I was thinking of a 10 skills every man should have sorta post, then realized that lots of people aren't exposed to certain things. So I want to start a string of things that every man should at least experience. I wanted to say that everyman should own, or be competent, but I reckon a 17 foot canoe is not something you keep in a NY city apartment. So on the lines of 10 things every man should experience.....
1. Paddling a canoe, or rowing a boat.
3. Firing a 12 gauge shotgun
4. Splitting a piece of wood in one swing
5. Building a campfire
6. Cooking a meal over open flame
7. Hunting (even if just with a camera if your opposed)
8. Finishing an adventure (white water camping trip, hiking highest peak in your state etc....)
9. Hitting a target with a bow and arrow.
10. Spending the night in a tent, at least a days hike from your car.
I understand certain things don't appeal to everyone, but part of being a man is being well rounded. Not to mention even if you hate em all, you get 10 new stories.
1. How to get your canoe/kayak/rowboat to go in the general direction you want it to;
2. How to split a log for firewood;
3. Which end of a firearm to hold onto;
4. How to read a map;
6. Cleaning a fish;
7. Cooking said fish (and other things);
8. Which leaves not to wipe your ass with;
10. Making a campfire.