I was wondering if any of you gentlemen have the same issue, and how you cope. I have always had pretty smelly feet. We're talking fallout when the boots come off. My feet sweat pretty hard in shoes and I cant wear sandals/flip flops all day because of my job. Even in sneakers they sweat profusely...

I have tried powder, but that just dries to a pancake-like batter on my feet and continues to smell. I've tried sprays, but I am pretty sure I have single-handedly contributed vastly to the hole in the ozone layer - and of course they didn't work longer than 5 minutes. 

When I get home from work or a day out and about, my feel are soaked. When I take my socks off and they dry, they can literally stand upon their own. 

Do any of you have a suggestion? I'm certain I should be seeking medical help to tame this beast.

Views: 374

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There's an article on this on the main site, but I can't find it easily.

Your attempts don't seem to include special washing efforts. When our bodies smell, it's usually a result of metabolizing bacteria. I'm no dermatologist, but you probably want something with antibacterial properties beyond regular soap and water. A bleach solution would work (keep it away from anything porous). So might rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide. You could also use a wash containing salycylic acid or bezoyl peroxide, marketed for treating acne.

My guess is the treatment is botox injections because I've read that's the treatment for sweaty palms and sweaty armpits.

Shoes that breathe.  I can be informal, so I've done stocking feet and sandals.  I haven't tried those with little holes in them, or different types of fabric.

This would work, except for the fact I work 12 hours or so a day in combat boots, constantly on my feet. I could try peroxide but I dont think thats going to help while they are sweating, or to KEEP them from sweating.. only to get them to stop smelling when I take my shoes off.. and a normal shower or rinse in the tub does this too..

 

a good find, Ill try some of this stuff tonight when I get home from work. thanks!

Crystal deodorant.  It's a rock salt that directly attacks the bacteria that produce the smell.

I looked for this here on base and didnt see it. May have to order it online..

Most grocery stores and WalMarts carry it, as do almost all drug stores like CVS and Walgreens.

 

Look off base.

 

You're on a military base, which implies that you're military.  My sincerest thanks to you, and all your brothers, for your willingness to serve.

RSS

Latest Activity

Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion General Election 2016 in the group The Great Debate
"LATimes poll is a tracking poll. It tracks 3000 people who vote daily, 700 are tabulated at a time. The populations shift every week~ish. That's why his African American support bounces around in it so much. One of the tracked groups has a lot…"
6 minutes ago
Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion General Election 2016 in the group The Great Debate
"Using charity money on charities isn't exactly in the same league as killing Africans and Haitians, buying high level political positions, and making international business deals against national interests. But hey, she's your guy."
16 minutes ago
Clinton R. Ausmus replied to Pale Horse's discussion General Election 2016 in the group The Great Debate
"Have you done any research on the Trump Foundation?  I've heard a few reports about how his foundation paid for legal issues incurred by his businesses... If you're trying to find where you stand, you won't find it by looking…"
22 minutes ago
Steve Dallas replied to Devster's discussion MBA - is it worth it?
"What exactly are you wanting to do with it? David is partially right. If you are wanting to go into consulting at one of the big 4 and you can't get into one of the top 10 schools, you best forget it. Don't go to an online school. The…"
53 minutes ago
Sir replied to Pale Horse's discussion General Election 2016 in the group The Great Debate
"Clinton Foundation:  I couldn't reconcile the claims about how the money was spent.  It looks like ~10% is on charitable grants.  The other 90% could be designated as "going directly to [the foundation’s]…"
1 hour ago
Sir replied to Pale Horse's discussion General Election 2016 in the group The Great Debate
"A few random bits that I have not confirmed, and don't know who to believe on. Trump up from 3.1% to 19.6% among black voters, over 2 weeks.…"
2 hours ago
Linda Harper updated their profile
7 hours ago
Lumpy52403 replied to David Salley's discussion Tucking in with shorts
"I agree with Tom (above). I almost always tuck shirts in, whether I'm wearing shorts, jeans, or pants. Even tank tops get tucked in."
10 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service