Hey everyone,

I've been thinking about buying a pair of casual leather shoes/boots. (most likely brown)  It's hard for me to explain what I want but I think that this community already knows what it is I'm talking about.  I'm thinking of shoes that were more common in the 50's and 60's.  If they are shoes I'd prefer laces but buckles will work and if they're boots I don't want them to be heavy duty work boots but more like the semi-cowboy boot ones.  I want whatever I buy to work with a more upscale casual dress as well as jeans and a tshirt 'bumming around' clothes.

Now with that shoddy description I welcome comments that will lead me in the right direction towards QUALITY shoes.  I know it's hard to avoid the chinese and korean manufactured shoes, (and I will buy them if I have to) but I really want something with solid threadwork etc.  Anyway if you all know of a good website or a location in or around Richmond, VA I'd appreciate help because as of yet I can't think of anywhere other than the strip malls around here, which will, without a doubt, not have what I'm looking for.  In the end if I have a good looking shoe that will last a couple years I'll be happy.

Thanks for reading my long and not-so-helpful post,

Michael

Tags: Shoes, boots, leather

Views: 252

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you mean Chelseas?
Chelseas or Blundstones seem to be a good choice today. I'm seeing more and more of them around, thinking about picking up a pair myself. The everyday boots I have right now are synthetic and not real leather (unfortunately) but quite comfortable.
I wasn't really talking about these although after checking them out I may have to pick up a pair. They seem 'easy,' for lack of a better word.
Yeah, easy to wear and the good quality ones actually look nice as well and not as casual as you would think at first glance.
Join the A Good Boot group, lots of discussion and recommendations there for all sorts of boots, or even just read some of their threads. Myself for a smart looking but sort of casual walking around boot I like the various styles of "motorcycle boots." I'm particularly fond of the engineer myself. Get a pair in good quality boot leather and you'll need to replace the soles a few times in your life but the boot itself will probably outlive you.
In the Richmond area, you might want to check out these places:

Saxon Shoes Inc. at Short Pump Town Center

Myrna's Boots'n'Bits (a Western & English riding store with a decent boot selection) - 1112 Carmia Way, Richmond, VA
I knew about Saxon but not the boot store. It seems enticing. I'll definitely have to check it out.

RSS

Latest Activity

Paul Hanks joined Ryan Scott's group
Thumbnail

Civil War

This group is for everyone interested in the American Civil War.
12 minutes ago
Paul Hanks joined Sean F. Glass's group
Thumbnail

Classical Music

A place to share, discuss, and generally enjoy classical music of all kinds.
15 minutes ago
Paul Hanks joined Fred Winslow's group
Thumbnail

Men with glasses

This is a group for men with glasses. Men of today shouldn't wear contact lenses but real manly glasses!
23 minutes ago
Paul Hanks joined t-train's group
Thumbnail

Armchair Generals

A group for men who are interested in military history, or anything militaria.  Discuss armies of the past, great leaders, strategy, weapons, etc.See More
25 minutes ago
Wilfried Streicher updated their profile
28 minutes ago
Paul Hanks joined Raj's group
Thumbnail

History Buffs

A place for history buffs to discuss historical issues and expand the knowledge of our past. Whether your into US history, European history, African history, or any other, come join us!See More
29 minutes ago
Paul Hanks joined Mark's group
Thumbnail

Spaceflight Fanatics

Calling all space cadets, rocket men, and pioneers on the final frontier! Discuss NASA, ESA, JAXA, Military spaceflight, commercial spaceflight, and private spaceflight. Any and all spaceflight discussion here, past, current, and future!
31 minutes ago
Aidan Campbell-Wilkins posted a discussion

Got my hair trimmed, need help on styling.

Hey guys,Got my hair trimmed today and I've been having a hard time figuring out a style for it. Ya think any of you would be willing to give me some help on a style or if I should go back and get it cut for a style? Thanks.…See More
35 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service