Hello guys,

I've been seeing a lot of flat caps around lately, and I've decided to get one for myself.

The tweed variety appeals to me the most. Which styles and makers do you guys prefer? Also, where might I be able to buy one, bar the internet?

I've heard great things about the authentic Irish made tweed caps, but I'm only looking to spend around $30.

Tags: caps, flat, hats, tweed

Views: 1361

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in the "Dallas area" and I've seen flat caps all over the place, including Target and WalMart.  For a good one, you would have to go to a proper men's store, but just to try one out, why not get a budget friendly one?

depends where ya live... I got mine from a little Irish stop in town, but I imagine British stores would have them as well.

My Grandfather always wore a tweed flat cap and had quite a number of them. He only ever wore ones made by Harris Tweed. There are flat caps and there are flat caps, Harris Tweed is the latter! I'm sure you can find one in the US but 30 dollars might be optomistic.

I did purchase a Harris Tweed flat cap several years ago at a Scottish Fair for $35.

I suggest you get a whippet on a piece of string to accompany you after you've bought a flat cap.

In that light, don't forget the Wellies and the side-by-side box lock double gun.

I purchased one from this place last year. They're in pretty good quality, but not the best.

Flat caps are very easy to find in Britain. I wear one all the time.

www.porkpiehatters.com

I have bought 4 different hats from this place, i absolutely love them i really like the 8 panel newsboy .....

Get a Kangol and wear it backwards.

(/SARCASM)

Lol
I wear mine all the time.

RSS

Latest Activity

Josh Allen commented on Josh Allen's photo
1 minute ago
Elon Erani commented on thehuhman's group Men Over 50
"David. What is a TRX class?"
29 minutes ago
Leto Atreides II commented on Josh Allen's photo
40 minutes ago
Thumbnail

Josh100LuBu - Youthful Father Of A New Age

"My hair is more straight than hers."
41 minutes ago
Leto Atreides II commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

"Well, to be fair Josh has better skin than Janis."
48 minutes ago
Max commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

"For some reason Janis Joplin comes to mind...."
54 minutes ago
Max commented on Max's photo
Thumbnail

I made this

"Thanks. because of the glare it's kind of hard to see, the thingy in the middle is a bar of musical notes, and even more hard to see is under it the "B" for my last name."
57 minutes ago
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service