I am glad to find a site devoted to the art of manliness! I am engaged and soon to be a stepdad to two girls. I grew up as the only boy (I had three younger sisters). Thank god I have found a place of brotherhood!

A little introduction. Mainly grew up in the Northwest, learning from my grandfather to fish, camp, and build things. I loved it! I eventually moved south where my dad's side of the family lives (and discovered that no one can beat southern cooking). At 19, I joined the U.S. Coast Guard and had the great fortune of being stationed in Kodiak, Alaska (hands down the manly place in the U.S.). I did my time in the USCG and later earned a degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management with a concentration in Information Systems...and find myself working in sales...who knew?

Anyways, I love the blog and look forward to being a long time member of the AoM fraternity!

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you ever considered a career in DoD Civil Service? I work in Government Contracts for the Dept of the Air Force. They would flip  out over your degree. take a look at usajobs.gov if you are interested. The job series is 1102

Hey there Dan!

I have definitely considered it, however I can never seem to find anything nearby. It's been a long time since I took a look at usajobs.gov. I took a fresh look at it after your reply and noticed 3 listings in Louisiana...all of them over 300 miles away from me! Oh well.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Thanks Clay!

Welcome to the site, man!

Thanks Andrew!

You're welcome!

Welcome aboard!

Thank you Augustin!

I'm a new member as well, but want to say, "Welcome!" I love the site's devotion to manliness as well! 

Thanks for the service, first off! It's definitely appreciated. 

Any chance you'd move the family back to Alaska given the chance? 

What type of sales are you in now?

Hi Shawn, and welcome to you as well! I would probably not move back because I've grown to love the New Orleans area. But, I would certainly love to make a trip back for a vacation one day! I work in in fluid connector sales, mainly for the offshore drilling market.

RSS

Latest Activity

Dion Draper replied to Daniel Offenbacher's discussion Favorite TV Shows in the group Film
"Twin Peaks, True Detective and Cheers!"
2 hours ago
Dion Draper replied to Ian M's discussion Film Noir in the group Film
"Brick is phenomenal! Kudos on recommending this gem."
2 hours ago
Dion Draper replied to Travis Spuhler's discussion Greatest movie speech/monologue in the group Film
"http://youtu.be/9FnO3igOkOk ; Many come to mind but in my humble opinion, I think this one takes the cake."
2 hours ago
Dion Draper replied to Dion Draper's discussion Delighted to make your acquaintance
"Thank you all for the welcoming atmosphere and support, I'm glad to be here."
2 hours ago
Lucas Fialho posted a photo

first

first photo to AoM
5 hours ago
Lucas Fialho commented on Specs&Beard's photo
Thumbnail

jmwp1

"Cool Beard =)"
5 hours ago
Carl Monster replied to Davis's discussion Not receiving alerts for discussions I'm following
"Must be buggy."
7 hours ago
Carl Monster replied to Alan Robertson's discussion Getting Back into the habit of exercising. Any tips for getting back into the groove? (MUCH BETTER TITLE)
"Does this f3 charge 130 bucks a month for the pleasure of this camaraderie?"
7 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service