Lately I've been feeling exhausted pretty much all the time. It feels a lot like, while I still have ambitions and plans, I lack the get-up-and-go to do them. I've developed a paunch no amount of cardio can eradicate and have become a pretty crabby fellow.   Having worked in mental health for some years I seriously doubted I was depressed. From a recommendation I received, I had my testosterone level checked and sure enough it is below the "normal" range.

As I await my follow-up, I'll ask if anybody on this site had had to deal with this and is willing to share their personal experiences?  What can/should I expect?

Views: 1218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have never heard about the singing thing. How's the weight? And if its fine then maybe you need to have an operation to remove your tonsils or something.

I use a product called T-up, you can buy it from bodybuilding.com. I dont use it cause i need it, i use it to keep my levels where thay should be, plus it lowers estrogen in my system, and keep me energized. I use it after intense workouts...keeps me focused.  and a doctor wont give you testosterone if your check up is up to par...

depends on how you've read it(past tense)..

Serum testosterone is elevated after a heavy resistance session, what you are buying is a wish in a bottle; save your money.

im not the one who needs the advice gentlemen, save your words.

Ironically, if it was something that rose your testosterone then it would lower it in the long run. Read StaggerT's comments about the negative feedback loop. Your body does not want you to have too much T. You try and raise it and all you will do is further suppress your pituitary from releasing leutinizing hormone (which will in turn decrease the amount of T made by your testes). Ever wonder why guys on 'roids have small testicles?

Anyway, everyone is talking about Testosterone. It isn't the male superhormone we like to pretend it is. That would be dihydro-testosterone (DHT). It is the hormone that separates the men from the ladies (girls can make T but not DHT). The conversion from T to DHT requires an enzyme called 5alpha-reductase. Actually, if any of you guys ever used rogaine for hair loss then you have had something that blocks this enzyme rubbed on your scalp. 

"Ever wonder why guys on 'roids have small testicles?"....no

Serum testosterone is elevated after heavy resistance sessions, you might want to start some heavy weight training.

Depending how low "below the normal range" you are, natural supplements coupled with exercise may help to give you a T lift.  Natural ingredients such as:

Orchic Extract – made from bulls testicles and used to make medicine in some parts of the world. Men use Orchic substance as a source for testosterone, and to promote healthy testicular function.

Nettle leaf – derived from a prickly plant and shown to inhibit the binding of Testosterone to Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG), translated: consuming it helps to result in higher levels of “free” Testosterone and lower levels of “bound” Testosterone. Bodybuilders use Nettle Extracts to help increase free testosterone.

Tribulus terrestris - is thought to increase testosterone levels, sex drive, and DHEA.

Pumpkin seeds - contain zinc, important for preventing a deficiency in testosterone. Having adequate levels of zinc helps to reduce the risk of prostate disease, increase sperm count and sperm motility.

Boron Citrate – is a mineral that is used to promote muscle building and to increase testosterone levels.

You can find "multi-vitamins" containing all these ingredients usually labeled as male enhancement supplements or body-building supplements. These natural extracts may be less invasive for boosting T-levels than other methods, depending on how low your testosterone levels actually are.

A colleague of mine (young to mid 30s) had low testosterone. They put him on a testosterone therapy to get him back up to normal levels and he said it was the greatest thing that ever happened to him. Anecdotally, he looked noticeably healthier (A LOT) once the therapy had kicked him. I think he was originally on a patch but switched to a cream or spray.

I read the testosterone week articles on AOM last year so decided to get my own T levels tested. My T levels are high, but I think that my lifestyle is the main reason for this.

My diet is a pescetarian diet, high in protein and good fats. Basically it's a vegetarian diet with the addition of fish. I supplement my diet with ZMA, vitamin D3, vitamin C, flaxseed and whey protein.

I exercise regularly. Challenging weights workouts every 3 days, interval training sessions on a cross trainer, use the heavy punch bag and also long bike rides once a week. I am physically fit, have a low % body fat and have a good level of strength and muscular development too from this lifestyle.

Anything physical that needs doing around the house or in the garden I do if at all possible. The modern concept of paying someone 'getting a man in' to do basic DIY is ridiculous.

So, in short, a manly lifestyle is the simplest way to increase T levels. Worth reading the testosterone week articles on AOM and putting those ideas into action.

RSS

Latest Activity

Rick Shelton commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

Josh100LuBu - Such A Powerful Photo!

"Josh, You have some small idea what perception is but zero idea of what frequency is and where it is actually applicable.  I'm not sure what the 'green screen' theory is."
7 minutes ago
Rick Shelton commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

"He doesn't wear the boots very often."
9 minutes ago
Alberto joined Tom Gunn's group
Thumbnail

Manly Mnemonists

This group aspires to share information and tips regarding mind palaces and other memorizing strategies both competitive and practical.See More
49 minutes ago
Max commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

"Because the tides would happen without the moon.... riiiiggghhttt..."
53 minutes ago
Josh Allen commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

"Rick please go ahead and write that book, I myself am writing a book right now based upon Lamatology, secret societies, mainstream lies, space, teleportation etc etc. It will change the world as we know it, you talk about changing reality that is…"
1 hour ago
Jack Bauer replied to Will's discussion What's going on in those heads in the group The Great Debate
"I understand that failing to pay eventually gets your shit taken by the IRS or State.  Savings accounts and insurance policies don't work that way. JB"
1 hour ago
Leto Atreides II commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

"That's the saddest thing you've ever posted here."
1 hour ago
Josh Allen commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

"I'm not enslaved John, I am free because I have realized my true potential that so many people neglect most of their lives. You included."
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service