This discussion might have already been posted, but given the number of discussions, it is hard to tell.
So here goes:
I want to initiate the ultimate list of Manly Things.
Add to it, or even disagree with something someone has added, but NO DUPLICATES (that means, you have to read and pay attention to what has already been listed)
Does not have to be physical things, can also be activities, etc.
I am interested to see if we can reach 1,000 items; shouldn't be that difficult.
Here are my contributions for the first 25:
1. barber shops
2. coin collections
4. Aqua Velva
6. wing tips
7. pin up posters
8. beer mugs
9. Right Guard
12. betting shops
14. chewing tabacco
17. hairy pits
18. hula girl lamps
19. English Leather
21. cowboy boots
24. shoe shine kits
25. money clips
thanks for doing the count -- Jay
279. Thinking of someone as a great resource because he can advise you on a computer language/auto repair/&c
280. Talking about sex like it's a substance: "Getting any?"
281. Calling up a friend, saying, "You wanna [swim/play a game/watch a game]?" and then "Bye," and not expecting him to be miffed that that's all you said
282. Having a friend about which the main appeal is that you both like to do some such thing
283. Deciding things based on lists of pros and cons (not saying it's a good thing)
285. Wanting, or caring about, a guy code/being manly/doing the manly thing (as opposed to just the right thing or the helpful thing)
286. Really ugly bulldogs
IMO Real men are minimalists for they don't need things to be manly especially an abundance of unnecessities
Being able to break anything. On purpose. With or without hand tools.
I checked quickly, so I'm hoping I'm hoping this isn't an attack of the clones.
But I would throw out: Redwing Work Boots
Splitting wood with a maul
Canoeing, especially through white water.
Riding in the car with your trusty dog.
And finally, the noble attempt to bring in your wife's entire haul from the grocery store in one trip.
Insults as a sign of friendship
rough-housing with your kids
301, we be at!
Has someone included yelling? Whether it be the Tarzan, Rebel yell, Highland battle cry, Native American war whoop, or just a cry of primal exuberance, it's pretty invigorating.
- Having rugged facial hair
- Big game hunting in the snowy wilderness
- Doing a serious workout barechested
- Wrestling in large wild animal to the ground
My last contributions: Lee Marvin
Original BBQ sauce/Chili recipes