Happy world Cup tAoM members whatever team you are supporting! 

If you are bored and cannot wait for the show and you want to test your football knowledge skills you can try this football nicknames quiz. It's a bit hard but you can always ask friends (or Google the answers ;-)

here is the link http://www.worldcupnicknames.com/

Views: 1046

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not much into the World Cup -- we tend to see soccer as a commie plot around here.  I did see a cool World Cup commercial, though ...

JB

I'm planning to watch every game while writing, which could result in a need for extra proof-reading. 

I'm too 'Murican to enjoy soccer (or football, whatever suits your fancy). American football and baseball are more my speed.

I'm looking to follow the cup.  Lucky for me since people don't follow soccer in the USA strongly I can watch at night with no fear of getting the score.

Which Teams are you supporting?

I don't really care to watch any sports (excepting the Olympics and Superbowl commercials), but most of my coworkers are Hispanic, so I will probably end up watching it at work by default. Given that many of my coworkers have different national origins, the atmosphere is sure to be tense. That's what I will actually be watching, in all truth.

I'm with you, Nate. Except the last Olympics, which I boycotted.
Totally mystifies me men getting all worked up watching professionals who often have little to do with where the team is supposed to be from.
But you are right, the watching of it all becomes a spectator sport in itself.

Quite a few of my coworkers are Mexican.  Today was like a holiday around the office.  Strange phenomenon.  Closest I've seen before is when I worked at a small town Texas firm and they closed the office at 1pm, and canceled the Christmas Party planned months in advance, because the local high school football team had a playoff game.

I like professional sports (pretty much baseball, the Cowboys, and the Longhorns).  But, I've found I watch remarkably few games.  Maybe a few a year.  I'd rather just catch the highlights in a few minutes than burn up a whole afternoon ... much less a whole weekend.  Mike & Mike will hit the high points anyway.

JB

Sadly, I'm a bit like you, only swap out your cowboys with ANYTHING Rugby Union.

This is probably more because for 4 months of the  year, my Saturdays are completely taken up with playing rugby, and commitments to family and whatnot prevent me from completely wasting the rest of the weekend watching it. 

I just need to know one thing: will Cameroon be playing after all or did they really bail out because of the payment dispute? 

They are playing, they just went there 12 hours late.

Soccer blows, no one cares, "ball" sports are about as interesting as a hicky on a hemorrhoid, I'd rather watch a worm fight as that crap. 

Welcome to 'murica.

Not much into footie althought I CANNOT wait for the rugby world cup next year.

football, or soccer if you're 'murican is full of over paid faggots with inflated egos who care more about their hair than their performance.

RSS

Latest Activity

Max posted a video

Saddleback Mountain Appalachian trail 7/26/14

4,121 feet. It's hard to tell how high it is because the ridge itself makes it hard to see directly down
9 minutes ago
Greg Stavinoha joined Raj's group
Thumbnail

History Buffs

A place for history buffs to discuss historical issues and expand the knowledge of our past. Whether your into US history, European history, African history, or any other, come join us!See More
13 minutes ago
Greg Stavinoha joined Kevin's group
Thumbnail

The Bourbon society

The place for bourbon drinkers to congregate.
16 minutes ago
Greg Stavinoha joined Andrew LaBrador's group
Thumbnail

Pipe & Co

A place to discuss the return of the pipe and the world of pipe smoking.See More
17 minutes ago
Greg Stavinoha joined Uncle Rev's group
Thumbnail

BBQ Pit Masters

The perfect place for pit masters, far and wide, to come share tips, techniques, recipes, and pretty much anything BBQ and Grilling Related.
19 minutes ago
Jeffrey Fennell joined Carlos Lemus's group
Thumbnail

Book Group

This is a group for all those of us who enjoy a good book. In this group you can submit reviews, start discussions on specific books, or simply share what you're reading.
21 minutes ago
Greg Stavinoha joined Shane Belin's group
Thumbnail

Men of Science

Men of Science is a group for students, teachers, and admirers of science and exploration.See More
29 minutes ago
Josh Allen commented on Pale Horse's photo
Thumbnail

My Grandfather's Birthplace

"A nice little place. "
30 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service