A lot of men avoid going to the doctor unless they've got a harpoon in their eye. But going to see the man in the white coat can keep us healthy and prolong our lives. So today, your task is to make an appointment for a physical to get your awesome man body checked out.

http://artofmanliness.com/2009/06/18/30-days-to-a-better-man-day-19...

Views: 336

Replies to This Discussion

Some insurances (read mine) make preventative care free. If you have a PPO, I bet it's free.
Got this done at the hospital during post-op. Besides the obviously broken ankle, everything was in working order! Check.
I've been to the doctor a few times last month and took a lot of tests. Guess I'm good for another five years.
With the stitch I did today, (shaving accident) I now got free health care for the rest of the year.
I'll have to delay this until Monday.
Yesterday someone recommended a doctor, so I will call Monday and make an appointment.
Made the appointment.
I am lucky on this one as right before I moved back to Michigan I had one of these, and to my happiness, I received a clean bill of health. I always fret about whether the cholesterol levels will come back up but they have been decreasing with the methods that I have been taking: See Why I hate Genetics (http://dadofdivas.blogspot.com/2008/07/why-i-hate-genetics.html) & Why I hate Genetics (An Update) (http://dadofdivas.blogspot.com/2008/07/why-i-hate-genetics-update.html).

I do have to mention that the thought of a colonoscopy just gives me the chills and from what I have heard from those that have to get them (all of us after we turn 40 - so I still have some time), it is not pleasant.

So I will just count my blessings that I am healthy now and we will not dwell on the future and live in the present!
I had a complete physical last year when I switched doctors - however, I am due for a full blood workup, so I'll get that done this week.

I'm going to take a bit of a different tangent on this one - I've been wanting to see a good naturopath for a while now, so this has motivated me to get off of my ass and make the phone call on Monday morning to get an appointment.
Had my physical a couple of weeks ago. All checked out. Cholesterol is down from last year, so I happy about that. Blood pressure is back to normal range. stupid working out does keep your heart healthy.
Physical checkup? Yep, scheduled for this coming January.

Check.  I've also had my eyes checked and a dental checkup fairly recently. 

Going to get one from my usual doctor when I return home in two months.

RSS

Latest Activity

waxmo updated their profile
10 minutes ago
Allen Winston Cook joined Bruce Uall's group
Thumbnail

The Shirtless Man

Shirtlessness is the essence of manliness.
26 minutes ago
Allen Winston Cook left a comment for Mel Jon
"Hoping to interact some with you and the group...looking forward to it. Great chest shot! LOL"
43 minutes ago
Vince replied to Vince's discussion Request advice for Gastroesophageal reflux disease
"Yes, I am in Italy. For now, I have noticed a big improvement. I'm trying to improve my food lifestyle. The most difficult thing is the workout, I feel strongly limited but I will try to find the right rhythm"
1 hour ago
Izzy replied to lanny lucas's discussion Why do we seem to feel more pain in general than our older generations. in the group Men In Nursing
"Hmm...I would be curious to hear from other parts of the world with socialized medicine such as Canada and England to see if they have the same issues and put the "increased access and utilization" reason to test. I still stand by my…"
2 hours ago
Jai Chipperfield replied to Jai Chipperfield's discussion What to wear to a vineyard
"Thank's, that's the sort of thing I had in mind."
3 hours ago
Michael B. replied to lanny lucas's discussion Why do we seem to feel more pain in general than our older generations. in the group Men In Nursing
"P2) The answer to this is increased access and utilization of healthcare over time. P3) See the answer for paragraph 2. P4) It's the existence of choice - we now have the choice to not just "grin and bear it." Sever and/or chronic…"
4 hours ago
Nick H replied to Josh Williams's discussion The issue of height
"I'm 6'2 but since I usually slouch people think I'm around 6. I agree that women seem to usually prefer taller men but most don't seem to care as long as the man is at least her height or taller. And I have not met many many…"
4 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service