Happy world Cup tAoM members whatever team you are supporting! 

If you are bored and cannot wait for the show and you want to test your football knowledge skills you can try this football nicknames quiz. It's a bit hard but you can always ask friends (or Google the answers ;-)

here is the link http://www.worldcupnicknames.com/

Views: 1235

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not much into the World Cup -- we tend to see soccer as a commie plot around here.  I did see a cool World Cup commercial, though ...

JB

I'm planning to watch every game while writing, which could result in a need for extra proof-reading. 

I'm too 'Murican to enjoy soccer (or football, whatever suits your fancy). American football and baseball are more my speed.

I'm looking to follow the cup.  Lucky for me since people don't follow soccer in the USA strongly I can watch at night with no fear of getting the score.

Which Teams are you supporting?

I don't really care to watch any sports (excepting the Olympics and Superbowl commercials), but most of my coworkers are Hispanic, so I will probably end up watching it at work by default. Given that many of my coworkers have different national origins, the atmosphere is sure to be tense. That's what I will actually be watching, in all truth.

I'm with you, Nate. Except the last Olympics, which I boycotted.
Totally mystifies me men getting all worked up watching professionals who often have little to do with where the team is supposed to be from.
But you are right, the watching of it all becomes a spectator sport in itself.

Quite a few of my coworkers are Mexican.  Today was like a holiday around the office.  Strange phenomenon.  Closest I've seen before is when I worked at a small town Texas firm and they closed the office at 1pm, and canceled the Christmas Party planned months in advance, because the local high school football team had a playoff game.

I like professional sports (pretty much baseball, the Cowboys, and the Longhorns).  But, I've found I watch remarkably few games.  Maybe a few a year.  I'd rather just catch the highlights in a few minutes than burn up a whole afternoon ... much less a whole weekend.  Mike & Mike will hit the high points anyway.

JB

Sadly, I'm a bit like you, only swap out your cowboys with ANYTHING Rugby Union.

This is probably more because for 4 months of the  year, my Saturdays are completely taken up with playing rugby, and commitments to family and whatnot prevent me from completely wasting the rest of the weekend watching it. 

I just need to know one thing: will Cameroon be playing after all or did they really bail out because of the payment dispute? 

They are playing, they just went there 12 hours late.

Soccer blows, no one cares, "ball" sports are about as interesting as a hicky on a hemorrhoid, I'd rather watch a worm fight as that crap. 

Welcome to 'murica.

Not much into footie althought I CANNOT wait for the rugby world cup next year.

football, or soccer if you're 'murican is full of over paid faggots with inflated egos who care more about their hair than their performance.

RSS

Latest Activity

Will replied to Hannah Carroll's discussion Rows and Bros- The Manly Art of Knitting??
"I'm still waiting on that one."
21 minutes ago
Hannah Carroll replied to Hannah Carroll's discussion Rows and Bros- The Manly Art of Knitting??
"Today I learned that apparently the number one threat to women is...grown men who still eat spaghetti o's? "
30 minutes ago
Shane replied to Hannah Carroll's discussion Rows and Bros- The Manly Art of Knitting??
"This is how women get beat. How in the hell did she manage to expire a can of spaghetti o's? Why the fuck can't she use a can opener?"
43 minutes ago
Herb Munson left a comment for Hannah Carroll
"Hello Hannah, welcome to The Great Debate!"
51 minutes ago
Scott J replied to Hannah Carroll's discussion Rows and Bros- The Manly Art of Knitting??
"Love it."
55 minutes ago
Scott J replied to Hannah Carroll's discussion Rows and Bros- The Manly Art of Knitting??
"Thank you, folks. It was therapeutic in a way."
57 minutes ago
Hannah Carroll replied to Hannah Carroll's discussion Rows and Bros- The Manly Art of Knitting??
"Nothing makes me miss art school more than "Piss Christ" and Miss Mac'n Cheese Snatch. "
57 minutes ago
Leto Atreides II replied to Hannah Carroll's discussion Rows and Bros- The Manly Art of Knitting??
"Well, Andres Serrano did win an award for a photograph of a crucifix in a glass of his urine. And then there's this..."
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service