I enjoy reading and contributing to AoM.  But I find that every few minutes this site kicks my computer off of my home wifi.  This never happens unless I have AoM open.  If I close AoM my computer stays online and has no problems.  All other web sites work fine.  I am only having a problem with this site.

Does anyone have an idea why this happens or how I can fix it?

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, there's always plugging into a cable.

Unfortunately plugging in a cable is not an option.  In order to get internet here I have to use an Aircard.

It doesn't do it to me and I usually use WiFi.

I've seen that happen consistently on my wife's computer when she visits certain sites. She's running Windows Vista so I racked it up to that. Haven't found a fix for it yet and I can't reproduce the problem on either of my computers (one WinXP, oneWin7).

What are you doing when you get kicked offline?

It has only happened to me when I was doing less than manly things like waxing my toes or texting gossip to friends while watching real housewives.

Try to be a little more manly and see if the site will allow you to stay connected.

So how's your cell phone reception? 

Realistically, you've probably picked up a nasty little cybervirus somewhere and it's decided to mess with your AoM.  And sometimes the electronics just get plain buggy.  I have a PC that is marvelously unstable on some sites whenever I use IE for intenet access.

That's probably not a virus. It's mostly likely due to browser settings or browser plugins that are having a hard time with some of the features of the websites you're visiting. For example, if you have IE and Firefox and, when you visit a site that has Flash or Java features, IE crashes or hangs but Firefox doesn't, it's likely that there's a problem with your Flash or Java settings or plugins in IE but the ones in Firefox are fine.

If the problem is limited to one of your browsers, it's a browser-based problem. If the problem occures on all of your browsers, it's not a browser-based problem.

Latest Activity

terry sperling joined Sasha's group

A place to talk sheer utter nonsense. That way serious posts can have serious discussions. Feeling Snarky - post it here. Want to vent - let off some steam. However do please adhere to the rules of AoM.See More
14 minutes ago
terry sperling joined Specs's group

Non Superhero Comics and Graphic Novels.

I made this group for people that may be into comics and graphic novels that don't have super hero content.  Discuss your interest in indie, autobiography, horror, fantasy, etc comics that don't necessarily feature superhero content. Not hating on superhero comics.  This is just a group to explore the lesser known comics and graphic novels out there.See More
17 minutes ago
terry sperling joined Shaun Daws's group

Men in the Kitchen

This groups if for those men who love to cook. It's a place to discuss techniques, recipes and suggestions. Bon apetit!
18 minutes ago
terry sperling joined Craig's group

A place to discuss the sport so many of us love!!! Favorite teams, players, memorable games, manly outtings, and more!See More
19 minutes ago
Shane replied to Mongoose's discussion Thoughts on the Baltimore Ravens Cheerleader who Raped a 15 Year Old?
"Proper wedding?"
21 minutes ago
Vendetta replied to Mongoose's discussion Thoughts on the Baltimore Ravens Cheerleader who Raped a 15 Year Old?
"She should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. If we were talking about a 48 year old man and a 15 year old girl, there would be no question about what should be done."
24 minutes ago
Deniz Onut joined Shaun Daws's group

Man Skills

A group for sharing and discussing those amazing practical skills that every man aquires in an effort to make his world run the way he wants it to.
2 hours ago
Deniz Onut joined Henrique Vilhena's group

Dedicated to all those who crave to boldly go where no man has gone before! Discuss techniques and equipment, share your exploration stories or simply tell the tales of the great explorers of the past.
2 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service