Can I Get Your Opinion on Something ... Is Gardening Manly?

I was thinking about gardening and how I think it would be better on so many levels if more men did it in today's world. It kind of seems like "gardening" is feminine and "farming" is masculine.

I have a website where we create online gardening course called Organic Life Guru. The majority of our instructors are men (Check out the bottom of the homepage to see what I mean) and the majority of our online gardening courses customers are women.

What's your take on this?

Can gardening be manly?

Tags: gardening, permaculture

Views: 1907

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I imagine there are some nancies who garden and some manly men who garden.

Therefore, the answer is doing gardening doesn't make one manly or non-manly.

Is Gardening Manly? it's growing plants ,nothing more . woman do it and so do men and kids. nothing more or less.

Stewardship is the most manly skill of all... You should see my yard... One look will tell you Mother Nature is my bitch:)

Itt's manly when you grow things to eat, like a farmer

Nothing like feeling the fresh tilled earth in your hands and watching the fruits of your labors grow almost daily.  Nothing like not having to go to the grocery store to buy fresh fruits and vegetables for your family.  Manliness=Creating and gardening is the creation of life.

RSS

Latest Activity

Christian posted a discussion

20 year old looking for advice from you "white collar" gents.....is the money worth it?

This has always been the area I've struggled with most in my life....finding out what to do for a career. I've never had a passion for one specific thing. There isn't one job that seems to "stick out" over the others. I'm kind of in every direction when it comes to choosing careers. One day I'll think welder, the next it's logistics, the next it's cyber security. At 20 years old this feeling of uncertainty is not where I want to be, so I'm really trying to figure out not just what I want to do…See More
31 minutes ago
Carl Monster replied to Hannah Carroll's discussion Rows and Bros- The Manly Art of Knitting??
"Ah, to be young and able to piss away time like that. "
32 minutes ago
Daniel C. Powell commented on Simon O'M's group Police - The Thin Blue Line
"Very Glad to see some activity here on the page and thanks for joining Daniel!"
1 hour ago
Kevin Collier commented on Simon O'M's group Police - The Thin Blue Line
"Daniel, remember the Menard Correctional Center Golden Rule: "Do it to them before they can do it to you.""
1 hour ago
Dann Anthony replied to Dann Anthony's discussion Heavy diagnosis - looking for manly advice.
"Thank you Michael - knew I could count on the good guys in here. With luck, nothing like this will ever touch your family."
3 hours ago
Rusty Rogers posted a photo

Week27

Progress Since started gym
3 hours ago
Michael D. Denny replied to Dann Anthony's discussion Heavy diagnosis - looking for manly advice.
"I honestly have nothing to offer that has not already been said, as I've never been where you are. But with your permission, I will pray for you and your family.  Be strong, never, ever give up. Not for a second."
3 hours ago
Jay D replied to Jeffrey P. Blaney's discussion Spats - Acceptable or totally out of style?
"Just no."
4 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service