I've got these awesome holes in the ceiling from electrical work done earlier.  Idk even where to look in the yellow pages.  What kind of repairman deals with this sort of thing?   No way can I do this and make it look good.

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A drywall guy

It's not that hard, but the learning curve is long so it depends on how much time you want to spend on it. Shouldn't be too expensive


The electrical guy didn't fix it?

If you want to do it yourself, I recommend reading up on it in The Old-House Journal.  You can look up any topic in their index and find just about anything dealing with repairs of an old house.

However, if you prefer to hire someone, I would not hire an electrician to repair holes in plasterwork because their job is to make the holes, not fix them,  Instead, if the ceiling is genuine plaster, as it appears to be in the photo, then you need to find a plasterer/dry wall man who has experience working in plaster repairs.  Not everyone does. 


© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service