Today we're busting out of our comfort zone by talking to three strangers. Let us know how it goes.

Views: 1293

Replies to This Discussion

I spoke with two people at farmers market and one gentleman outside public library, who was combing his pet dog. It was an interesting experience, I was amazed to see the power of simple "Hello".
Definitely accomplished this today - had conversations with a home inspector, a young woman with her two children who were checking out the dogs at the local pet store while my wife was oohing and aahing at the peg/pom cross (ugly as sin, those things), couple of insurance agents while we were getting some quotes for our new place (and we made the day for one of them - he looked so bored I thought he was going to try sawing through his arm with a bread knife just for fun) and topped it off by having dinner with a very old friend of mine from school that I haven't seen in over a year and his wife whom I had never met previously. I managed to go 3 1/2 hours with them without putting my foot firmly in my mouth, so a good night was had by all.
I have always been a big fan of talking to strangers. therefore, I have quite an exensive list of aquaintances. so I think that this will be quite an easy task to complete even within the day.
loved this one, i will talk to "strangers" any chance I get, I talked to 7 strangers. Several looked at me as if I was weird for trying to strike up a conversation, a couple just did it out of politeness, but One of them was a very "cool" elderly gentleman, I started the conversation by asking him about a "patch" he was wearing on his cap. Turns out it was a Prisoner Of War patch....Well I asked him if he would let me buy him a cup of coffee, he accepted and we ended up sitting for several hours as he told me stories about his his late wife, his time in the military, his life on the streets, etc, etc, etc. When it was time for me to leave he actually apologized to me for taking up so much of my time.....imagine that he thanked me.......I told him it was an honor and it definitely reminded me how much "life" we can fit into our short time here on earth. Anyway, I recommend this challenge to everyone...you'll be amazed to find that there are people out there just hoping someone would take the time to listen to them.
This comes natural to me because I am an outgoing person so i relate to ppl well even strangers
Talking to strangers isn't something I have a problem with..I do it all the time at my substitute teaching and security jobs...next.
Been to a conference last week and talked to loads of strangers - does that count?;)
Talking to three strangers works perfectly, but not for the day of this post. I have the opportunity to meet many strangers as a part of the UWL move-in crew this Saturday. I'm excited and will have a blast using these tips when I meet parents and new freshman this weekend.

I would really like to be able to do this more often.  Yesterday, while doing my weekly food shopping, I remembered that this was my challenge for the day and I managged to converse for a while with one stranger.

What this task has done for me is make me realise that I'm not 'out there' often enough.  So today I went out of my way to be in busier places.  Did not find any strangers to talk to, but will definately make the effort from now on.

Talked to the workers at subway, a security guard, and a ton of new people at a toastmasters meeting that I guest-attended.

RSS

Latest Activity

Chris Schoonover updated their profile
13 minutes ago
Jack Bauer replied to Pale Horse's discussion Study Shows Men With Inhuman Eating Habits Have Trouble Making More Humans in the group The Great Debate
"Adult humans need fat in their diet to survive.  While there are other fats that will suffice, animal fat, including milk fat, works very well. There is a phenomenon called 'rabbit starvation', wherein people have starved to death…"
26 minutes ago
Native Son commented on Jamie Fellrath's group Velo Men
"Regular Joe, it appears the bicycling community in Ottawa is a bit different from the bicycling community in the San Francisco, CA area.  Down here, we have a noticeable subset of cyclists who think riding only something with a fixed, i.e., no…"
40 minutes ago
Native Son replied to Pale Horse's discussion Study Shows Men With Inhuman Eating Habits Have Trouble Making More Humans in the group The Great Debate
"Because, calves, like every other infant mammal, require lots of fat in their diet to survive.  OTOH, adult human mammals don't absolutely need bovine butter fat to survive. And on the OTOOH, I fondly recall the local dairy milk where I…"
56 minutes ago
Native Son replied to David F.'s discussion Pew Research on Trust of News Orgs. in the group The Great Debate
"If you really need a graph to figure out that folks only trust news media that fits their politics or personal feelings on "social justice," you are quite naive.  The "crusading paper" or the "tool of the capitalists…"
1 hour ago
Native Son replied to Kneller's discussion business casual shoes for under $100?
"Below replies are absolutely correct.  No one can advise without an idea of what you're looking at.  For that matter, I've worked in offices where the idea of business casual was more casual, during business hours.…"
1 hour ago
Michael D. Denny replied to Nick F's discussion Is sexual trolling a thing here? in the group Christian Men
"Ever notice it's only gay men who somehow feel a need to bond with other men in "this way" ? What a freak show. Look dude, just own it. Be what you are, and own it. If you can say your gay and wanna hang out with your schlong out,…"
1 hour ago
Michael D. Denny replied to Nick F's discussion Is sexual trolling a thing here? in the group Christian Men
"Calibrate the moisture missile"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service