. My burgers can cause orgasms.

I love to burn things.

I know how to drive my wife crazy.

I love speeding, prefer to drive stick, and German cars.

And lately I've been making an effort to try new things, things that are out of my comfort zone, part of my effort to balance out the metro a bit more.

"My burgers can cause orgasms."

Can I get a double cheeseburger to go, please?

ha ha!

The real difference is denotation and connotation -

Manly -
1. Knuckle pushups on hardwood floors
2. Cut my own meat from my own meat locker
3. Make camping equipment
4. Sleep in the raw
5. Throw back brew like a pro
6. Double dig to mix horse shit
7. Rip out old struts and shocks
8. Hiking
9. Karate
10. Fuck

Metro (?)
1. Hatha Yoga
2. Canning chicken stock
3. Sew
4. Sleep nude
5. Appreciate micro-brews
6. Prepare my vegetable beds
7. Adjust suspension
8. Walk
9. Self defense
10. Making love

1. I know God; He is my Father, because of what Jesus Christ has done for me.
  2. I glorify God by serving others.
  3. I pray daily.
  4. I like to go camping and hiking.
  5. I was born with a penis and a scrotum.
  6. I know how to make my wife smile.  ('nuff said.)
  7. I taught my sons to grow up to be fine young men.
  8. I encourage other men and boys to be masculine.

1. I do the grocery shopping.
  2. I do the laundry.
  3. I get on my proverbial soapbox.

Re: #5 of manly traits:  Yes, I do believe that that makes a person a man.  Manhood is a gift given at conception. After a man is born, and as soon as he is able to understand, he must grow and develop that gift, to his  fullest potential, and continue to work on it during his lifetime. A real man does not wait for a boy to flounder and wonder what the hell he's supposed to do or how to do it.  He offers his assistance beforehand, so the boy knows he can go to a man and ask for guidance. 

1. I hunt, and fish.

2. I recently started to pipe smoke.

3. Drink beer, whiskey and not in that order.

4. I BBQ, Grill, make my own sausages and dry age my own steaks.

5. I wrestled in high school, studied Tae Kwon Do, and own many guns. So I can pretty much defend myself.

1. I like cleaning, doing laundry and ironing. I'm a clean freak.

2. I like red wine

3. I've worried about how I looked.

4. Teared up during a movie.

5. I have pet names for my girlfriend, and call her them all of the time..

Be myself

Fuck off....

- I can grow a beard in less time than a sneeze

- My house is filled with military stuff

- I can split a crowd like a bull in a china shop if I need to

- Responsible and prefer being self-sufficient

- Underdog to those less fortunate

- Anything with 4 wheels and an engine and I’m there

- Consider the consequences, employ logic/reason and try not to abuse strategic thinking

- Scotch over wine…anyday.

- Could care less over someone’s sexuality, discredit gossip and drama

- Am strong and thank God I’m a guy.

- I’ve had my mother’s influence ({try to} eat healthy, be polite, remain caring, etc.)

- Write (I am a word Nazi)

- Can’t men live, love and laugh too?

- Like to smell good (ok…cover up the bad ones)

- Love cats

- Sensitive (sniff?)

- Prefer to get to know the ladies first

- Don’t watch much sports or action movies

- Own and drive a 1957 VW Beetle

- Am not ashamed of any of the above

Where does crying go?

Nice discussion!

- I sail. Actually, i teach people how to teach people how to sail.

- I'm a good cook. Anything from fancy deserts to great BBq's to things i've caught and killed myself.

- I dress well. Men come to ask me for clothing advice. 

- I fix things around the house and the boat.

- I'm one of the firearms historians at the Dutch Army museum. I teach people ranging from kids to generals about firearms, even though i've only fired a weapon once in my life. 

- Fashion sense: Women come to ask me for clothing advice.

- In a car i can't find the next corner without GPS. In a boat i'll do it with my eyes closed.

- I love dressing up for fancy dress parties. 

- I wear ascots.

- I cry during movies. 

Latest Activity

John Smith replied to John Smith's discussion Creating an Online Freelance Business?
"Sweet! Any recommendations for building a PDF / "opt-in magnet"? I've downloaded a free "10 Steps to blah blah blah" from a few sites. Just curious how those are normally generated (in what program, I mean). "
15 minutes ago
Profile IconJack Smith and george morgan joined Todd Serveto's group

Growing in Manliness

Men who want to grow in masculinity, develop stronger manly traits, and be more confident in manhood.
16 minutes ago
Andreas D. updated their profile
4 hours ago
David R. added a discussion to the group Comedy!

Many of us non-medical persons assume that doctors look at the human body as just some neutral thing that they work on.  That may not always be the case.Years ago I worked as a non-medical support person in a community health clinic, one where recent med school graduates would work for a while to help pay off their debt.  I became good friends with one of these young doctors who told me an embarrassing story.A woman with really large breasts came in for an exam.  He placed his stethoscope on…See More
8 hours ago
Way2Good replied to Lon R.'s discussion "The Most Objectionable Part of the Bible" in the group Gentlemen Apologists
"Coming upon this thread of discussion late, but will share my thoughts as well.  "The immutability of Gods moral law" - I'm confused how you saw this as a God given law?  God's command was to Israel at that time to…"
10 hours ago
Way2Good joined Bryan Smith's group

Gentlemen Apologists

A place for gentlemen of all stripes who are interested in the broad field of Christian apologetics. If you are a thoughtful man interested in pursuing a more reasonable faith, or if becoming a pipe-smoking clone of C.S. Lewis is one of your greatest aspirations, then this is the place for you.See More
10 hours ago
Matt Rick replied to Matt Rick's discussion Hunting: Questions, Concerns, and General Discussion!
"Vendetta, I'm glad you have an interest in hunting!  So as for how to get into deer hunting, The first thing I would do is visit your states DNR or Game and fish website.  They are usually categorized and fairly easy to navigate.…"
11 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service