I've got a diver-style sport watch that came with a a black resin/rubber sport band. I'll be picking up a few NATO straps for it because I'm not crazy about the original band. I was also considering getting a band or strap that's a bit dessier or made out of leather. Yea or nay? Any suggestions?

Here are some examples:

Views: 484

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In January, I bought an Omega Seamaster Aqua-Terra >15,000 Gauss (this now the "Master Coaxial" movement, but the 2013 limited edition was marked as such) and it came with a steel bracelet.  In March, while on vacation in Nice, France, I stopped in the new Omega boutique there and bought a textured leather band with a folding clasp from an Omega DeVile dress watch.  I find that it really 'classed up' an engineer-centric sport watch, and since with my new job I have to wear a suit or at least slacks/shirt/tie most days, I think it was a good move.

The leather will definitely class it up, but don't if you have Submariner look-alike, Bond did rock a '57 sub with a NATO strap in the first couple of films.  You probably definitely want to ditch the rubber though.

RSS

Latest Activity

Elon Erani commented on thehuhman's group Men Over 50
"Art. That makes a lot of sense."
6 minutes ago
Leto Atreides II commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

Josh100LuBu - Such A Powerful Photo!

"I still think he's a class project from a freshman sociology class."
6 minutes ago
Carl Monster replied to Alan Robertson's discussion Getting Back into the habit of exercising. Any tips for getting back into the groove? (MUCH BETTER TITLE)
"It's a struggle, and yes, our kids come first. Maybe do a quick bodyweight session at home? Circuit training can kick your ass with some very simple movements."
8 minutes ago
Josh Allen commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

"I don't care about feedback, feedback does not make the champion. Its like waxing a Ford before a car show, sure its going to give it some shine but it will never be a Lexus."
9 minutes ago
Rick Shelton replied to Alan Robertson's discussion Getting Back into the habit of exercising. Any tips for getting back into the groove? (MUCH BETTER TITLE)
"Going to the gym was easier when Ayden was little, but now with homework, etc. I find it difficult to take an hour and a half from my schedule.  I know I have to fit something back in."
11 minutes ago
John Muir replied to Leto Atreides II's discussion Voter Fraud or "Calibration Error"? in the group The Great Debate
"Nobody puts Baby in a corner"
13 minutes ago
Rick Shelton commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

"Jack, I'm of the mind that he's just playing a joke and I'm just going along."
14 minutes ago
Carl Monster replied to Alan Robertson's discussion Getting Back into the habit of exercising. Any tips for getting back into the groove? (MUCH BETTER TITLE)
"That's why I started SLOWLY. For me it was a twenty minute gym visit twice a week. An occasional run. I gradually worked my schedule to what I do now. It took me years."
16 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service