Happy world Cup tAoM members whatever team you are supporting! 

If you are bored and cannot wait for the show and you want to test your football knowledge skills you can try this football nicknames quiz. It's a bit hard but you can always ask friends (or Google the answers ;-)

here is the link http://www.worldcupnicknames.com/

Views: 1539

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not much into the World Cup -- we tend to see soccer as a commie plot around here.  I did see a cool World Cup commercial, though ...

I'm planning to watch every game while writing, which could result in a need for extra proof-reading. 

I'm too 'Murican to enjoy soccer (or football, whatever suits your fancy). American football and baseball are more my speed.

I'm looking to follow the cup.  Lucky for me since people don't follow soccer in the USA strongly I can watch at night with no fear of getting the score.

Which Teams are you supporting?

I don't really care to watch any sports (excepting the Olympics and Superbowl commercials), but most of my coworkers are Hispanic, so I will probably end up watching it at work by default. Given that many of my coworkers have different national origins, the atmosphere is sure to be tense. That's what I will actually be watching, in all truth.

I'm with you, Nate. Except the last Olympics, which I boycotted.
Totally mystifies me men getting all worked up watching professionals who often have little to do with where the team is supposed to be from.
But you are right, the watching of it all becomes a spectator sport in itself.

Quite a few of my coworkers are Mexican.  Today was like a holiday around the office.  Strange phenomenon.  Closest I've seen before is when I worked at a small town Texas firm and they closed the office at 1pm, and canceled the Christmas Party planned months in advance, because the local high school football team had a playoff game.

I like professional sports (pretty much baseball, the Cowboys, and the Longhorns).  But, I've found I watch remarkably few games.  Maybe a few a year.  I'd rather just catch the highlights in a few minutes than burn up a whole afternoon ... much less a whole weekend.  Mike & Mike will hit the high points anyway.

Sadly, I'm a bit like you, only swap out your cowboys with ANYTHING Rugby Union.

This is probably more because for 4 months of the  year, my Saturdays are completely taken up with playing rugby, and commitments to family and whatnot prevent me from completely wasting the rest of the weekend watching it. 

I just need to know one thing: will Cameroon be playing after all or did they really bail out because of the payment dispute? 

They are playing, they just went there 12 hours late.

Soccer blows, no one cares, "ball" sports are about as interesting as a hicky on a hemorrhoid, I'd rather watch a worm fight as that crap. 

Welcome to 'murica.

Not much into footie althought I CANNOT wait for the rugby world cup next year.

football, or soccer if you're 'murican is full of over paid faggots with inflated egos who care more about their hair than their performance.

Latest Activity

MJB joined Jean-Paul G's group

James Bond Appreciation Club

James Bond (Sean Connery), Dr. No poster. Source: http://spyhunter007.com/Images/james_bond_dr_no2_1962.jpg
1 hour ago
Vendetta replied to Matt Rick's discussion Hunting: Questions, Concerns, and General Discussion!
"Hey Matt, That is some good information, thanks. I appreciate it. Unfortunately I live in the people's republic of Massachusetts and we aren't even allowed to use rifles to hunt deer (aside from muzzle loaded during primitive firearms…"
1 hour ago
John Smith replied to John Smith's discussion Creating an Online Freelance Business?
"Sweet! Any recommendations for building a PDF / "opt-in magnet"? I've downloaded a free "10 Steps to blah blah blah" from a few sites. Just curious how those are normally generated (in what program, I mean). "
4 hours ago
Profile IconJack Smith and george morgan joined Todd Serveto's group

Growing in Manliness

Men who want to grow in masculinity, develop stronger manly traits, and be more confident in manhood.
4 hours ago
Andreas D. updated their profile
8 hours ago
David R. added a discussion to the group Comedy!

Many of us non-medical persons assume that doctors look at the human body as just some neutral thing that they work on.  That may not always be the case.Years ago I worked as a non-medical support person in a community health clinic, one where recent med school graduates would work for a while to help pay off their debt.  I became good friends with one of these young doctors who told me an embarrassing story.A woman with really large breasts came in for an exam.  He placed his stethoscope on…See More
12 hours ago
Way2Good replied to Lon R.'s discussion "The Most Objectionable Part of the Bible" in the group Gentlemen Apologists
"Coming upon this thread of discussion late, but will share my thoughts as well.  "The immutability of Gods moral law" - I'm confused how you saw this as a God given law?  God's command was to Israel at that time to…"
13 hours ago
Way2Good joined Bryan Smith's group

Gentlemen Apologists

A place for gentlemen of all stripes who are interested in the broad field of Christian apologetics. If you are a thoughtful man interested in pursuing a more reasonable faith, or if becoming a pipe-smoking clone of C.S. Lewis is one of your greatest aspirations, then this is the place for you.See More
14 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service