Hi everyone - My girlfriend and I recently purchased our first house, and obivously one of the first things we need to buy is a new grill for our backyard. After reading the "Art of Summer Grilling" post on AoM, I've decided to go charcoal. It will be a pretty big change since I've always used propane in the past. I mostly cook steak, burgers, and the occasional chicken, but wouldn't mind getting more into slow cooking (ribs, pulled pork etc).

Right now I'm looking at getting a Weber 22.5" Kettle Grill. I like how affordable it is, but I don't really know how it will perform with longer, slower cooking. I'm also interested in the Kamado Ceramic Smoker/Grill, which is $599 at my local Costco. This is slightly out of my price range (something >$450 would be ideal) but is definitely more suited for low and slow grilling.

Does anyone have any other grills I should check out or advice on picking between this two?

Tags: BBQ, Weber, grilling

Views: 1035

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It all gets back to a wood fire...very primeval.

Yep and the kids can't roast marshmallows over a propane after you're done cooking.

LIke you all my previous grills have been propane but I last year I bought the Weber 22.5" grill and really like it.  If I were you I would get the grate that is hinged so you can add charcoal and wood chips when needed.  I also hear wonderful things about the Green Egg from people who own one.

RSS

Latest Activity

Regular Joe replied to John's discussion Suggested wedding presents?
"Money The fact that they don't have a list implies that they either really don't want gifts or that they want money."
4 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Regular Joe's discussion G-Spot Officially Declared A Myth
"I'm intrigued.  Kinda hoping I've found those without knowing their names. JB"
11 minutes ago
Regular Joe replied to Regular Joe's discussion G-Spot Officially Declared A Myth
"What's a ZJ?  Trust me honey: if you don't know, you can't afford one. "
13 minutes ago
Regular Joe replied to Regular Joe's discussion G-Spot Officially Declared A Myth
"It's definitely a sensationalist title to draw attention. The article essentially says "there isn't an exact spot per se, but that whole region is pretty dang decent". "
14 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Ian Wilson's discussion So what is the point of all this? in the group Out to Build Bridges
"We have quite a bit of common ground.  I don't share your disdain for marriage ... but I agree that committed gay couples ought to enjoy equivalent legal benefits, and that simply forgetting the word 'marriage' and going with…"
15 minutes ago
Max replied to Nathanael's discussion Common-sense gun laws, what would they look like for you? in the group The Great Debate
32 minutes ago
Walter B. Pewen replied to Nathanael's discussion Common-sense gun laws, what would they look like for you? in the group The Great Debate
"You've already gotten a lot more that the amendment offered.  Something like "For a well trained militia..."  Gimme a break.  That's definitely wuss whining. Must feel put upon."
37 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Nathanael's discussion Common-sense gun laws, what would they look like for you? in the group The Great Debate
"Criminals are a problem in urban areas.  With or without guns. JB"
44 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service