Could someone briefly explain Ayn Rand's philosophy; objectivism?

I've read "Atlas Shrugged" and would like to attempt "The Fountainhead" soon, but before I do I would like a better understanding of what Objectivism is. Could someone briefly describe the main tenets of that philosophy?

Views: 1397

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm a little late to this conversation, obviously, but I respect Rand and agree with her main points.

So how are you liking "The Fountainhead," Stephen?

I finished it. Its great! Not as good as Atlas Shrugged, but I enjoyed it all the same

Cool. I liked The Fountainhead a little better because it focused more one one character. But Atlas Shrugged went a lot deeper and I liked the mystery aspect.

RSS

Latest Activity

Brown Fox replied to David the C's discussion From Down Under
"Welcome Dave! You are a true Renaissance man. I'm sure you can find resources here to make the rest of your life as fulfilling as you wish."
4 minutes ago
Nathanael replied to Andreias's discussion Gender Identity vs Gender Expression Or How I Figured Out People Have NO Idea What Masculinity Is
"I'm trying to draw out an apparent contradiction in the OP's thought, not to offer my own thoughts on ontology and the social construction of identity. On the one hand, OP seemed to very much dislike it when masculinity was dismissed by…"
8 minutes ago
Brown Fox replied to David Johns's discussion Males insecurity?
"P.S. I could rant on this topic for a good long time."
8 minutes ago
Brown Fox replied to David Johns's discussion Males insecurity?
"I think boys middle school age need to go through an 'ordeal" and have a rite of ceremony so they can feel like men and not act like dicks. This is the Readers Digest abridged version of my thoughts, having been a middle school…"
11 minutes ago
Adam Parker posted photos
17 minutes ago
Ian Brett Cooper replied to David Johns's discussion Males insecurity?
"I have a daughter and I loathe pink just because I think it's a nasty color. When I used to  look for clothes to buy for my daughter when she was younger (age 0-8) there basically was nothing that was not pink or purple, so I bought her a…"
17 minutes ago
Pale Horse commented on Adam Parker's photo
Thumbnail

"Beautiful! Where was this taken?"
20 minutes ago
Pale Horse commented on Josh Allen's photo
Thumbnail

I Radiate Success

"Will, I believe the word is supercilious."
22 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service