Matthew L's Discussions (10)

Latest Activity

Nicholas Vogelgesang posted a discussion

Introduction

Hi All,My name is Nick Vogelgesang (it's German, spelling my name in kindergarten was an adventure). I'm a recent college graduate and have been following the blog for about two years now. Currently I am working as a flight instructor in the Fort Worth area.An older article that got posted to the site's Facebook page indirectly led me to decide that within the next five years I am going to travel in Morocco. Being just out of college and never having travelled further out of the country than…See More
8 minutes ago
Lucius Artorius Castus replied to Jack Bauer's discussion "Don't follow your passion" -- Mike Rowe
"Paul, I'm glad you pointed that out because it made me actually go back and look, and realize that my comment should have been direct at Terry instead of Jack because this comment.... "Any functioning human being can wait tables. Not…"
14 minutes ago
Vytautas replied to Jack Bauer's discussion "Don't follow your passion" -- Mike Rowe
"The world needs, America needs, all of our communities need artists, writers, thinkers, academics, and all those types. A lot of them pursue their path out of passion, because these are not careers that typically pay well or offer stability. But…"
14 minutes ago
Vytautas replied to Jack Bauer's discussion "Don't follow your passion" -- Mike Rowe
"Again, where's the evidence of these "millions" or even "millions upon millions" besides the casual observation of one person (who has freely admitted that he doesn't associate with any of these millions, which tends to…"
23 minutes ago
Brian S posted a photo

me

me, mid 40's
29 minutes ago
Jeremy posted a photo
32 minutes ago
"Boring, cliche complaint about supposedly over-privileged & useless liberal arts kids who are a drag on society and people's patience. I don't see any hard evidence supporting this view. Just subjective experience, and usually…"
45 minutes ago
Michael D. Denny replied to Jack Bauer's discussion "Don't follow your passion" -- Mike Rowe
"He is a guy that hams it up while bitching and moaning on the job for a day for the television audience. I'm sorry, I just don't see the idolization of the guy. My I suggest that there is some paralel to be drawn between your distaste for…"
46 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service