Could someone briefly explain Ayn Rand's philosophy; objectivism?

I've read "Atlas Shrugged" and would like to attempt "The Fountainhead" soon, but before I do I would like a better understanding of what Objectivism is. Could someone briefly describe the main tenets of that philosophy?

Views: 1555

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm a little late to this conversation, obviously, but I respect Rand and agree with her main points.

So how are you liking "The Fountainhead," Stephen?

I finished it. Its great! Not as good as Atlas Shrugged, but I enjoyed it all the same

Cool. I liked The Fountainhead a little better because it focused more one one character. But Atlas Shrugged went a lot deeper and I liked the mystery aspect.

RSS

Latest Activity

Cthulhu's Revenge replied to Andrew's discussion How do you take your coffee? I prefer it black with a slice of butter in it.
"White, 1 sugar. "
1 minute ago
Rick Shelton replied to Vytautas's discussion What Do We Learn From History?
"I am NOT emotional!!!!!!!!!!! LOL"
6 minutes ago
Josh100LuBu posted a photo
16 minutes ago
Shane replied to Vytautas's discussion What Do We Learn From History?
"There is no saving grace for Common Core. But, there's more than enough blame to go along without dropping it on the Feds who have nothing to do with it."
23 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Vytautas's discussion What Do We Learn From History?
"The feds ought to stay out of it entirely.  Federal money is federal control ... and they used it to pull States into a 'recommended' program many probably wouldn't've signed-up for otherwise. The saving grace of Common…"
44 minutes ago
"Which one, Erhan? I have several thoughts in there."
53 minutes ago
Rusty Rogers commented on Rusty Rogers's photo
Thumbnail

Week27

"Yeah, anxiety disorder really sucks. I have many students with it. That is not really my issue, and I have a decent personality and talk well with people. I am able to strike up conversations with strangers. Thanks, Todd. And I am very insecure with…"
57 minutes ago
"Since Rick's brain is apparently on emotional overload mode and gone to shit today, I'll try you. Common Core is a State based initiative, endorsed by the Feds, but not mandated."
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service