For some reason, after losing 90 pounds, I started having some irritating soreness around in my right hip area.  It comes and goes, but when it's there, it seems more bothersome right when I first get up.  It's annoying, and naturally, I don't have sense enough to go to the doctor.  When it's an issue, I'll take some Ibuprofen or something and go on.

Well, the other day I was at a sale and found an EMS 7500 system that someone was getting rid of. The guy had no idea what he was selling---he just said "it vibrates you"---I picked it up for practically nothing.  It's like a TENS unit---and I decided to try it.  It really worked well, and the effects seem to last quite some time, so I don't have to do it very often.

I'm surprised I haven't heard more about these.  Does any body else have any experience with one of these?  How has it worked for you?  Do the effects seem lasting?  What conditions have you found it to be effective for?

Tags: 7500, EMS, TENS, pain

Views: 302

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ah nice!  I work at a PT clinic right now, and we use those to wrap up just about every patient's visit.

I dont want to say anything that'll burst your bubble.  If it works, it works!  You may find yourself having to use it more and more frequently.  Supposedly its good for relaxing muscles and nerves, should bring blood flow to the area, and so on, but some say its a simple placebo.  Its good for all sorts of aches and pains as far as im concerned, ive put it on everything from ankles to necks.  I've always wanted to put it on my temples during a headache, but never tried ;)

thats interesting, but no surprise that you started noticing pain after you lost weight.  I suppose youre more in contact with your body.  it doesnt mean the problem wasnt there before, unless you caused an injury during exersize.  at any rate, im sure youre much better off without the extra 90.

Hi Todd,

You look like a new man - I reviewed an old post the other day, one which you gave me some pretty good advice on. At the time what struck me was how much your appearance had changed!

I used EMS before, not as a method of pain relief but as a prevention for quadriceps atrophy. It was quite effective. I had some serious knee surgery a year and a half ago and it really helped maintain muscle bulk, in addition I was cycling and swimming.

I rented it for around $200 (a serious investment in my recovery). I'm glad you're finding it useful, hope the hip improves!

Thanks, Pat!  Glad to hear about the EMS and how it worked for you.  I'm a Weight Watchers leader now, by the way---off all kinds of medicine, and feeling years younger--thanks for noticing!

RSS

Latest Activity

Dion Draper replied to Daniel Offenbacher's discussion Favorite TV Shows in the group Film
"Twin Peaks, True Detective and Cheers!"
32 minutes ago
Dion Draper replied to Ian M's discussion Film Noir in the group Film
"Brick is phenomenal! Kudos on recommending this gem."
34 minutes ago
Dion Draper replied to Travis Spuhler's discussion Greatest movie speech/monologue in the group Film
"http://youtu.be/9FnO3igOkOk ; Many come to mind but in my humble opinion, I think this one takes the cake."
36 minutes ago
Dion Draper replied to Dion Draper's discussion Delighted to make your acquaintance
"Thank you all for the welcoming atmosphere and support, I'm glad to be here."
45 minutes ago
Lucas Fialho posted a photo

first

first photo to AoM
3 hours ago
Lucas Fialho commented on Specs&Beard's photo
Thumbnail

jmwp1

"Cool Beard =)"
3 hours ago
Carl Monster replied to Davis's discussion Not receiving alerts for discussions I'm following
"Must be buggy."
4 hours ago
Carl Monster replied to Alan Robertson's discussion Getting Back into the habit of exercising. Any tips for getting back into the groove? (MUCH BETTER TITLE)
"Does this f3 charge 130 bucks a month for the pleasure of this camaraderie?"
5 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service