It seems that these days fitness and the gym have become popular again (at least, in my part of the world), so naturally, some of my friends and acquaintances started going to the gym and motivating me to join them. Thing is, I have this slight heart issue - tachycardia caused by a piece of muscle growing the wrong way or something - so I'm not allowed to lift weights. That is to say, I don't like the gym very much either - when I see the people there, I get the picture of 1) low self-esteemed people who want everyone to like them, so they do what's hip, and 2) douches who have all the money. Now I don't really care about either group, but I know for a fact that I do need to buff-up a bit - without lifting weights.

Can anyone suggest anything to me?

What's a good pushup\ pull-up\ whatever routine for getting some visible muscles that actually work?

Thank you!

Views: 269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you are not allowed to lift weights, what are you allowed to do?

general athletics

Then running, swimming and cycling.

Are you allowed to run? 

At any rate, I recommend doing squats, pushups, lunge, sit-ups or crunches, and pullups, then as many burpees as you can.

Yes, but I hate running :O
I like hiking and dancing though :)

Eh.. ah excuse why you shouldnt do it, isnt a reason not to do it :P

true, true

Is it fitness or aesthetics you want?

a bit of both

"I don't like the gym very much either - when I see the people there, I get the picture of 1) low self-esteemed people who want everyone to like them, so they do what's hip, and 2) douches who have all the money."

Pretty shallow view of people that use the gym. Specially from someone asking how to "get buff".

Lunk alarm!

perhaps, perhaps

RSS

Latest Activity

Shane replied to Portnoy's discussion History in the group The Great Debate
"All I do know, is that the motivations of government are often very different then the motivations of the common man. And very different from the what the propagandists would have you believe."
55 minutes ago
derick bean posted a status
1 hour ago
Clinton R. Ausmus replied to Portnoy's discussion History in the group The Great Debate
"I don't want this to descend into a debate about the civil war. All I'm saying is I don't know what the common soldier was fighting for/thought they were fighting for, or what their family thought they were fighting for. In an age…"
1 hour ago
Shane replied to Portnoy's discussion History in the group The Great Debate
"His history is extremely one sided. He completely ignores the fact that 4.5 slave states remained in the Union, 4.5 left the Union only after the attack on Fort Sumter, the same economic warfare England had used on the American colonies the North…"
2 hours ago
Dominic replied to Portnoy's discussion History in the group The Great Debate
"I think the thing about when neo-confederates pull out the "ordinary soldier didn't fight for slavery" argument is that few, if any, ever cite actual soldiers' words in support of this argument. Surely there are CSA soldier…"
2 hours ago
Paul H replied to Peter O'Reilly's discussion Fasting and Intermittant Fasting
"Worth checking out Dr Rhonda Patricks episodes on The Joe Rogan Experience too. She talks about this on some of them."
2 hours ago
Clinton R. Ausmus replied to Portnoy's discussion History in the group The Great Debate
"You could be right. We just don't know what these folks were told when they were being recruited. Some may have been told, yes, this war is about slavery, but it's also about...Personally I think all this, is good for our country.…"
2 hours ago
Dominic replied to Portnoy's discussion History in the group The Great Debate
"Even if a monument "commemorates those that gave their lives", it is commemorating those that gave their lives in the service of a political regime whose primary goal was enslavement of blacks, regardless of how those individual soldiers…"
2 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service