Gentlemen,

I've been married for a few months and have run into somewhat of a dilemma. My wife told me that we have "lost the romance." The problem, in my opinion, is that we are both incredibly busy. I work full time during the day and then I am studying for the FE (a general test for engineers to begin the process of becoming a professional engineer). My wife is a full time student. Does anyone have some ideas as to how I can keep the romance alive when it seems like we only get to see each other on the weekends? I want her to know how much I care for her but the time I spend working and studying to provide financially for her doesn't always relay the love that I have for her. Suggestions?

Thank you for your advice.

Views: 1065

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Then again, I've been wrong before.

JB

I just covered this very extensively in an article and podcast. Read and Listen. If you have questions please just email me at ritterbenjamin@gmail.com. I would love to help. There's also an incredible Ted talk on this....if you care about your relationship listen to everything all the way through. Links below

Keeping the flame alive: Sustaining sexual attraction - http://www.examiner.com/article/keeping-the-flame-alive-sustaining-...

How many times have you heard that sex decreases or even stops in long term relationships? This running joke is actually a sad fact. Many people do not realize that sexual intimacy is not just part of, but an essential component of a fulfilling relationship....

Ester Perel: The Secret to Desire in a Long term relationship -

http://www.ted.com/talks/esther_perel_the_secret_to_desire_in_a_lon...

Suave Lover: Sustaining the sexual excitement - http://suavelover.com/podcast/?name=2013-12-30_suavelover_podcast_0...

There's probably nothing more exciting than intense sexual attraction in a romantic relationship--and nothing worse than to see that sexual attraction fizzle. Why does this happen? In this episode you will learn:

• What creates sexual tension
  • Why the "brother-sister" relationships come about
  • How to sustain sexual attraction in a long term relationship
  • How to get your emotional and sexual needs met without desexualizing your partner

RSS

Latest Activity

Casey Reece joined Conrad Neil's group
Thumbnail

Teddy Roosevelt Appreciators

For those who agree that Teddy Roosevelt was a great, manly man.See More
45 minutes ago
Will replied to Charles Neill's discussion Did Christ doubt The Father? in the group Christian Men
""Why are you doing this to me?" is not the same as "I doubt you are doing this to me for valid reasons.""
52 minutes ago
Casey Reece joined Michael J. Austin's group
Thumbnail

Veteran's of Desert Shield/Storm

Gather place to share memories, photos, or information.
53 minutes ago
Casey Reece updated their profile
1 hour ago
Paul O'B joined William Stubler's group
Thumbnail

AOM Buddhism

Buddhism is fascinating as a spiritual practice and as collection of rather sophisticated philosophies. There is something very manly about its emphasis on mental discipline and self awareness. I'll be posting discussions and links, enjoy!See More
1 hour ago
Andrew joined Harris's group
Thumbnail

Libertarians

For life, liberty and property.
1 hour ago
John Lee Pettimore replied to Landen Augur's discussion Eligible Bachelor who can never get a date
1 hour ago
Andrew joined Steven C.'s group
Thumbnail

Exercise

Exercise is a crucial part of maintaining a manly physique. Join up to share ideas, get support and discuss plans with other men.See More
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service