Hi, my name's Jarrod and I'm 30 years old, living in Melbourne, Australia.  It has been a fairly slow, and winding path here.  I started reading Marcus Aurelius and then moved on to other philosophers in my Philosophy unit.  The more I've read, the more interested I've become in understanding what it is to be a man in this time.  Unfortunately, turning to any local media/publications in Australia is largely pointless for this endeavour and after being increasingly disillusioned, I've was very happy to find this website.  The anger, vitriol and blaming that seems to surround many other discussions any time anyone wants to raise the topic of men's interests are pleasantly absent here.

I hope I can contribute meaningfully during my time here, and look forward to participating.

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey and welcome!

Thanks!  There's quite a lot to read through so far.

RSS

Latest Activity

Kevin joined Kyle C Jones's group
Thumbnail

Gin and Gentlemen

This is a group dedicated to the finest spirit and the delicious cocktails made from it. Please feel free to share what is your pick of the poison, whether it is on the rocks, in a martini or mixed in your favorite cocktail.See More
25 minutes ago
Kevin updated their profile
32 minutes ago
Shane replied to Rob's discussion Paying for your own harassment and ritual humiliation
"Doesn't matter if it's a trend or not. Bullshit is bullshit. That any one person thought this was ok is a problem. That an administration thought it was ok is a definite problem. This is a problem which needs kicked in the nuts before it…"
3 hours ago
Steve Dallas replied to Rob's discussion Paying for your own harassment and ritual humiliation
"Actually winning the MegaMillions would probably change my personal view on statistics, but it wouldn't change the reality of those statistics. While yes, sometimes we have to look at things from the other side just as much as we have to take…"
3 hours ago
Jack Bauer replied to Rob's discussion Paying for your own harassment and ritual humiliation
"True.  Majority with an inferiority complex. JB "
3 hours ago
Shane replied to Rob's discussion Paying for your own harassment and ritual humiliation
"Women aren't minorities."
3 hours ago
Josh100LuBu commented on Vendetta5885's photo
Thumbnail

Electro Shock Therapy

"Wow, great photo. "
4 hours ago
Shane commented on Vendetta5885's photo
Thumbnail

Electro Shock Therapy

"Hmmmm. Seems like the exact opposite of what you'd want to do."
5 hours ago