Could someone briefly explain Ayn Rand's philosophy; objectivism?

I've read "Atlas Shrugged" and would like to attempt "The Fountainhead" soon, but before I do I would like a better understanding of what Objectivism is. Could someone briefly describe the main tenets of that philosophy?

Views: 1402

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm a little late to this conversation, obviously, but I respect Rand and agree with her main points.

So how are you liking "The Fountainhead," Stephen?

I finished it. Its great! Not as good as Atlas Shrugged, but I enjoyed it all the same

Cool. I liked The Fountainhead a little better because it focused more one one character. But Atlas Shrugged went a lot deeper and I liked the mystery aspect.

RSS

Latest Activity

Max posted a video

Saddleback Mountain Appalachian trail 7/26/14

4,121 feet. It's hard to tell how high it is because the ridge itself makes it hard to see directly down
6 minutes ago
Greg Stavinoha joined Raj's group
Thumbnail

History Buffs

A place for history buffs to discuss historical issues and expand the knowledge of our past. Whether your into US history, European history, African history, or any other, come join us!See More
10 minutes ago
Greg Stavinoha joined Kevin's group
Thumbnail

The Bourbon society

The place for bourbon drinkers to congregate.
13 minutes ago
Greg Stavinoha joined Andrew LaBrador's group
Thumbnail

Pipe & Co

A place to discuss the return of the pipe and the world of pipe smoking.See More
14 minutes ago
Greg Stavinoha joined Uncle Rev's group
Thumbnail

BBQ Pit Masters

The perfect place for pit masters, far and wide, to come share tips, techniques, recipes, and pretty much anything BBQ and Grilling Related.
17 minutes ago
Jeffrey Fennell joined Carlos Lemus's group
Thumbnail

Book Group

This is a group for all those of us who enjoy a good book. In this group you can submit reviews, start discussions on specific books, or simply share what you're reading.
18 minutes ago
Greg Stavinoha joined Shane Belin's group
Thumbnail

Men of Science

Men of Science is a group for students, teachers, and admirers of science and exploration.See More
26 minutes ago
Josh Allen commented on Pale Horse's photo
Thumbnail

My Grandfather's Birthplace

"A nice little place. "
27 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service