This may be an unusual question, but I am getting my own apartment and I would like to decorate it medieval style, or if anyone ever played Elder Scrolls I want to mimic some of those rooms.

For example, I am looking into furniture and would really like something that's old fashioned and wooden. I think my only option is to visit an antique store.

I'm still having internet and a TV etc. but I would like to place to have that "medieval feel" if that makes sense.

My only guess to find those types of items would be from an antique shop, any ideas?

Views: 385

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why? Do you hate getting laid?

Over in one. Good job!

"Over in one. Good job!"

Thanks. I try. 

But he may be into all that dungeons, whips, and chains type of thing and I'm sure there are women out there that would be happy to oblige his predilections in that direction, he would need to learn to call them "Mistress" though.

Just find a girl that's into chains and dungeons.  She could be the only soft place to land in the whole place.

Weird idea.   But, I've heard weirder, I guess.  There was a couple on some reality show my wife watched that lived like pirates.

I vote for 'build it yourself'.

JB

She may like the whips as well though but he may be into that.

It's easier to find a woman who's into BDSM than a woman who wants to live in Middle Ages RPG larper decor 24/7/365. 

Maybe someone on this site could help you out. http://www.medievalacademy.org/

George

Great idea!

One option is to make some furniture yourself. Home Depot will cut boards to size for a table top and you can use pieces of wood as legs and fit it all together with wood screws. Same with chairs or stools. It all depends on how handy you are.

Once you have the furniture, you can stain it with a nice wood stain, then decorate it by stenciling or with metal stamps, or leave it simple and beat it up a bit with a length of heavy duty chain for a real Viking/medieval effect. Then varnish it or leave it unvarnished.

If you're not the handyman type, unfinished wood stores will often make simple furniture to your specs.

Here's a Pinterest page to show some ideas: Medieval furniture & woodworking

Some good ideas come up with a simple Google search for "Skyrim furniture images"

This sort of thing can be a bit spartan, so to add a bit of comfort you can buy medieval style cushions like these at Pier One. They also have rugs and bedcovers with geometric patterns - very evocative of medieval times.

Furniture?  Make your own.  Distress it and stain it dark.  Use primary colors or at most 2nd colors.

Pinterest it

RSS

Latest Activity

ShirtlessGeorge commented on Ian Wilson's group Out to Build Bridges
"I used to consider myself bisexual, once told a friend that, but in recent years I started accepting the truth"
18 minutes ago
David Xtra replied to David Xtra's discussion A "Holster" for a Phablet? in the group Man Bags
"A European shoulder bag could work, but I'm looking for something without a luggage tag. No flaps, or zippers. Just a holster, for one hand use.   Do you have an over-sized phone?  How do you carry it?"
18 minutes ago
Mike S. replied to Kit's discussion Whats your hangover cure?
" Shin Ramyun and Gatorade do it for me. As for pain meds, it should be noted you can seriously damage your stomach or liver when mixing them with alcohol, even next morning."
21 minutes ago
Native Son replied to David Xtra's discussion A "Holster" for a Phablet? in the group Man Bags
"That'sopne! (rimshot)"
41 minutes ago
Profile IconNative Son, John Lee Pettimore and 2 other members joined Ryan's group
Thumbnail

Man Bags

Will your Grandkids fight over your leather bag when you're dead? Do people stop you to ask where you got your bag? This group is for people who love their bags, want leather maintenance tips or just want to share their personal bag story.See More
41 minutes ago
Native Son replied to Andrew's discussion What Happened to Communication, Face-to-Face?
"I KNOW we're there."
43 minutes ago
Native Son replied to Andrew's discussion What Happened to Communication, Face-to-Face?
"A second thought.  Your mot about clutching books to one's bosom isn't that far off.  TR was saved from serious injury when a bullet got mostly stopped by the folded up speech in his inside coat pocket."
44 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to David Johns's discussion Toilet seat
"Germans have the best insults ... http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sitzpinkler JB"
44 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service