My friend is looking for a gift that she can get for a White Elephant party with her boyfriend's band. The limit is 30 bucks and I'm kind of out of ideas. They're a group of small town guys in their 20s and in a rock band. I was thinking something camping/outdoors related, but I'd like to see what you guys might have in mind. 

Views: 129

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's some Ideas.

alcohol

flask

flashlight

food

junk food

pocket knife

pint glasses

compass

whiskey stones

wallet

screwdriver set

beanie

scarf

hatchet

personalized lighter

good cigar (if they smoke them)

These are actually very good ideas! By "actually" I don't mean "surprisingly," just that I could use them in plenty of scenarios! It's a nice, diverse list.

Flashlights and pocket knives are always my go to in that price range.

That's what I said at first!

Ammunition is a good gift for gun enthusiasts.

Everyone likes sweets. Even most diabetics eat candy in moderation. Cracker Barrel has good old timey candy and sodas.

As someone who gets pocket knives fairly often and has a metric crap ton of them, I would disagree with the other commenters. Ask if he already carries a pocket knife, and if he does, don't get him one. Otherwise go for it. Kershaw is a good brand. So is Buck.

Unless he is one of those godless heathens who "don't read," a good classic book would probably be welcome. AoM has several decent reading lists with various themes.

I agree with the whole pocket knife situation. I love knives and collected them for quite some time until I found the one I carry. Now if I get a knife, I usually just give it to someone that I know doesn't have one. All of the other suggestions were great though!

Are their girlfriends included as well?

She said it was just going to be 2 girls (the girlfriends) and like 7 guys. Something like that.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016P8A1K4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_enco...

These lighters are really cool. They are rechargeable, so they don't have to be thrown away and they are wind-proof. They come in many designs and lighters are always useful. 

Thanks folks, but I think she went with a variety/sampler box of cigars from pipesandcigars.com! I appreciate all of the input!

RSS

Latest Activity

David F. replied to Pale Horse's discussion Best Methods for Cutting Down on Sweets
"Make that more special.  Hold it for wonderful celebrations."
1 hour ago
Salt Dragon replied to Pale Horse's discussion Best Methods for Cutting Down on Sweets
"Thumbs up to real food (I consider myself a "scatchatarian" for making things from scratch) and meditation.  I too have a sugar dragon and one self-bartering tool I have is to allow myself sugar bomb calories I run off on a…"
1 hour ago
Portnoy replied to Lumberjoe's discussion What happens when Islamic sexism meets Icelandic feminism / gender equality? Let's find out! in the group The Great Debate
"Wow, I think I'll wait a little longer before my triumphant return, destroying all of you with my unrivaled brilliance."
1 hour ago
Shane replied to Lumberjoe's discussion What happens when Islamic sexism meets Icelandic feminism / gender equality? Let's find out! in the group The Great Debate
"Eh. He just sounds like one of Richard Spencer's goons."
1 hour ago
Vendetta replied to Vendetta's discussion Men & Exercise
"My wife and I recently completed a team relay race. It was over 200 miles long and took place over a 36 hours period.  Each member of our team essentially ran a 5k (anywhere from 2.7 miles to 4.2 miles) every 3 hours for 36 hours, with a 30…"
2 hours ago
Vendetta posted a discussion
2 hours ago
David F. replied to Pale Horse's discussion Best Methods for Cutting Down on Sweets
"You may need to go on sugar fast for 2 weeks.  Cutting it out for 2 weeks or 40 days is will reset your body.  But you are already fighting the urges so I'm not sure this is the best advice. What is your favorite treat?  Would it…"
2 hours ago
Sir replied to Lumberjoe's discussion What happens when Islamic sexism meets Icelandic feminism / gender equality? Let's find out! in the group The Great Debate
"Well, that's thoroughly gross. Reflect, gentlemen, before you attempt to fix the poster, on the likelihood of success."
4 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service