G'afternoon men-

So one common request I get from readers of the main site is to provide an Art of Manliness podcast. I'd like some input from you all because I trust your opinion.

What would you like to listen to on an AoM podcast? Man tips? Interviews with certain people? Highlights of from the comments and community? In depth discussion about different issues facing men (marriage, career, family law, pop culture)?

How long do you think the podcast should be? I'm thinking no longer than 30 minutes.

Any other input would be helpful.

Thanks

Views: 211

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Interviews would be cool. Oh, and I agree. No longer than 30 minutes.
$.02

I agree with 30 minutes being the max. Interviews from a wide range of disciplines wold be interesting.
Uh, With "wold" I intentionally used the Olde English version of "would". Yep
I think interviews would be pretty cool.
Start with 15 minute segments and go from there, 30 minutes should be the cap as you will lose people past that. Interviews, maybe "manly polls" of the week, sports round up, must read books, "must visit web site of the week".
Looking forward to the podcasts. Listening to hmm....how about stories of great men? Or stories of men in the community (and how they define themselves as men), kind of like testimonials or something like that.
Interviews work well as podcasts and generally, if edited successfully, give a better sense of the person than the written word.

I would actually go slightly shorter ... 15 to 20 minutes, as a general guide.
I would be enthusiastic about a podcast. Interviews and discussions would be great. 30 minutes is a good length but if it were a particularly meaty discussion an hour might be necessary.
My wife and I have listened to a marital/religious/family life podcast before. The segments were 10-20 minutes long. The topic of each podcast was pretty specific and they were indexed and cross referenced. I would enjoy that more than a long, wide ranging cast.
It was called "two edge talk" I think.
Yes. Please do this. I listen to quite a few podcasts and I'm always looking for new ones. I think interviews would be good. You could possibly incorporate the ones you do for the "So you want my job" articles. Also if you have another person to co-host with I think that would help a lot. You would be able to actually discuss topics. Also, I think listener feedback is a good thing to include.

I think that 20-30 minutes is a good starting point. Who knows, with multiple segments and a potential co-host you may find that it could go even longer.

You may want to check out the Relevant Magazine Podcast. They do a great job of moving from segment to segment and keeping it fresh. They usually run 45-60 min. and always keep my attention. It might be worth a listen to get format ideas.
Seconding the "So you want my job" idea - maybe an extended version of the web article. Also, some practical how-to's would be interesting, and maybe short stories or poetry as well. I like the Manvotionals section; I'd love to hear it spoken!

RSS

Latest Activity

Clinton R. Ausmus replied to Michael Pascoe's discussion Bay Rum aftershave recommendations in the group Real Shaving
"Krampert's Finest Bay Rum http://www.krampertsfinest.com/?page=home"
1 minute ago
Regular Joe replied to John Muir's discussion Bulk Shopping For Staples
"He looks online to find out where the cheapest gas is and then does the math to factor in the cost of driving to and from the various stations to fill up and then makes a grand announcement on where we should fill up each week. ;)"
7 minutes ago
"My father in law is a frugal (literal) mathematician. Shopping with him is awesome. "
8 minutes ago
Native Son replied to Andrew D, USA Ret's discussion Militias, politics, anti-2nd amendment hysteria and the Bundy issue in the group The Great Debate
"Since some on this thread love splitting hairs, it actually was Nevada ceding any claim to federally owned public lands and it happened 150 years ago.  "
9 minutes ago
"I bought one of the sampler packs for men and one for women. Dorco said each pack would last at least a year. I'm at a year and almost three months now and still have plenty of blades and disposables from that same pack. So, for more or less…"
10 minutes ago
Elliott George replied to Noah's discussion People that inspired me: Chuck Ragan and Ken Casey
"I am really inspired by Peter Mattheissen. He was a Zen Master, writer, and environmentalist. I first read his book about the Everglades, _Shadows Country_, and my mind was blown by how much research he did and how incredibly well-written it…"
11 minutes ago
"There are loads of variations. This is just my humble opinion but I feel like the Lebanese do it best. If you can get a Lebanese recipe, give it a shot.  And you're right; it's less about the ingredients and more about the sequence,…"
12 minutes ago
John Muir replied to Andrew D, USA Ret's discussion Militias, politics, anti-2nd amendment hysteria and the Bundy issue in the group The Great Debate
"Well, I'd just hate for anyone to think that dude Bundy riding around on a horse waving an American Flag, saying he doesn't recognize the federal government the flag symbolizes couldn't buy  cheap, high quality federally…"
12 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service