Hello all-

For someone quitting smoking, can anyone recommend a manly ecigarette?

Most look like something out of Star Wars

Thanks guys!

Tags: smoking

Views: 420

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't.

I can say that Electronic Cancer Sticks are not the way to quit.  Change the delivery method of your habit but not a way to quit. 

Personally not a fan-when I quit I just stopped.But is the smoking effect essential? The ones that light at the end but look like cigarettes are prob your best bet (see below)

Try the gum.

I find it interesting that the first two posters assumed you were trying to quit.  I think e-cigarettes are the way to START smoking.  Personally I enjoy nicotine as a recreational drug, but I begin to feel sick if I smoke more than couple cigarettes.  If I buy a pack, the cigarettes get stale waiting for me to smoke them.  But with the new, more efficient system, I can be an addict too.  Whoopie!

well the OP does say "for someone quitting smoking2 that was my first clue

Eh.  I'd rather rarely indulge a fine cigar than regularly suck down a fake cigarette.  Indulgence ought to be worthwhile ... not a chore.

JB

That's what I did. Went from a pack, to a pack and a half, a day to two cigarillos and one full size cigar a day. Once a week I buy a higher quality of cigar to enjoy. Now it's more about setting some time aside to relax, rather than needing a nicotine fix. I don't smoke in the car or house, so Mrs. C is glad that everything we do isn't delayed for continual smoke breaks. I recently started back exercising and working out before work, but I still enjoy my cigars.

I go with Vapor4Life.com. They have decently-priced, high-quality e-cigs, and more flavors than I will ever care to try (I do love their riff on Camels, and their new cigar flavors are actually quite accurate.) they offer all their flavors in decreasing levels of dosage, down to no nicotine at all. As a bonus, most of their models actually do look like real cigarettes, and are rechargeable. I managed to quit using this step-down approach, and then went back to using them when I found that I am a raving psychopath without nicotine. May as well take it in a form that most people can't smell.

The Modal Nodes aren't smoking in that pic.  Those are instruments.  Jabba does the smoking.

Jacob, the sort of e-cig you buy depends on what you want out of it...those that look like proper smokes have a puny battery life and need the batteries and cartridges refilling/swapping out several times a day...the bigger more expensive ones that don't look like proper cigarettes will last all day (battery and e-juice) so are far less hassle.

'd suggest buying one that looks like a proper smoke to start with because they are cheap and give you an idea of what you are getting into, if you stick with it, you will end up buying a funky eventually for convenience.

I strongly suggest doing a bit of research before buying any kind so that you get the best out of it and don't suffer any disappointment...if used properly and with a bit of knowledge, these things can save a smokers life IMO.

And regarding the quitting/not quitting thing...all I will say is that E-cigs may not help you quit a nicotine dependence altogether, but as somebody who smoked 20 a day for over 20 years and quit within days of getting an e-cig, I can say it's changed my life for the better...I don't stink anymore (neither do my clothes or my home), my lungs have recovered, I am more active, I have more energy, I can taste food and smell food properly now, I can breath clearly, I have saved a fortune by not buying smokes etc

Buying my first e-cig was the best money I ever spent.

I use Blu. They're long, black, and shiny.

The best thing to do would probably be to buck up and just quit.  That being said, a good friend of mine turned me on to pipe smoking.  I enjoyed it so much, I virtually forgot about cigarettes.  Only later did he tell me it was a ploy to help me quit smoking cigarettes.  So I'd shoot for a pipe a day to quit.  Relax and enjoy your smoking rather than just satiating an addition, which is what I think e-cigarettes do.  Good luck!

RSS

Latest Activity

Daniel Rodriguez replied to Pale Horse's discussion Pickup Lines
"(To a girl that said she's caramel, not chocolate) "Are you a caramel covered strawberry? Lemme have a bite...""
22 minutes ago
Daniel Rodriguez replied to Buffalo Bill's discussion Show Your EDC, Gentlemen in the group Everyday Carry
"What I tend to carry: A bag,  A deck of cards, Keys,  Leatherman  Wave multitool and sheath, A flash drive, Wallet with ID, Metrocard, and Debit card, Pen, Glasses case with spare glasses and cleaning silk. A charger and cord. And not…"
41 minutes ago
Shawn Steinschreiber commented on James Machamer's group Freemasonry
"Well I can tell you this joining the masons has been a bucket list item for many years it was very important to me, and thus the lodge I chose is also. I did not just choose it out of practicality. It was because of the people that would be teaching…"
2 hours ago
Daniel Rodriguez joined Buffalo Bill's group
Thumbnail

Everyday Carry

A group to discuss those objects we carry every day, and the balance between utility, effectiveness, and sentimentality.
2 hours ago
Phil Penten replied to Buffalo Bill's discussion Show Your EDC, Gentlemen in the group Everyday Carry
"Morning, Since posting my original EDC kit, I've added a small torch (Photon Freedom Micro.) I do have a larger Victorinox SwissChamp, but I live in the UK and (although I'm legally allowed to own a blade up to 3" in length)…"
3 hours ago
Nikita Borisov left a comment for Brett McKay
"Thank you so much!"
3 hours ago
Liam S. replied to Chuck Drennen's discussion Anyone know anything about art or sculpture??
"Since you probably won't have a access to a kiln to fire the finished sculpture - I would use one of the Amoco self hardening clays. They have a mexican pottery clay that air hardens to a nice red, without needing glazing or other decoration -…"
3 hours ago
Charles Neill replied to Rusty Monson's discussion Getting back into the fold in the group Freemasonry
"I attended a Festival style for the York Rite, and while I am grateful to be allowed into the Chapter/Council/Commandery, I do feel the loss that I am not as proficient in the work as I am with the first 3 degrees. Having said that, my 2 Blue Lodges…"
4 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service