I am currently almost done growing my hair out in a style reminiscent of Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.  It's thick and curly like Hayden Christensen's, but with little more blond.  I'm a young man and I have a baby face on top of that, so it's not like I'm a creepy old guy trying to look young.  A few of my older relatives don't like it, but I've gotten compliments from at least a couple people I know. Opinions?

Views: 3795

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hah!  Charlie's Angel, without the figure.  Such is the nature of following fads ... you'll look like a dufus in pictures 20-years down the road.

JB

Well at least you had the hair for it!  My awful longhaired senior pic would stop clocks. Atomic clocks.

Bah. Feckin' amateurs ..... 

Holy crap!  It's Elrond!

It was '93 and I played bass in a metal band. That was the day I cut it off. The ponytail was 19 inches. You can see in the hairline there why I cut it and what the inevitable outcome was going to be. 

You look elvish!

Mae govannen!

Maiden effin rules man

I'd have to see a picture to know what I think.  

I'd also post a pic of myself to show that long hair on old men doesn't mean pining for lost youth... except I cut it.  It wasn't worth the bother.

Aces and eights.  Never sit with your back to the door.

JB

Yes.  Long hair on men is traditional.  Just not in the mid-century.  Then it made a comeback.

Or this guy:

Without seeing a picture it is impossible to give useful feedback.  Post a photo.

While my own tastes lean towards precision clipper cuts, there are *some* men who can successfully wear long hair.  Paul Adrian is a classic example, but here's another one, Lani Tupu:

What makes it look right on him is his overall styling, and the fact that it is maintained and groomed impeccably.

Most men with hair that is only slightly long do not keep it so impeccably groomed, and the entire effect becomes sloppy.  Consequently, I do not usually respond well to medium length hair.

RSS

Latest Activity

Michael J. K. replied to Mongoose's discussion News Report: Earwax... Sexual Orientation can be Determined via Ear Wax?
"thanks Art this made my day you are so correct "
3 hours ago
Michael D. Denny replied to Oakland's discussion Manly Hand Lotions
"He certainly won't if he can't be a gentleman when discussing women in public."
4 hours ago
ClubmanPinaud replied to ClubmanPinaud's discussion Hello all. Does anyone still use iodine on their cuts?
"If I was lucky my mom was around to wash and patch me up from time to time but often it was my dad who was in charge of me when the major scrapes occurred!"
5 hours ago
Dakota Caraway replied to ClubmanPinaud's discussion Hello all. Does anyone still use iodine on their cuts?
"All about that Campho Phenique."
6 hours ago
Michael D. Denny replied to ClubmanPinaud's discussion Hello all. Does anyone still use iodine on their cuts?
"I make a poultice of Copenhagen and bourbon."
6 hours ago
Sir commented on Herb Munson's group The Great Debate
"If there's a death penalty thread, you can post on it.  Or you can make one. (You can post here too, but if you want a discussion, a thread will work better.)"
7 hours ago
Liam Strain replied to ClubmanPinaud's discussion Hello all. Does anyone still use iodine on their cuts?
"memories of it, certainly. But I'm perfectly content with washing it with water and peroxide (at first), then using neosporin or a betadine derivative. No need to pour the alcohol (the tincture part, and what makes it hurt) into the wound. "
7 hours ago
Shane commented on Herb Munson's group The Great Debate
"cool story bro"
7 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service