I am currently almost done growing my hair out in a style reminiscent of Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.  It's thick and curly like Hayden Christensen's, but with little more blond.  I'm a young man and I have a baby face on top of that, so it's not like I'm a creepy old guy trying to look young.  A few of my older relatives don't like it, but I've gotten compliments from at least a couple people I know. Opinions?

Views: 3024

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, Jeff.  I wish you nothing but the best of luck in the the future.

As for the long hair, I can only tell you what has worked for me these past eight years of having longish hair.  I say longish because sometimes I have it pretty long and others, longish, but never a buzz cut or shorter than 5 inches .  So, my only advice is this:  there will be days you hate your hair.  It's tough growing it out, so when those days happen, just use some extra product or grin and bear it. 

Also, there are two ways to grow it out and I recommend the latter if you want to look the least bit presentable.  

1) Don't cut it for a year or so.  You'll probably look homeless though 

or 

2) Let your barber know what style you're going for and grow it out slowly.  This will probably mean you will let the top grow out while continuing to clip the sides and back a bit.  After the top gets some length, then you begin to let the sides grow while continuing to clip the back so it doesn't take this mullet shape, and then finally, let the back grow once the top and sides have caught up.  

Hmmm. That sounds like a very logical approach.  I've read various articles saying not to cut it at all.  But it makes sense to let the short parts catch up with the longer ones and keep it all neat. Most likely I'll not cut it at all and see if I can't keep it well groomed. It grows so slowly I hate to take a step backward by clippng it. It's hardly what I would call long. More like, I could use a haircut stage. Think I can keep it tidy so we'll have to see.  Thanks for the input on what is really a relatively unimportant matter. 

RSS

Latest Activity

Jack Bauer replied to Demetri Martinez's discussion Falling in Love Hurts
"You're WAY over-analyzing, and its pissing her off.  Stop it, or she's going to walk.  And, even it didn't piss her off, it looks desperate and unconfident.  Women don't like desperate and unconfident. You need to…"
4 minutes ago
Rick Shelton replied to Jaya Jagannath's discussion Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc.
"This didn't make it to where it was supposed to go.  This follows Liam's response to Josh about the days of the week not corresponding to the physical location of certain astronomic bodies."
6 minutes ago
Christopher R Mallow replied to Matthew Perry's discussion How to avoid looking like a hipster in the group Manly Hats!
"By the way, both you and your compadre look excellent in your hats. Very nice, very well done. (I love your jacket, too.) "
8 minutes ago
Christopher R Mallow replied to Matthew Perry's discussion How to avoid looking like a hipster in the group Manly Hats!
"Don't get me wrong...I have nothing against the driving cap per se. It's just becoming difficult to differentiate the style from the...uh...genre? Lifestyle? Look? Well, you get the idea. "
9 minutes ago
Pedro Angel Serrano posted a photo
10 minutes ago
Fernando joined Brett Balcar's group
Thumbnail

Film

Discuss your favorite films and upcoming releases
19 minutes ago
Vanquish Guy left a comment for C. Ray
"Welcome man! In chicago as well"
25 minutes ago
Rick Shelton replied to Jaya Jagannath's discussion Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc.
"I thought it was pretty clear and as I'm not a teacher I can't explain it any better.  Liam's post was more on the mark regarding the physical space you have to travel to get to the moon."
26 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service