Hi, my name's Jarrod and I'm 30 years old, living in Melbourne, Australia.  It has been a fairly slow, and winding path here.  I started reading Marcus Aurelius and then moved on to other philosophers in my Philosophy unit.  The more I've read, the more interested I've become in understanding what it is to be a man in this time.  Unfortunately, turning to any local media/publications in Australia is largely pointless for this endeavour and after being increasingly disillusioned, I've was very happy to find this website.  The anger, vitriol and blaming that seems to surround many other discussions any time anyone wants to raise the topic of men's interests are pleasantly absent here.

I hope I can contribute meaningfully during my time here, and look forward to participating.

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey and welcome!

Thanks!  There's quite a lot to read through so far.

RSS

Latest Activity

Robert updated their profile
2 minutes ago
Profile Icon2 members updated their profile photos
ThumbnailThumbnail
2 minutes ago
David E updated their profile
1 hour ago
Douglas Perry updated their profile
1 hour ago
Penelope replied to John Moser's discussion Having discovered why The Odyssey is so poorly written, I now know of a new skill we must recover!
"Even people who think about them with contempt?"
1 hour ago
Vytautas replied to John Moser's discussion Having discovered why The Odyssey is so poorly written, I now know of a new skill we must recover!
"People who think about the classics are perfectly capable of getting girlfriends."
1 hour ago
Michael D. Denny replied to John Muir's discussion Folk Songs
" "
1 hour ago
Norberto Paz posted a photo
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service