Manly Skills (470)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sprinkler System Blowout Tips

I don't believe I have been properly initiated into manhood yet (although I am 30) and I lack many of the skills required to be a "handy" m…

Started by Adam Rogge

5 Oct 7, 2009
Reply by Jacob Fehr

Clogged Drain - DIY

OK, guys... my wife is always nagging me, saying AoM is a waste of time. Well, here I am with a DIY project, and I'm stumped. And need help…

Started by thehuhman

20 Sep 30, 2009
Reply by Aaron Schnabel

How to Saber a Bottle of Champagne

Napoleon did it to celebrate victories. You can do it to celebrate your own victories. Here's how - *Note - Let's use common sense here ge…

Started by Mike Norris

6 Sep 21, 2009
Reply by Mike Norris

Brought a broken lawnmower back to life

I recently was looking for a second lawnmower for my home. While that might make little sense, let me explain. My house is on a slope and I…

Started by Ryan

7 Sep 5, 2009
Reply by AL Soto

Maintenance

Maintenance used to be a language I didn't speak, but over the last few months that has really started frustrating me so I've started conce…

Started by James!

17 Aug 30, 2009
Reply by Peter Sawyer

Being Decisive

Three days ago (Aug 10th) We received the article on being decisive in the AoM newsletter, and how it's an essential part of manliness. Th…

Started by Thomas White

2 Aug 16, 2009
Reply by Danny Wong (www.blank-label.com)

Borrowing Like A Man

Ever read any of those "Blondie" comic strips in which Herb never returns the tools he's borrowed from Dagwood? Or Herb goes to borrow Dagw…

Started by James!

6 Aug 14, 2009
Reply by Sir Lancelot

Trivial but impressive

Inspired by this page: http://ask.metafilter.com/52880/52-Fun-Things-to-learn That page contains a man asking for suggestions on what ulti…

Started by Adam

7 Aug 13, 2009
Reply by Aaron Ed. Garrison

Replacing a sink garbage disposal unit

Gentlemen, My sink garbage disposal unit has recently died; the consequence of a long night and a shot glass falling through it. I think t…

Started by Jon Deng

4 Aug 12, 2009
Reply by Carl M

Accepting Generosity

I had an experience today that I think illustrates an important skill that I would dare say nearly all of us could work on: the ability to…

Started by Andy Bahlmann

6 Aug 5, 2009
Reply by Stefan Antonowicz

RSS

Latest Activity

Shane replied to Native Son's discussion Political and Personal Advice from Rome. in the group The Great Debate
"It's simplistic."
2 minutes ago
Liam Strain replied to Native Son's discussion Political and Personal Advice from Rome. in the group The Great Debate
"Is it untrue?"
23 minutes ago
Pale Horse replied to Native Son's discussion Political and Personal Advice from Rome. in the group The Great Debate
"But Gentiles still have to follow Christian law."
25 minutes ago
Shane replied to Native Son's discussion Political and Personal Advice from Rome. in the group The Great Debate
"You're not Jewish. You aren't bound by those laws."
42 minutes ago
"That's what we teach children."
43 minutes ago
Liam Strain replied to Portnoy's discussion Integrity
"Integrity alone is insufficient as a criteria to judge the merit of a man."
51 minutes ago
Shane replied to Portnoy's discussion Latest in Health Care in the group The Great Debate
"We'll see."
1 hour ago
Portnoy replied to Danny's discussion Militaria
"You show you are 22 because you are (almost) letting other people dictate what you should or shouldn't like. Nothing wrong to have a passion. But a piece of advice, collect the really good things, or at least only prominently display the truly…"
1 hour ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service