Hello guys,

I've been seeing a lot of flat caps around lately, and I've decided to get one for myself.

The tweed variety appeals to me the most. Which styles and makers do you guys prefer? Also, where might I be able to buy one, bar the internet?

I've heard great things about the authentic Irish made tweed caps, but I'm only looking to spend around $30.

Tags: caps, flat, hats, tweed

Views: 1275

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in the "Dallas area" and I've seen flat caps all over the place, including Target and WalMart.  For a good one, you would have to go to a proper men's store, but just to try one out, why not get a budget friendly one?

depends where ya live... I got mine from a little Irish stop in town, but I imagine British stores would have them as well.

My Grandfather always wore a tweed flat cap and had quite a number of them. He only ever wore ones made by Harris Tweed. There are flat caps and there are flat caps, Harris Tweed is the latter! I'm sure you can find one in the US but 30 dollars might be optomistic.

I did purchase a Harris Tweed flat cap several years ago at a Scottish Fair for $35.

I suggest you get a whippet on a piece of string to accompany you after you've bought a flat cap.

In that light, don't forget the Wellies and the side-by-side box lock double gun.

I purchased one from this place last year. They're in pretty good quality, but not the best.

Flat caps are very easy to find in Britain. I wear one all the time.

www.porkpiehatters.com

I have bought 4 different hats from this place, i absolutely love them i really like the 8 panel newsboy .....

Get a Kangol and wear it backwards.

(/SARCASM)

Lol
I wear mine all the time.

RSS

Latest Activity

Thomas Unga joined Robert Disque's group
Thumbnail

LDS Men

A place to fellowship and discuss the issues of being an LDS man in today’s world.
2 hours ago
Thomas Unga updated their profile
2 hours ago
Michael D. Denny replied to Andrew's discussion How do you take your coffee? I prefer it black with a slice of butter in it.
"Hot, wet, strong, black, inexpensive and from the Caribbean?  "
2 hours ago
Native Son replied to Andrew's discussion How do you take your coffee? I prefer it black with a slice of butter in it.
"Cheapest K-cups at Costco at home. Otherwise, black from the guy with the corner coffee shop in the building where I work (cheaper and close than Starbucks, Peet's or Philz)."
3 hours ago
Native Son replied to Raul Duron Jr.'s discussion How can I improve my leadership abilities?
"If I may.  Watch the episodes of "Band of Brothers" that are about training in stateside and in England.  Closely observe the Easy Company C.O.   That's exactly how you don't lead."
3 hours ago
Mike S. replied to Raul Duron Jr.'s discussion How can I improve my leadership abilities?
"You can read books and posts, but what it really comes down to is experience and trial by fire. I've been an NCO for six years and I'm still developing my leadership style. Something to consider though is lessons learned from past and…"
3 hours ago
Brian W. replied to Raul Duron Jr.'s discussion How can I improve my leadership abilities?
"First of all, congratulations, Corporal! That's a big step, and one that prompts many to ask the very questions you are. Thankfully, our beloved Corps has provided you with all the tools you need already. Study the leadership traits and…"
3 hours ago
John White posted a status
"what is the point of life?"
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service