Hello men,

I'm not sure if this has been covered on here, but I'm new, and would welcome any advice you may wish to offer. I'm a man of considerable girth (as my photo can attest). I've recently had some friends of mine tell me that I should stop tucking in my shirt, as this only makes me look fatter. However, I've also been told that leaving my shirt un-tucked just makes me look sloppy AND fat. I was wondering what the general consensus is. Also, if you have any weight loss advice, please feel free to offer your honest thoughts. Thanks!

dlb

Views: 717

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I say for now just tuck in your shirt and don't care about what anyone says to you. As for weight loss, you may want to consider becoming more of a vegetarian for 6 months. The only meat you should eat is fish, fish are rich in Omega which is essential for weight loss, so eat lots of fish. Drink a lot of water, I would say at least 3 liters per day. The most common reason of why it's hard to lose weight is excessive sodium levels which causes water retention in the body, so avoid using salt in your meals and NO dressings. Get dark chocolate and nuts to control your appetite at night, no late night bites. No fries, no fast food, no snacks unless they are fruits or seeds.

Nutrition is more important than workout, so you do want to make sure you get it right. You will be fine my friend. I have confidence you will reach this goal.

David,

Big man here too. Untucked= sloppy and fat. The only shirts I don't tuck in are t-shirts usually.

RSS

Latest Activity

Rick Shelton replied to Shane's discussion Secret Lives of Men in the group The Great Debate
"'Manliness is also undemocratic... unbearable in a democracy' I think that it may better said that inequality may prove unbearable (or rather un-natural) in life.  All men are not created equal, never have been and never will be, at…"
5 minutes ago
Leto Atreides II replied to Andrew's discussion How do you take your coffee? I prefer it black with a slice of butter in it.
"Interesting."
34 minutes ago
Tim Dienes replied to Andrew's discussion How do you take your coffee? I prefer it black with a slice of butter in it.
"I mix regular and decaf 2 to 1, and add a spoon of powdered creamer and some skim milk."
1 hour ago
Todd Heavner replied to Andrew's discussion How do you take your coffee? I prefer it black with a slice of butter in it.
"Blasphemer."
1 hour ago
Sean replied to Andrew's discussion How do you take your coffee? I prefer it black with a slice of butter in it.
"Coffee should be strong, fresh ground, fresh brewed, black, and flushed down the toilet. I love the smell but can't stand the taste. Tea is my drink."
1 hour ago
N. Vest replied to Tom Baker's discussion Masculinities and social class
"Thanks Joe "
7 hours ago
Chad commented on Stephen Larsen's group Banya Men!
"Stephen, yeah, it would be great to meet you."
7 hours ago
Pale Horse replied to Shane's discussion Secret Lives of Men in the group The Great Debate
"No need to apologize, Will. Yes, we are all damaged in that regard. But relative to other humans since then, not everyone is damaged (emotionally). She did mention boys having their instincts bridled. That's what I meant by the playing in the…"
8 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service