Could someone briefly explain Ayn Rand's philosophy; objectivism?

I've read "Atlas Shrugged" and would like to attempt "The Fountainhead" soon, but before I do I would like a better understanding of what Objectivism is. Could someone briefly describe the main tenets of that philosophy?

Views: 1483

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm a little late to this conversation, obviously, but I respect Rand and agree with her main points.

So how are you liking "The Fountainhead," Stephen?

I finished it. Its great! Not as good as Atlas Shrugged, but I enjoyed it all the same

Cool. I liked The Fountainhead a little better because it focused more one one character. But Atlas Shrugged went a lot deeper and I liked the mystery aspect.

RSS

Latest Activity

Rick Shelton replied to David F.'s discussion Civilization Restart Garden
"That would be cool Carl."
5 minutes ago
Rick Shelton replied to Jack Bauer's discussion What'cha watchin'? Your manly entertainment recommendations, reviews and discussions ...
"Why do you still play it?  Is that the only game you've been able to 'beat'?  It's almost two decades old, just look at the characters.  Oh, wait I see it now the redhead is quite stacked, I understand now."
7 minutes ago
Rafael updated their profile
7 minutes ago
Penelope replied to David F.'s discussion Civilization Restart Garden
"People milled their own wheat in the 50s? And, again, what's the goal, and what's the time table?  We can pound the kernels mortar and pestle style the first x years while experimenting with bigger mills."
9 minutes ago
Rick Shelton replied to Jack Bauer's discussion What'cha watchin'? Your manly entertainment recommendations, reviews and discussions ...
"Then why the hell do you keep poking the bear?"
9 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Jack Bauer's discussion What'cha watchin'? Your manly entertainment recommendations, reviews and discussions ...
"I doubt it.  But, I wasn't talking about you.  You wondered why I don't post documents.  I answered.  It's just paper.   JB"
9 minutes ago
Paul_of_TX replied to John Muir's discussion Our Obligation As Men To Be Vigilant In Adressing Threats To Public Safety
"But do you have any actual proof that people are moving out of Illinois? They also lost a seat in the House last year but that is totally not based on anything associated with population."
12 minutes ago
Rafael left a comment for Brett McKay
"Hi Brett,My apologies if this is the wrong section to ask - but I recently paid the nominal book club fee, yet still can't enter the section. Can you please point to me to how I can fix this?Many thanks,Rafe"
14 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service