Gentlemen,

I've been married for a few months and have run into somewhat of a dilemma. My wife told me that we have "lost the romance." The problem, in my opinion, is that we are both incredibly busy. I work full time during the day and then I am studying for the FE (a general test for engineers to begin the process of becoming a professional engineer). My wife is a full time student. Does anyone have some ideas as to how I can keep the romance alive when it seems like we only get to see each other on the weekends? I want her to know how much I care for her but the time I spend working and studying to provide financially for her doesn't always relay the love that I have for her. Suggestions?

Thank you for your advice.

Views: 1072

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Then again, I've been wrong before.

JB

I just covered this very extensively in an article and podcast. Read and Listen. If you have questions please just email me at ritterbenjamin@gmail.com. I would love to help. There's also an incredible Ted talk on this....if you care about your relationship listen to everything all the way through. Links below

Keeping the flame alive: Sustaining sexual attraction - http://www.examiner.com/article/keeping-the-flame-alive-sustaining-...

How many times have you heard that sex decreases or even stops in long term relationships? This running joke is actually a sad fact. Many people do not realize that sexual intimacy is not just part of, but an essential component of a fulfilling relationship....

Ester Perel: The Secret to Desire in a Long term relationship -

http://www.ted.com/talks/esther_perel_the_secret_to_desire_in_a_lon...

Suave Lover: Sustaining the sexual excitement - http://suavelover.com/podcast/?name=2013-12-30_suavelover_podcast_0...

There's probably nothing more exciting than intense sexual attraction in a romantic relationship--and nothing worse than to see that sexual attraction fizzle. Why does this happen? In this episode you will learn:

• What creates sexual tension
  • Why the "brother-sister" relationships come about
  • How to sustain sexual attraction in a long term relationship
  • How to get your emotional and sexual needs met without desexualizing your partner

RSS

Latest Activity

Nathanael replied to Sylvan O'Ryan's discussion Sister Being Bullied and Intimidated - Brother needs advice
"Probably.  Threatening behavior and words should be enough for one, even if he hasn't actually hit her.  Does she have a good lawyer? "
16 minutes ago
Sylvan O'Ryan replied to Regular Joe's discussion Responsibility Towards A Brother
"Good brother you are Joe, and from where I'm standing - keep it up. Problem is not just now, if this persists then imagine his life 20yrs from now. It's definitely not too late for him to still have a full go at life, relationships etc.,…"
26 minutes ago
Sylvan O'Ryan replied to Sylvan O'Ryan's discussion Sister Being Bullied and Intimidated - Brother needs advice
"So maybe I can verbally abuse the man the same way he does my sister and get him to take a swing, then have a round or two with the chump and then claim it was self defence?? Just kidding, if only. Here's the other thing mate - I know us…"
41 minutes ago
Sylvan O'Ryan replied to Sylvan O'Ryan's discussion Sister Being Bullied and Intimidated - Brother needs advice
"Two 3yr old girls that still needs to see both their parents. I'm overseas and my folks are 8hours away from my sis, so he's always trying to use the kids to get to her which makes it difficult. Regarding a restraining order, he…"
54 minutes ago
Vytautas replied to Kneller's discussion Should I take this job in Philadelphia?
54 minutes ago
"Thanks Rick, reckon we'll be doing that. While the divorce is still going on we're trying to minimise her contact with him (difficult with two 3yr old kids though) and trying to keep our side clean but at the same time now trying…"
59 minutes ago
Daniel Rodriguez replied to Kneller's discussion Should I take this job in Philadelphia?
1 hour ago
Bob Brower replied to Kneller's discussion Should I take this job in Philadelphia?
"I re-read your post : you want to live inside the city ???? that will never happen on what you make NEVER !  you might find a lower priced place to live in Camden or Trenton and commute into the city , but you have to be a tough dude to live…"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service