Hi all,

A little over a year ago, I decided was the right time for me to get a reptile. I'd wanted one for years before, but since I moved out of my mothers home and got a place with my girlfriend, I thought that was the right time.

I did lots of research to find out what animal would be best for me and every other implications a pet like this would have, and I've never looked back. Infact, i'm now about to purchase a new lizard. I've had two Bearded Dragons, and now i'll be getting an Australian Water Dragon, possibly a snake eventually.

So what do you have?

Views: 215

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That was comic genius. 

Yes, Bravo!

I've now had my Australian Water Dragon for a couple days, he's a very inquisitive guy! very nervous as to be expected of a juvenile, but i'll gradually start trying to tame him and work towards regular handling after he's used to me.

They are so rare in the UK so if I ever see a female for sale, I will try my hand at breeding as all reptile shops around me say they get maybe one every year.

My understanding is that licensing in the U.K. for herps can be a beeyatch and a half. 

We have two Leopard  Geckos. One High Yellow and the other one is an Albino. Really fascinating to watch, especially when its feeding time...Been tempted to buy a bearded dragon and may well do so in the future.

I had a California King Snake and an Albino Corn Snake for years and just recently gave them away. But LOVED having them and wouldn't mind getting snakes again someday. Very cool pets to have.

I used to have a snake (a California King Snake, about 5 years old when she had to go), but it got loose in my apartment. She was AWOL for 6 months, and we assumed she had died or escaped into the outside world. My fiancé (who is mortally afraid of snakes) found her when Nagini decided to make her grand reappearance in the bathroom, as Melanie was getting out of the shower. She was quickly given to a friend with room for another pet.

I currently have an overgrown Blue-Tongued Skink (she's heavier than my cat, and much more sociable), who I've litter-box trained. As such, she wanders the apartment freely. She's too big to get under a door, and she has nothing to fear from the cat. I have witnessed their one and only battle, and Sally came out far ahead. I like it because she eats easily available food (canned dog food mixed with baby food and chopped kale), and is quite amiable. Melanie loves her as well, which I find odd since it looks like an enormously fat snake with legs so small they are superfluous. Who knows.

Blue tongues skinks are great. Good pets' for a mixed company residence.

RSS

Latest Activity

Jay D replied to Max Z's discussion Not enlightened enough...
"Try reading the newspaper. "I hate reading", is no excuse for anything"
11 minutes ago
Sean O' commented on Sean O''s blog post Completed
"Carl, Thank you so much for the kind words. I am thinking about giving 5/3/1 another go (I gave it a go a year or so ago). I just have to decide on the template I want. I am happy for any suggestions you may have since you have more experience with…"
1 hour ago
Joker HDN XIII replied to Joshua's discussion My "I'm going to lose weight" thread
"My piece of advico... M-100 2 times a day -check it out on youtube -  only drinks (water, or tea) before 1200am Interwall training"
1 hour ago
Liam Strain replied to Max Z's discussion Not enlightened enough...
"In the short term, podcasts, NPR, and youtube. Start with Ted Talks and Kahn Academy - just follow rabbit-holes of topics that sound interesting and see where they lead you.  But longer term, I'd suggest you need to get over "I hate…"
3 hours ago
Jay posted a status
"It's 11:30 at night here in NY. I am wide awake and here to say hello to everyone."
6 hours ago
john evens posted a status
"Hey the Sanders/Trump debate is off according to CNN"
6 hours ago
george morgan replied to Max Z's discussion Not enlightened enough...
"If you don't know what someone is talking about, say "Tell me more, I am interested in what you know about that!".....everyone likes to talk and they will be flattered you asked them to fill you in...it works every time!"
8 hours ago
Shane commented on Herb Munson's group The Great Debate
"If it was a threat the planes would have been armed. They were just saying "hello"."
8 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service