Hello all! I've been reading this site with a few buddies since high school and am now in my senior year of college and beginning to figure out myself as a man. I'm a political science major at the University of Tennessee, plan to attend law school next fall, and through my studies, I have grown exceedingly fed-up with the modern man. Specifically with regards to the general public's view of a Southern Christian. This site and many of you give me some semblance of faith in the future of men.
There are some questions I can't find answers to elsewhere and wonder if you all might be of some assistance:
1. Where do I go to learn to hunt/find places in E. TN to hunt? Nobody in my family is very outdoorsy, so when it comes to hunting and fly-fishing, I'm pretty much on my own here, literally.
2. What's the best beard-conditioner? My skin gets all flaky when my beard gets longer, but I have sensitive skin and some conditioners make me break out really bad.
3. Any suggestions on where/how to learn to bare-knuckle box? I have a lovely girlfriend who I might have to knuckle-up for at some point and would like to know how to do so.
4. To those of you who have gone/are in law school, what's the best piece of advice you have to offer?
Thanks for your help!
1. Bass Pro Shop or Cabela's is a good place to start. Are either near you? They offer fishing and hunting classes and seminars periodically.
2. No idea.
3. Train at an MMA gym. Classic boxing won't be that helpful in a real fight. The other guy won't follow the rules. Learn to fight dirty. It will help you win. And honestly, you probably won't ever need to "knuckle up."
... and welcome to AOM!