Hello guys,

I've been seeing a lot of flat caps around lately, and I've decided to get one for myself.

The tweed variety appeals to me the most. Which styles and makers do you guys prefer? Also, where might I be able to buy one, bar the internet?

I've heard great things about the authentic Irish made tweed caps, but I'm only looking to spend around $30.

Tags: caps, flat, hats, tweed

Views: 1104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in the "Dallas area" and I've seen flat caps all over the place, including Target and WalMart.  For a good one, you would have to go to a proper men's store, but just to try one out, why not get a budget friendly one?

depends where ya live... I got mine from a little Irish stop in town, but I imagine British stores would have them as well.

My Grandfather always wore a tweed flat cap and had quite a number of them. He only ever wore ones made by Harris Tweed. There are flat caps and there are flat caps, Harris Tweed is the latter! I'm sure you can find one in the US but 30 dollars might be optomistic.

I suggest you get a whippet on a piece of string to accompany you after you've bought a flat cap.

I purchased one from this place last year. They're in pretty good quality, but not the best.

Flat caps are very easy to find in Britain. I wear one all the time.

www.porkpiehatters.com

I have bought 4 different hats from this place, i absolutely love them i really like the 8 panel newsboy .....

Get a Kangol and wear it backwards.

(/SARCASM)

Lol

I wear flat caps regularly during cooler weather.  I have several with ear flaps folded up inside the cap that can be brought down over the ears in cold weather.  I purchased most of mine a Jos. A Bank. Prices vary, but usually $30 or higher. 

I wear mine all the time.

RSS

Latest Activity

Regular Joe replied to Nate Thallas's discussion The strangest date of my life
"When it comes to boobs, we all win. "
5 minutes ago
Regular Joe replied to Josh Williams's discussion New hairstyle
"It's definitely a skullet. That's exactly what he should ask his barber for."
6 minutes ago
Regular Joe replied to Brad Williams's discussion Hunting Big Game if you Could?
"If you're hunting bison for meat, that's one thing. If you're hunting it for sport, as you've pointed out, that's another. The point I was trying to make was that hunting a lot of big exotic game is about as sporty as…"
7 minutes ago
Pale Horse replied to Dave's discussion What's your favourite ad that inspires you to be a better man?
"They inspire me to make memes."
11 minutes ago
Regular Joe replied to Brandon's discussion Admiring aspects of times of oppression
""Was apartheid good for whites in South Africa?  Sure.  Was it terrible for blacks?  Absolutely."   "Well, no." The convenience of oppression VS the challenges of freedom is what this boils down…"
12 minutes ago
Nick H replied to Dave's discussion What's your favourite ad that inspires you to be a better man?
"I like the most interesting man in the world ads. Not sure about inspiring me to be a better man but they do inspire me to do more and see more"
13 minutes ago
Pale Horse replied to Josh Williams's discussion New hairstyle
"That is definitely a rattail. *shudder*"
14 minutes ago
Walter B. Pewen replied to Shane's discussion Government Services in the group The Great Debate
"I'd suggest:  Try Libertarianism if it works, but I really doubt it.   Mid twentieth century FDR stuff worked-their was no "pushing out" of free enterprise.  Do what works."
15 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service