For those of you who wear cowboy boots, how many pairs do you own?

This thread is aimed at those on here who like to wear cowboy boots, even if only occasionally -- how many pairs do you own?

Also, if you own, say, 5 or more pairs, do you wear boots exclusively (not counting at places like the gym, of course)?

Finally, if I may, I'd like to kindly request that if you don't wear boots, please refrain from responding.  I'm requesting that so I won't get a buttload of responses saying, "I don't own any, sorry."  Thank you.

I'll start -- I currently own 2 pairs, but I'm tempted to get at least one more pair.  Yet I'm not really sure if there's any point in that, as I don't wear boots exclusively, unlike certain folks I know who have 10, 20, 50, or 100 pairs of boots.

Views: 8437

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I own 5 pairs. Two pairs I inherited from my uncle. I got two pairs that I use for everday use, one steel toe version for workin, and two pairs of dress boots. I grew up in a redneck farm town in alberta and wearing boots for damn near everything is just the way it is. I only own one pair of shoes, and I rarly use them. My boots are of good quality and I don't see myself havin to buy any new ones for a few years. I got one pair thats made outa bull hide and I had em for 2 years. I beat the crap out of em and then recently shined em up. They still come back like new!

Asking the experts here:

What is the function of the fringes at the bottom of the laces?  Most seem to be part of the tongue and might keep water out a little better but I have also seen them as separate pieces laced in(?)

I wrote to Danner Boot company and ask this question. I was told it is to protect the tongue of the boot as it is much softer and pliable than the rest of the boot from sticks, rocks, and other objects that may get shoved unto the tongue.

Ron

OK.  The tongue is definitely softer leather even if I do not particularly recall any sticks or rocks hitting my foot there.   Thank you. 

3.  1 BLK and 1 BRN Ariat crossfire (I think that is the model name)  and 1 brown Double H.  all square toes. The Ariats have the tall riding heel, the other one is just a walking heel, it really is a toss up as to which ones are better...

I own one pair of fairly expensive tennis shoes and I cannot remember when I wore them last. I feel like a twelve year old in them. I currently own three pairs of boots, but that is because I bought two pairs at a local western wear store as it closed it's doors.

I am pretty tough on the everyday pair and wont pay more than $80 for them. I can resole them three or four times before they are so scratched and rotted that it isn't worth it. Dark brown for work boots is best. In a few instances I have not had access to my Church pair but I always carry a bottle of brown instant shine polish in the Jeep. In two minutes they clean up pretty well. Bullhide is strong for the price. I wear mine from getup to godown, daily.

As a college Prof, I keep a nicer pair of boots that work for all the more formal occassions. I have had this pair for just under ten years and they still look almost showroom new. 

Mine are tan, but I would suggest going with black unless you have two pairs or a pairs of dress shoes.

Buy before you need new ones so that you can get a good deal.

Keep a close eye on the soles or you can overwear them which increases the resoling costs.Over the past ten years I have paid roughly $300 for boots. That is about $30 a year, if you don't count the fuzzy bear feet slippers that I am buying for each member of the family this Christmas.

What brand are the bullhide? Sounds like a good buy.

I own 3 pair.  A pair for everyday and two pair of dress boots.  One pair black and one brown.  I get them repaired every few months to keep them in good shape, especially the heel.

Never had elephant boots, but I've heard they are strong as hell and last a long, long while with some modest care. Not sure, but the elephant leather may be illegal in some states.

Mine are Justins, chocolate brown.  Absolutely beautiful, and no visible scratches, despite being 2 years old.  They're not every day boots, but they're beautiful.

As for style, the cowboy boot is one of the most "I don't give a shit what you think" style choices you could make.  Make the look your own, and you'll be fine.  It's not your responsibility to bend to public opinion...when you're in cowboy boots, the rest of the world should bend to YOUR will.

WOW Chuck , if there was a quote of the year voting poll , that would be it for me !

And, in the 1990s roper boots were the stylish choice.  Specific styles come and go, but the basic "pointed toe, high heeled" cowboy boot is an absolute classic.

You won't go wrong with any of them.  And exotics tend to be made in the most classic of the classic styles...no bizarre needle pointed toes or 6" underslung heels, most of the time.

Got myself another pair, recently...a pair of very square toed, oiled leather boots on Black Friday...still breaking them in, but they're VERY comfortable.  Comfort-wise, I think I like them.  Style wise, I'm not sure they'll stand the test of time.

RSS

Latest Activity

Dion Draper replied to Daniel Offenbacher's discussion Favorite TV Shows in the group Film
"Twin Peaks, True Detective and Cheers!"
3 hours ago
Dion Draper replied to Ian M's discussion Film Noir in the group Film
"Brick is phenomenal! Kudos on recommending this gem."
3 hours ago
Dion Draper replied to Travis Spuhler's discussion Greatest movie speech/monologue in the group Film
"http://youtu.be/9FnO3igOkOk ; Many come to mind but in my humble opinion, I think this one takes the cake."
4 hours ago
Dion Draper replied to Dion Draper's discussion Delighted to make your acquaintance
"Thank you all for the welcoming atmosphere and support, I'm glad to be here."
4 hours ago
Lucas Fialho posted a photo

first

first photo to AoM
6 hours ago
Lucas Fialho commented on Specs&Beard's photo
Thumbnail

jmwp1

"Cool Beard =)"
6 hours ago
Carl Monster replied to Davis's discussion Not receiving alerts for discussions I'm following
"Must be buggy."
8 hours ago
Carl Monster replied to Alan Robertson's discussion Getting Back into the habit of exercising. Any tips for getting back into the groove? (MUCH BETTER TITLE)
"Does this f3 charge 130 bucks a month for the pleasure of this camaraderie?"
8 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service