Can I Get Your Opinion on Something ... Is Gardening Manly?

I was thinking about gardening and how I think it would be better on so many levels if more men did it in today's world. It kind of seems like "gardening" is feminine and "farming" is masculine.

I have a website where we create online gardening course called Organic Life Guru. The majority of our instructors are men (Check out the bottom of the homepage to see what I mean) and the majority of our online gardening courses customers are women.

What's your take on this?

Can gardening be manly?

Tags: gardening, permaculture

Views: 1923

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I imagine there are some nancies who garden and some manly men who garden.

Therefore, the answer is doing gardening doesn't make one manly or non-manly.

Is Gardening Manly? it's growing plants ,nothing more . woman do it and so do men and kids. nothing more or less.

Stewardship is the most manly skill of all... You should see my yard... One look will tell you Mother Nature is my bitch:)

Itt's manly when you grow things to eat, like a farmer

Nothing like feeling the fresh tilled earth in your hands and watching the fruits of your labors grow almost daily.  Nothing like not having to go to the grocery store to buy fresh fruits and vegetables for your family.  Manliness=Creating and gardening is the creation of life.

RSS

Latest Activity

Sumner25 replied to Sumner25's discussion Exercise for bad disk in the group Exercise
"Thanks, this looks great. I'll give them a try."
1 hour ago
Shane replied to Sumner25's discussion Exercise for bad disk in the group Exercise
"Dr. Stuart McGill's Big Three."
2 hours ago
Sumner25 added a discussion to the group Exercise
Thumbnail

Exercise for bad disk

Hi, there,I have what I believe is a stressed disk in my lower back. It is aggravated by lifting up straight in front. Carrying boxes, picking up things from the floor, and similar motions are anywhere from challenging to impossible when it is acting up. Anybody have suggestions for a workout regimen to strengthen my core without stressing my spine? Burpees, for example, seem to make things worse. I think a stronger core would take some of the load from my spine and keep the pain to a…See More
2 hours ago
Profile IconSumner25, David Varella and Bear77 joined Steven C.'s group
Thumbnail

Exercise

Exercise is a crucial part of maintaining a manly physique. Join up to share ideas, get support and discuss plans with other men.See More
3 hours ago
Bearwolf joined Matthew Robertson's group
Thumbnail

Traditional Catholic Men

This is a group for traditional Catholic men to share their experiences, ask questions and help each other keep the faith.
3 hours ago
Chatmonkey replied to Chatmonkey's discussion Young 'boy', Looking for guidance.
"You are exactly right Ge. Despite my cheap living conditions currently, living expense is something that I have in the past made the mistake of indulging in as I tell myself 'i'll eventually have enough to cover it'. I always want to…"
5 hours ago
Gentleman Engineer replied to Chatmonkey's discussion Young 'boy', Looking for guidance.
"One would likely discern the expenses of residence within Toronto to exceed that of Regina."
5 hours ago
Pale Horse replied to Pope Paul's discussion 10 Rules to Being a Gentleman in 2015
"Yes."
5 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service