Hi everyone - My girlfriend and I recently purchased our first house, and obivously one of the first things we need to buy is a new grill for our backyard. After reading the "Art of Summer Grilling" post on AoM, I've decided to go charcoal. It will be a pretty big change since I've always used propane in the past. I mostly cook steak, burgers, and the occasional chicken, but wouldn't mind getting more into slow cooking (ribs, pulled pork etc).

Right now I'm looking at getting a Weber 22.5" Kettle Grill. I like how affordable it is, but I don't really know how it will perform with longer, slower cooking. I'm also interested in the Kamado Ceramic Smoker/Grill, which is $599 at my local Costco. This is slightly out of my price range (something >$450 would be ideal) but is definitely more suited for low and slow grilling.

Does anyone have any other grills I should check out or advice on picking between this two?

Tags: BBQ, Weber, grilling

Views: 1029

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It all gets back to a wood fire...very primeval.

Yep and the kids can't roast marshmallows over a propane after you're done cooking.

LIke you all my previous grills have been propane but I last year I bought the Weber 22.5" grill and really like it.  If I were you I would get the grate that is hinged so you can add charcoal and wood chips when needed.  I also hear wonderful things about the Green Egg from people who own one.

RSS

Latest Activity

Pale Horse replied to Pale Horse's discussion Strangers Like Us
"Comma splice! AAAAH!"
28 minutes ago
Cthulhu's Revenge replied to Pale Horse's discussion Strangers Like Us
"Do you post things and then immediately forget about what you said??"
33 minutes ago
Adam Parker joined Stephen Larsen's group
Thumbnail

Banya Men!

Though they aren't common in the United States, Jjimjilbangs, Banyas, Onsens, and Hamams are a great places to hang out.  This is a group for men comfortable in their own skin and appreciate the eastern ideas of public bath houses.See More
1 hour ago
Pale Horse replied to Pale Horse's discussion Strangers Like Us
"Well with Shane it's probably a combination of insincerity, seniority, and charisma."
1 hour ago
Pale Horse replied to RM's discussion Girl at work
"LOL"
1 hour ago
Liam S. replied to Pale Horse's discussion Strangers Like Us
"Again - still missing the point."
1 hour ago
Regular Joe replied to RM's discussion Girl at work
1 hour ago
Pale Horse replied to RM's discussion Girl at work
"Or you can exchange it for what's behind curtain #2."
1 hour ago