Share your favorite apps, browser extensions, websites, etc. here. Or don't. I'm not your mama.

Views: 210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Interesting, thanks. I am going to wait until I get a little better and then download some podcasts in Portuguese etc.

Acorns is a pretty good piggy bank.

Pocket for saving web-based articles.  Feedly is a decent newsfeed.  Evernote for a mobile 'Field Notes' app.  Overcast for Podcasts.  iHeartRadio for radio.  Noisli for ambient noise.  EveryDollar for budget tracking.  Outlook for reminders.  f.lux for nighttime light reduction on my laptop.

I don't listen to much music, so never needed a music app.  I use pen-and-paper for planning, calendar, and to-do lists.

JB

Facebook, instagram, Shazam

Favorite Apps

YouVersion Bible - I prefer a physical bible to a digital one, but I use this in places where I want to be discrete about reading the bible.

Calm - Meditation is something that I do throughout the day. I haven’t really gotten in the practice of doing it at a set time each day for a set number of minutes. This app has some

Great guided meditations on it, but I prefer just to do Timed or Open-Ended Meditation to nature sounds on the app. Sometimes they have free weekends (I don’t pay for the full app) where you can experience all of the programs.

CamScanner - for digitizing paper documents

Evernote - I use this mainly as a place to store Usernames/Passwords, Codes, etc.

Twitter/Facebook/Snapchat - Listed in order of how much I use each.

RockClock - Probably the best alarm app I’ve ever used.

Waze - Even though it is glitchy right now, this is my go to for GPS

Extensions (I had these installed through Chrome to help me with online classes)

Grammarly - A Spelling and Grammar check app for the net

Strict Workflow - A Pomodoro App that blocks social networking and YouTube for a set number of minutes so you can focus on work.

F.lux - Dims the screen when you are working on your computer past sunset. I’ve heard that the glow of screens can interrupt sleep. They have an app for Android called Easy Eyes that does the same thing.

Websites

YouTube, Twitter, Facebook - I’m a bit of a junkie for Social Networking and YouTube

Gmail/Outlook/Google Docs & Drive - Personal Email, Work Email, I use Docs and Drive a lot because I don’t have Office on my desktop.

Other than that I read a lot of online articles (trying to work towards reading more books instead of junk on the internet), Listening to Podcasts and or Music from Spotify.

RSS

Latest Activity

Darren Holte replied to Portnoy's discussion Integrity
"Just a few thoughts. Why lie at all ? Your deadlines are not your suppliers concern. Every good plan has cushion and contingency.  I.e. your project deadline is july 31st. You need ten thousand widgets in your warehouse by july 15th in order…"
1 hour ago
Native Son replied to Portnoy's discussion Latest in Health Care in the group The Great Debate
"One thing I noticed about the entire debacle. In March, 2016, then Mr. Trump released a seven point healthcare plan outline that he wanted Congress to adopt. As far as I can tell, the only parts of his proposals that showed up in either the House or…"
3 hours ago
Native Son replied to Specs's discussion I need some work advice.
"Cool your jets.  This hill ain't worth dying on.  Let it slide, but make damn sure your emails actually get sent.  (I had a similar 'went to draft' email situation when I went to Windows 10.  A number, but not all,…"
4 hours ago
Native Son replied to Danny's discussion Militaria
"Just don't let the hobby take over and run your life to the exclusion of all else.  You do want to have provenance on stuff.  There's lots of reproduction stuff around, especially since "military recreating" became a…"
4 hours ago
Jay D replied to Portnoy's discussion Integrity
"Were i want to get at is less the lying part and more the part were we put other people under pressure. From the business perspective it makes perfect sense to put people under pressure so they make deadlines so your projects or your company…"
12 hours ago
Profile IconCaberry, Eder Prado, Moses Vandenberg and 9 more joined Art of Manliness
12 hours ago
Pale Horse replied to Native Son's discussion Political and Personal Advice from Rome. in the group The Great Debate
"?"
13 hours ago
Michael Hoogkamer updated their profile
13 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service