All Discussions Tagged 'job' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Need suggestions...

I'm 30 years old and I've done some sort of ministry my entire adult life. I love it. It's what I'm built to do. The thing that irks me the…

Started by Tommy Wood

43 Mar 19, 2016
Reply by DBM77

Tips for Conducting First Job Interviews

Hey guys, I'm taking lead in my department in a couple months (hooray!), and one of my first responsibilities is to hire a new full-time,…

Started by J.L.

12 Jan 25, 2016
Reply by J.L.

New Study on job searchers taking "any job" while waiting to find the right one.

New study has been released which seems to counter a lot of the common sense advice we often receive about what to do between jobs.  Worke…

Started by Liam Strain

20 Nov 7, 2015
Reply by Specs

Starting a career - tips

Hey folks, I just started the "30 days for a better man" project and I'm looking for a mentor to help me with some tips for the beginnng of…

Started by Victor Vanderlei Silva

14 Mar 21, 2015
Reply by Victor Vanderlei Silva

Missing out

Learning and staying up to date on specific topics takes time...I have a full time job in healthcare, practically a full time job with Suav…

Started by Benjamin Ritter

12 Mar 13, 2014
Reply by Cecil

Stepping up to the plate.

Hello men, my name is Giddy to you fine sirs. I have been reading the site on and off for about a month and decided to join the forum. The…

Started by Giddy Aunt

5 Jul 11, 2013
Reply by Shawn K

Just entered the Workforce. Advice please!

Hello my fellow Gents, After a year of looking for a job after college, I finally got a job. I will begin next week with dow Jones! Needle…

Started by Carlo dLr

7 Mar 7, 2013
Reply by David F.

a change will do you good

i went to art school and work as a freelance designer but as of next week  i will be going to barber school 3 days a week its something i h…

Started by William

10 Mar 5, 2013
Reply by David F.

What to ask for

Hello all, I'm filling out a job application for an entry-level retail position and there is a blank which says "Desired Pay". I know mini…

Started by Hector

7 Feb 24, 2012
Reply by Sir

New Job Advice

I'm one of the lucky ones. I just graduated college and got the job I really wanted. I'm flying out to meet the team in a week, and I want…

Started by Ian A.

2 Jul 11, 2011
Reply by SteveSF

RSS

Latest Activity

Tarquin Anstruther replied to Peter's discussion Shirt Style at Work in the group The Shirtless Man
"I was in Ukraine this July for a week and it was noticeable that a large number of men working outdoors in various capacities wore shorts and no shirt. They would be surprised to read this discussion and see how in the US there wold appear to be…"
3 hours ago
derick bean posted a status
6 hours ago
Shane replied to John Muir's discussion Donald Trump Is A Greedy, Creepy, Ignorant Jerk in the group The Great Debate
"Consumer prices rose 1.7% https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/cpi.pdf Hourly earnings have gone up 2.5% https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf What are you talking about?"
14 hours ago
Clinton R. Ausmus replied to John Muir's discussion Donald Trump Is A Greedy, Creepy, Ignorant Jerk in the group The Great Debate
"I never asked why rages weren't rising, I said costs were rising, but rages are staying flat...Meaning they are not rising together...Meaning the American worker can never get ahead...Meaning costs are rising, but wages remain flat...Not a hard…"
14 hours ago
Shane replied to John Muir's discussion Donald Trump Is A Greedy, Creepy, Ignorant Jerk in the group The Great Debate
"You asked why wages weren't rising. I showed you that they were. Now you're complaining it's not enough. Stop shifting goal posts."
14 hours ago
Clinton R. Ausmus replied to John Muir's discussion Donald Trump Is A Greedy, Creepy, Ignorant Jerk in the group The Great Debate
"Do you read these links before you post them? (From the Atlantic Story)wages grew faster in 2016...Labor protests like the Fight for $15 movement contributed to minimum-wage increases in several states and cities...Wages for the poorest 10 percent…"
15 hours ago
Sir replied to Pale Horse's discussion They Who Shall Not Be Named in the group The Great Debate
"Nicest thing anyone's said to me on this forum, I think! (sniff)"
16 hours ago
"I've never posted those links here before. You're lying again. "The Most Underrated Story About the U.S. Economy Income growth is faster at the bottom than at the top. Thank a growing economy, falling unemployment, and minimum-wage…"
16 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service