I am currently almost done growing my hair out in a style reminiscent of Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.  It's thick and curly like Hayden Christensen's, but with little more blond.  I'm a young man and I have a baby face on top of that, so it's not like I'm a creepy old guy trying to look young.  A few of my older relatives don't like it, but I've gotten compliments from at least a couple people I know. Opinions?

Views: 3123

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, Jeff.  I wish you nothing but the best of luck in the the future.

As for the long hair, I can only tell you what has worked for me these past eight years of having longish hair.  I say longish because sometimes I have it pretty long and others, longish, but never a buzz cut or shorter than 5 inches .  So, my only advice is this:  there will be days you hate your hair.  It's tough growing it out, so when those days happen, just use some extra product or grin and bear it. 

Also, there are two ways to grow it out and I recommend the latter if you want to look the least bit presentable.  

1) Don't cut it for a year or so.  You'll probably look homeless though 

or 

2) Let your barber know what style you're going for and grow it out slowly.  This will probably mean you will let the top grow out while continuing to clip the sides and back a bit.  After the top gets some length, then you begin to let the sides grow while continuing to clip the back so it doesn't take this mullet shape, and then finally, let the back grow once the top and sides have caught up.  

Hmmm. That sounds like a very logical approach.  I've read various articles saying not to cut it at all.  But it makes sense to let the short parts catch up with the longer ones and keep it all neat. Most likely I'll not cut it at all and see if I can't keep it well groomed. It grows so slowly I hate to take a step backward by clippng it. It's hardly what I would call long. More like, I could use a haircut stage. Think I can keep it tidy so we'll have to see.  Thanks for the input on what is really a relatively unimportant matter. 

RSS

Latest Activity

Josh Thompson joined Matthew Jones's group
Thumbnail

Real Shaving

For all those who know the pleasure, ritual and value of a real shave.See More
1 minute ago
Milo Morris replied to Kneller's discussion Should I take this job in Philadelphia?
"I moved from Boston to Philly when I was 19 because I transferred to a different college. The cost of living in Boston is higher than in Philly, but it is possible to live comfortably on $40K in both cities IMO.   Before I get too far into…"
1 minute ago
Josh Thompson joined Andrew's group
Thumbnail

Men with Beards

For men with beards to show and share the great life of having a beard. Can there be anything more manly than a beard?
2 minutes ago
Josh Thompson joined Bill Teeple's group
Thumbnail

Manly Hats!

The hat, distinguished by having a brim all the way around, is manly. Let's talk about hats.
2 minutes ago
Josh Thompson joined Tim Plett's group
Thumbnail

The manly art of coffee

For coffee lovers and home roasters
3 minutes ago
Jesse Dijkstra joined Matthew Mac's group
Thumbnail

Young Men

They say a man's mind does not truly mature until he is 24. For the young man finding his way in the world.See More
3 minutes ago
Profile IconJosh Thompson and Mike Lally joined Carlos Lemus's group
Thumbnail

Book Group

This is a group for all those of us who enjoy a good book. In this group you can submit reviews, start discussions on specific books, or simply share what you're reading.
4 minutes ago
Josh Thompson joined Nathan landry's group
Thumbnail

Mountain Bikers

A group for those who enjoy the manly sport of mountain biking.
5 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service