Hi all,

A little over a year ago, I decided was the right time for me to get a reptile. I'd wanted one for years before, but since I moved out of my mothers home and got a place with my girlfriend, I thought that was the right time.

I did lots of research to find out what animal would be best for me and every other implications a pet like this would have, and I've never looked back. Infact, i'm now about to purchase a new lizard. I've had two Bearded Dragons, and now i'll be getting an Australian Water Dragon, possibly a snake eventually.

So what do you have?

Views: 202

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That was comic genius. 

Yes, Bravo!

I've now had my Australian Water Dragon for a couple days, he's a very inquisitive guy! very nervous as to be expected of a juvenile, but i'll gradually start trying to tame him and work towards regular handling after he's used to me.

They are so rare in the UK so if I ever see a female for sale, I will try my hand at breeding as all reptile shops around me say they get maybe one every year.

My understanding is that licensing in the U.K. for herps can be a beeyatch and a half. 

We have two Leopard  Geckos. One High Yellow and the other one is an Albino. Really fascinating to watch, especially when its feeding time...Been tempted to buy a bearded dragon and may well do so in the future.

I had a California King Snake and an Albino Corn Snake for years and just recently gave them away. But LOVED having them and wouldn't mind getting snakes again someday. Very cool pets to have.

I used to have a snake (a California King Snake, about 5 years old when she had to go), but it got loose in my apartment. She was AWOL for 6 months, and we assumed she had died or escaped into the outside world. My fiancé (who is mortally afraid of snakes) found her when Nagini decided to make her grand reappearance in the bathroom, as Melanie was getting out of the shower. She was quickly given to a friend with room for another pet.

I currently have an overgrown Blue-Tongued Skink (she's heavier than my cat, and much more sociable), who I've litter-box trained. As such, she wanders the apartment freely. She's too big to get under a door, and she has nothing to fear from the cat. I have witnessed their one and only battle, and Sally came out far ahead. I like it because she eats easily available food (canned dog food mixed with baby food and chopped kale), and is quite amiable. Melanie loves her as well, which I find odd since it looks like an enormously fat snake with legs so small they are superfluous. Who knows.

Blue tongues skinks are great. Good pets' for a mixed company residence.

RSS

Latest Activity

Native Son replied to Paul MacAlindin's discussion "I like guns" in the group The Great Debate
"Make that, with one outlier, Western European first world nations."
13 minutes ago
Native Son replied to Paul MacAlindin's discussion "I like guns" in the group The Great Debate
"Unfortunately, the wikipedia article is what my workplace calls a "data dump."  It's a lot of unconnected, but similar figures, with no direct correlation between national data sets, and differing individual data sources within…"
19 minutes ago
Tim replied to Greg S's discussion Brett McKay's pull-up routine in the group Exercise
"I've been doing pull ups consistently for a year and a half now. I started with doing barely 5-6, now I can do about 20 or so (body weight). For me, doing weighted pull ups (using a barbell plate fixed to a weight belt secured around my waist)…"
34 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Carpe-315's discussion she wont leave my brain
"Watch Swingers.  A couple of times if need be.  It's a slightly douchey, but pretty good, movie from the mid-90s that's surprisingly on topic here. Bottom line ... she'll fade from your thoughts when you replace her. …"
35 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Paul MacAlindin's discussion "I like guns" in the group The Great Debate
"Probably true.  As it should be, in my opinion.   Historically, men protect.  Men provide.  Men solve problems, and have the tools to do so.  Men prepare for contingencies.  Men take responsibility for the…"
44 minutes ago
Jason replied to Chris J.'s discussion Running Shirtless Outdoors in the group The Shirtless Man
"Very nice"
48 minutes ago
Jason replied to Chris J.'s discussion Running Shirtless Outdoors in the group The Shirtless Man
"My goal is by next summer (2016) to be in good enough shape and comfortable enough with myself to be able to run outside shirtless."
51 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Braeden's discussion My Fellow Americans, What Nation are you From?
"Texas.  Also called "Eden" in Hebrew.  God's country. As far as I'm concerned, Texas is it's own animal.  We cover a lot of land.  We like our space.  We're west, deep South, great plains,…"
1 hour ago

© 2015   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service