A lot of men avoid going to the doctor unless they've got a harpoon in their eye. But going to see the man in the white coat can keep us healthy and prolong our lives. So today, your task is to make an appointment for a physical to get your awesome man body checked out.

http://artofmanliness.com/2009/06/18/30-days-to-a-better-man-day-19...

Views: 358

Replies to This Discussion

Some insurances (read mine) make preventative care free. If you have a PPO, I bet it's free.
Got this done at the hospital during post-op. Besides the obviously broken ankle, everything was in working order! Check.
I've been to the doctor a few times last month and took a lot of tests. Guess I'm good for another five years.
With the stitch I did today, (shaving accident) I now got free health care for the rest of the year.
I'll have to delay this until Monday.
Yesterday someone recommended a doctor, so I will call Monday and make an appointment.
Made the appointment.
I am lucky on this one as right before I moved back to Michigan I had one of these, and to my happiness, I received a clean bill of health. I always fret about whether the cholesterol levels will come back up but they have been decreasing with the methods that I have been taking: See Why I hate Genetics (http://dadofdivas.blogspot.com/2008/07/why-i-hate-genetics.html) & Why I hate Genetics (An Update) (http://dadofdivas.blogspot.com/2008/07/why-i-hate-genetics-update.html).

I do have to mention that the thought of a colonoscopy just gives me the chills and from what I have heard from those that have to get them (all of us after we turn 40 - so I still have some time), it is not pleasant.

So I will just count my blessings that I am healthy now and we will not dwell on the future and live in the present!
I had a complete physical last year when I switched doctors - however, I am due for a full blood workup, so I'll get that done this week.

I'm going to take a bit of a different tangent on this one - I've been wanting to see a good naturopath for a while now, so this has motivated me to get off of my ass and make the phone call on Monday morning to get an appointment.
Had my physical a couple of weeks ago. All checked out. Cholesterol is down from last year, so I happy about that. Blood pressure is back to normal range. stupid working out does keep your heart healthy.
Physical checkup? Yep, scheduled for this coming January.

Check.  I've also had my eyes checked and a dental checkup fairly recently. 

Going to get one from my usual doctor when I return home in two months.

RSS

Latest Activity

Penelope replied to Matt's discussion Attacked by Feminists
"This is focused on somewhat different crimes, but if you can't understand not reporting an assault, you might be helped by hearing from victims: http://community.artofmanliness.com/group/malesurvivors"
1 minute ago
Regular Joe replied to John Moser's discussion Having discovered why The Odyssey is so poorly written, I now know of a new skill we must recover!
"It's still a wall of text. Hitting enter twice isn't hard."
3 minutes ago
Regular Joe replied to Matt's discussion Attacked by Feminists
"It's hard to assess the situation without knowing why and in what context you made that statement about physical strength but, assuming that you had positive intentions, and keeping in mind that I'm a full-on bleeding heart far left…"
7 minutes ago
John Muir replied to Nathanael's discussion Common-sense gun laws, what would they look like for you? in the group The Great Debate
"We still don't fully understand how a woman catches it....."
9 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Tim's discussion Male vanity.
"What makes you think vanity is the reason for that.  My wife almost never drives when I'm in the car ... but it isn't because I care at all about being seen in the passenger's seat.   I like to drive.  She…"
10 minutes ago
John Muir replied to Nathanael's discussion Common-sense gun laws, what would they look like for you? in the group The Great Debate
"Thanks! "
10 minutes ago
Kit the Odd replied to Nathanael's discussion Common-sense gun laws, what would they look like for you? in the group The Great Debate
"Since I'm in Alabama I looked them up and they are in the same boat as Colorado, it is on the books but currently shuttered.  But I'm thining something that isn't deployable, more just emergency response.   And I disagree…"
12 minutes ago
John Muir replied to John Muir's discussion Folk Songs
"I think they used this one in "O, Brother - Where Art Thou?", which I love "The preacher says all my sins is warshed away - including that Piggly Wiggly I knocked over in Yazoo""
13 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service