Hi everyone - My girlfriend and I recently purchased our first house, and obivously one of the first things we need to buy is a new grill for our backyard. After reading the "Art of Summer Grilling" post on AoM, I've decided to go charcoal. It will be a pretty big change since I've always used propane in the past. I mostly cook steak, burgers, and the occasional chicken, but wouldn't mind getting more into slow cooking (ribs, pulled pork etc).

Right now I'm looking at getting a Weber 22.5" Kettle Grill. I like how affordable it is, but I don't really know how it will perform with longer, slower cooking. I'm also interested in the Kamado Ceramic Smoker/Grill, which is $599 at my local Costco. This is slightly out of my price range (something >$450 would be ideal) but is definitely more suited for low and slow grilling.

Does anyone have any other grills I should check out or advice on picking between this two?

Tags: BBQ, Weber, grilling

Views: 1037

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It all gets back to a wood fire...very primeval.

Yep and the kids can't roast marshmallows over a propane after you're done cooking.

LIke you all my previous grills have been propane but I last year I bought the Weber 22.5" grill and really like it.  If I were you I would get the grate that is hinged so you can add charcoal and wood chips when needed.  I also hear wonderful things about the Green Egg from people who own one.

RSS

Latest Activity

Dion Draper replied to Daniel Offenbacher's discussion Favorite TV Shows in the group Film
"Twin Peaks, True Detective and Cheers!"
4 hours ago
Dion Draper replied to Ian M's discussion Film Noir in the group Film
"Brick is phenomenal! Kudos on recommending this gem."
4 hours ago
Dion Draper replied to Travis Spuhler's discussion Greatest movie speech/monologue in the group Film
"http://youtu.be/9FnO3igOkOk ; Many come to mind but in my humble opinion, I think this one takes the cake."
4 hours ago
Dion Draper replied to Dion Draper's discussion Delighted to make your acquaintance
"Thank you all for the welcoming atmosphere and support, I'm glad to be here."
4 hours ago
Lucas Fialho posted a photo

first

first photo to AoM
6 hours ago
Lucas Fialho commented on Specs&Beard's photo
Thumbnail

jmwp1

"Cool Beard =)"
7 hours ago
Carl Monster replied to Davis's discussion Not receiving alerts for discussions I'm following
"Must be buggy."
8 hours ago
Carl Monster replied to Alan Robertson's discussion Getting Back into the habit of exercising. Any tips for getting back into the groove? (MUCH BETTER TITLE)
"Does this f3 charge 130 bucks a month for the pleasure of this camaraderie?"
8 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service