I have just gone through my closet and storage boxes.  I find all the pants (Dockers), all the shirts (Golf style), all the misc. items that have been the core of my fashion sense are (1) out of style or (2) no longer fit.  The only items I am pleased with are a few pair of Wrangler jeans, a couple of casual shirs, etc...  I believe at one time I was stylish.  I don't know how or when I lost it.  But-- WHERE DOES A RETIRED MAN OVER THE AGE OF 60 REGAIN A SENSE OF STYLE?

Views: 3490

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, they were 'slim fit' which means they're already slightly tailored to my frame. Traditional dress shirts fit me like a tent.

I am 57 and years ago decided that I would spend most of my clothing budget on well made clothes. I wear mostly things from L.L.Bean and Brooks Brothers. Granted that these clothes are more expensive but I buy lots when they are on sale. I have found that most of the items I buy last for years and I spend just a little each year to upgrade. I also think just wear what we like and not what fashion experts say we should.

What style are you going for?  

What do you do with your time?

The answer is the same regardless of age.  Get some catalogs of men's clothing and cut out the images (cut off the heads also) of that which catches YOUR eye.  What YOU think looks good for men at your age.  After you do this for a couple of hours.  Let it rest a few days do it again.  After a month look back at your choices and see if that still hits the mark.  If so, you have a shopping list.

"WHERE DOES A RETIRED MAN OVER THE AGE OF 60 REGAIN A SENSE OF STYLE?"

Start by asking Nick Wooster. Although he's only 56, he's a safe bet.

http://www.nickwooster.com/

I just saw that. Yeah, that's terrible. Just run a Google Images search for the guy's name. Most of the time he's on point.

What... No. Real men don't wear prada, gucci, etc. What a joke. If you're gonna emulate someone else's style look at styles from James Dean, Steve McQueen, Marlon Brando, etc.

yes!

I'm not 60, I am in my 30's.  However I like to think that I have a handle on my small but functional wardrobe.  For the most part I wear levis 501 raw denim jeans, a western shirt or a t shirt, and a pair of red wing moc toes.  I've been told I dress old fashioned.  Granted, I take it as a compliment because I like that look.  But to me this is how men should dress.  Don't try the modern fads that everyone else seems to think is cool.  Just stick to the classics.  

yup

RSS

Latest Activity

DHO updated their profile
12 minutes ago
Clinton R. Ausmus replied to Pale Horse's discussion AG Sessions in the group The Great Debate
"You know I really don't know what you're trying to prove here Shane. But I think you might have missed a dose this morning man. You seem to be itching to just nail someone for a comma being out of place or something so you can celebrate…"
21 minutes ago
Clinton R. Ausmus replied to David R.'s discussion Transgender Persons in the Military in the group The Great Debate
"Dude seriously? What is the title of this discussion? Or, I see what you're doing...I shouldn't say bill, I should say policy. Thanks for pointing out my folly."
23 minutes ago
Clinton R. Ausmus replied to Sir's discussion Transgenderism and optical illusion in the group The Great Debate
"I'll read the article later when I have a break at work, but already you could simply say: Is it more transgender that have schizophrenia or is it more schizophrenics who are transgender? This looks like either it's already being spun to…"
26 minutes ago
Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion Proverbs 18:24 in the group Christian Men
"Compose noun "Create" synonym "Invent" The Hebrews did not invent a good chunk of Proverbs. They transcribed them from oral traditions."
28 minutes ago
Shane replied to Pale Horse's discussion AG Sessions in the group The Great Debate
""Pretty close to the exact wording" Useless."
34 minutes ago
Shane replied to David R.'s discussion Transgender Persons in the Military in the group The Great Debate
"What bill?"
35 minutes ago
Clinton R. Ausmus replied to Pale Horse's discussion AG Sessions in the group The Great Debate
"Since PH asked the question, don't you think he should be the one to open it up. Takes 2 minutes on google to get pretty close to the exact wording that Mueller has given really. So I'm not real sure what you're going to do when…"
37 minutes ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service