Who would be interested in starting a Fight Club in the Central Michigan area after reading How To Start a Fight Club?

I live in Midland, MI and would love to find a few guys who would be willing to give this a go! I'd be glad to host if others wouldn't mind using my backyard, as I don't have a garage. I was a martial arts instructor for 10 years and also have some experience in boxing, wrestling, and MMA and would be willing to provide some basic instruction.

If anyone is interested, please leave a comment or send me an email! kevinccawley@gmail.com

Tags: Central, Club, Fight, MI, Midland

Views: 149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jim,

I gave up on the fight club, for now. Started doing Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength program at Smitty's Iron Works, here in Midland. Good to see another AoM member from Midland!

The fight club would have been fun, but I've since found out that an old buddy of mine opened up a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu school in Saginaw. Once I get some of my old strength back, I may consider giving BJJ a shot.

However, I'm 31 and married with 2 kids, so have to keep this in mind. My daughter just turned 5 and started kindergarten this week, plus I'm coaching her in soccer, so my time is stretched fairly thin these days!

I've only been in the area for 5 years or so, I actually grew up in Holland, just west of Grand Rapids. Ended up wrestling with (and against) some very talented guys who started much younger than I did!

How old are you, Jim? It's been tough finding like-minded guys in Midland, especially with the commute and other obligations!

RSS

Latest Activity

Jacob Hopp replied to Jacob Bauer's discussion Hair loss?
"If it just freckle than no need to worry, they literally show up anywhere. But hair loss is the main concern to be worry. Hair loss is caused by many reasons such as malnutrition, illness, tension and other health problems. Take some tips to…"
19 minutes ago
Saxon replied to Jay Maxwell's discussion post your suit and discuss those of others in the group Suits
"Yes indeed. They know how to balance fitting with that little room to move. It fits really nice. As for chest and shoulders: One thing, though, is that I pulled my shoulders slightly back when measuring, which means the suit is the perfect fit…"
33 minutes ago
Jacob Hopp replied to Alberto's discussion Push-ups
"I don't think there is any fast way to increase the count of your push ups. me to follow your same steps as you do.."
37 minutes ago
Christian Schmidt posted a discussion

The Word "Manly" Is A Burden

When it comes to manliness, things aren't going as smooth as they once did. Speaking of which, I was born and raised in a time when manliness was already on it's way down, masculinity wasn't exactly the thing we were told to strive to, no tough guys were needed and girls felt the need to be in charge more and more.Now that we are returning to a more traditional point of view, I find it interesting to see many men in their twenties to seek things that are 'manly' while avoiding anything…See More
39 minutes ago
Jacob Hopp replied to Jonathan's discussion Getting into the habit of exercise
"what you find complicated in exercise sheet...?"
52 minutes ago
Jacob Hopp replied to David Henry's discussion Manly Cold and flu remedys
"Go only with the hot beverages ......."
54 minutes ago
Jacob Hopp replied to Jason Sperling's discussion Snappy Dressing
"Why not you go with the cool black blazer..... It will be looking cool."
56 minutes ago
Wally updated their profile
57 minutes ago