Who would be interested in starting a Fight Club in the Central Michigan area after reading How To Start a Fight Club?

I live in Midland, MI and would love to find a few guys who would be willing to give this a go! I'd be glad to host if others wouldn't mind using my backyard, as I don't have a garage. I was a martial arts instructor for 10 years and also have some experience in boxing, wrestling, and MMA and would be willing to provide some basic instruction.

If anyone is interested, please leave a comment or send me an email! kevinccawley@gmail.com

Tags: Central, Club, Fight, MI, Midland

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jim,

I gave up on the fight club, for now. Started doing Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength program at Smitty's Iron Works, here in Midland. Good to see another AoM member from Midland!

The fight club would have been fun, but I've since found out that an old buddy of mine opened up a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu school in Saginaw. Once I get some of my old strength back, I may consider giving BJJ a shot.

However, I'm 31 and married with 2 kids, so have to keep this in mind. My daughter just turned 5 and started kindergarten this week, plus I'm coaching her in soccer, so my time is stretched fairly thin these days!

I've only been in the area for 5 years or so, I actually grew up in Holland, just west of Grand Rapids. Ended up wrestling with (and against) some very talented guys who started much younger than I did!

How old are you, Jim? It's been tough finding like-minded guys in Midland, especially with the commute and other obligations!

RSS

Latest Activity

Rick Shelton replied to Michael Nuta's discussion Blazer question?
"Velvet? Pass."
21 seconds ago
Profile Iconronald m. harris, Mickey Torrcache, Sebastien Florent and 33 more joined Art of Manliness
42 seconds ago
Rick Shelton replied to Hannah Carroll's discussion Whiskey Trouble
"Thank you both."
51 seconds ago
Rick Shelton replied to Chu Kim's discussion Slavery is Awesome
"Slavery is awesome..... It's really cool if you're part of a gang... Slavery is awesoooommmeee...... It's like living in a dreammmmm......... (Sung to the music of "Everything is Awesome" from the Disney "The Lego…"
2 minutes ago
Carl Monster replied to Hannah Carroll's discussion Whiskey Trouble
"I hear it pronounced as la frohgh here."
4 minutes ago
Regular Joe replied to Hannah Carroll's discussion Whiskey Trouble
"The British guy who made me try it pronounced it la frag."
6 minutes ago
Rick Shelton replied to Hannah Carroll's discussion Whiskey Trouble
"How do you pronounce that?"
8 minutes ago
Rick Shelton replied to Regular Joe's discussion Question Re: Boosting / Jump Starting A Car
"probably not a fuel problem then.  Check the electrical first, it fits the symptoms you've mentioned. The thing about troubleshooting cars, and well anything, is that you start at the simplest, least expensive, and easiest to do things…"
9 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service