This may be an unusual question, but I am getting my own apartment and I would like to decorate it medieval style, or if anyone ever played Elder Scrolls I want to mimic some of those rooms.

For example, I am looking into furniture and would really like something that's old fashioned and wooden. I think my only option is to visit an antique store.

I'm still having internet and a TV etc. but I would like to place to have that "medieval feel" if that makes sense.

My only guess to find those types of items would be from an antique shop, any ideas?

Views: 418

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

German castles had some amazingly ergonomic and generally over engineered toilets.   Just don;t be the downstairs tenant. 

That's what the moat is for; adding insult to injury. 

Yeah like, "Don't hang your junk".

Cool idea! You rent or own? Because if you rent say farewell to your security deposit.

First, have the electric, gas and water turned off; you wont' need those. Furnish the room with rough-sawn boards and pallets, saw horses etc. In the middle of the room (hope you are in a one story dwelling) cut a large hole in the ceiling to the outside. Build a firepit below; this will be your new hearth. You'll have a fire going 24/7 to provide you with heat and hot water and cooking.

Use the floor as your trash can; all scraps not eaten by your dogs will just lie there. In a corner hang your meats to dry. Sprinkle fresh hay and herbs every so often to refresh your floor, never clean it out. You'll sleep in a pile of furs and rags on a pallet by the fire. Your walls will soon turn a delightful sooty grey with time, and you'll get to watch the snow fall gently through the hole in your roof to hiss on the fire; very romantic.

Your dates will be so surprised when you bring them to see your digs!

RSS

Latest Activity

Duke Braeden the Lionhearted replied to Joshua Wolf's discussion Fraternal orders for young men?
"Historical reenacting, especially medieval might be up your alley"
1 minute ago
Joshua Wolf replied to Joshua Wolf's discussion Fraternal orders for young men?
"The focus is on personal development and community building "
4 minutes ago
Joshua Wolf replied to Joshua Wolf's discussion Fraternal orders for young men?
"Hey Shane, I believe your right as much as a group of people who have an interest in old timey stuff. What I am going for here is more of a shift to a less virtual and tech based world, giving young men a break from this and hopefully a new-found…"
7 minutes ago
Upside down bloke updated their profile
9 minutes ago
Doug Casey replied to Lorenzo Von Matterhorn's discussion what is the best whisky for men?
"I like The Balvenie DoubleWood Scotch myself. It is quite wonderful!"
16 minutes ago
Will replied to Joshua Wolf's discussion Fraternal orders for young men?
"We repeatedly see something like this proposed (but not with the back-to-the-land skills component).  I think it's a combination of factors: * Not knowing much about existing fraternal orders * Being intimidated by these old guys I…"
24 minutes ago
Tony Wolf replied to Joshua Wolf's discussion Fraternal orders for young men?
"Sounds to me like he's proposing something more like an Art of Manliness meetup group, which might appeal more to younger guys than, say, the Rotarians."
29 minutes ago
Will replied to Joshua Wolf's discussion Fraternal orders for young men?
"What a gift you'd be to them!  And they to you."
30 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service