This is more of a question for the war vets on here.  Is the digital camo fatigues the army uses now an improvement?  I heard that it breaks the outline better, but the one-pattern-fits all principle (except for the desert) makes it stick out more.  Is there really only one pattern?  Is it better than the splotches or tiger stripes?

Views: 276

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The MultiCam comes in different color patterns, if the DOD is smart than they won't buy just by one for all environments. 

Oh, thank goodness.

Doesn't matter.

During my decades of Army service I’ve gone through the old green fatigues, woodland pattern BDU (Battle Dress Uniform), two types of DCUs (Desert Camouflage Uniform, “chocolate chips” and “coffee stains”), winter white coveralls, ACU (Army Combat Uniform), and now the MultiCams.  The base camouflage uniform is just that: a base upon which to build layers of material from the local environment.  Some patterns are better suited for some environments than others, but no one pattern or color is suitable for everywhere or all seasons.  IMHO the current crop of digital uniforms are pretty much completely worthless for their advertised purpose “down range”, though the new MultiCams (which seem like smaller pattern woodland BDUs) work better than the God-awful ACUs in the mountain terrain of Afghanistan.  Night, snow, jungle, desert (every desert is different), forest (each season), grasslands, mountains, swamps, etc. all present widely different camo challenges.  The only hard rule of thumb is to layer local natural items on yourself and keep reapplying natural materials as you move through the terrain. I always preferred being covered in local dust, dirt, mud, and foliage whenever I was outside the wire - the CIF (Central Issue Facility) be damned upon turn-in.

RSS

Latest Activity

N. Vest updated their profile
1 hour ago
ms1232 posted a status
2 hours ago
ms1232 posted a status
2 hours ago
ms1232 posted a status
2 hours ago
ms1232 posted a status
2 hours ago
Jon Nic replied to Jack Bauer's discussion What'cha watchin'? Your manly entertainment recommendations, reviews and discussions ...
"Movie: Interstellar It will blow your mind. Also, hilarious. TV Show: Blue Bloods Not the best 'police procedural' show on TV these days, but I particularly appreciate the steadfastness of this show to highlight the right and honorable…"
2 hours ago
Jon Nic replied to Jon Nic's discussion Dead inspiration?
"I appreciate the reply! The biggest problem I have is with remembering to get back to the goals afterward!Starting small is what I'm working on right now, but what do you mean by "training zone"? "
3 hours ago
Rob replied to Chatmonkey's discussion Trying to breakout of my 'Mental Prison'
"G'day, mate! It sounds like you have some "shadow issues". You don't need a walk on the wild side, and, in fact, I strongly advise you NOT TO at least until you have resolved your shadow issues by reclaiming them. If you resolve…"
4 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service