Manly Skills (467)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Public speaking

Does anyone have a problem with this, or does it come naturally?  How have you overcome your fear ( besides imagining them all naked...ewww…

Started by certified male

28 Dec 14, 2016
Reply by Gentleman Engineer

50 gallon water heater heats 25 gallons

Brand new 50 gallon water heater still can't fill a standard sized tub, but starts giving tepid water at 25 gals or so.  Service call could…

Started by Sir

15 Dec 7, 2016
Reply by Liam Strain

Pyrography ( Wood burning)

Hello again gents! My wife recently bought me a wood burning kit. Im really exited to do it and learn, but the thing is where do i start?…

Started by Kiehn on you

13 Nov 19, 2016
Reply by Way2Good

Outliers

In his book of this name, Malcolm Gladwell makes the case that to get good at something requires practice.  A timeworn principle... but he…

Started by Sir

11 Nov 8, 2016
Reply by Carl Monster

How to avoid a speeding ticket

I've learned in my many encounters with cops, as well as my time on the other side of the equation, that there are certain things you…

Started by John Muir

27 Oct 29, 2016
Reply by Daniel

Art of dip pen writing

It is hard to master.

Started by Breezy

6 Oct 14, 2016
Reply by Greg Carter

A sufficiently 'manly' day

My only day off... My brother: "What did you do today?" Me: "I went to a tattoo shop, then I went to a gun store and bought a gun, and then…

Started by Doug Domeny

14 Oct 10, 2016
Reply by Martin Grier

Making bacon

So I read the many skill of making bacon and decided to try it and was wondering if any of you had a favorite recipe you wanted to share.be…

Started by Jbbeer

3 Sep 28, 2016
Reply by Jdub Phx

Knife talk.

Anyone else carry two knives I usually carry my Swiss Army Camper on me but about a month ago I purchased a Kershaw Filter. The Kershaw is…

Started by Michael Presto

45 Sep 23, 2016
Reply by Ranger

DIY Heated Clothes/Blankets?

Have any of y'all made DIY heated blankets or heated jackets/underwear/pants? Supposedly, it's safe and DIY-able, but this is the first I'v…

Started by Mongoose

0 Jul 27, 2016

RSS

Latest Activity

Lumberjoe replied to Braeden's discussion PROUD ETHNIC KEKISTANIS in the group The Great Debate
"LOL! Acknowledged!"
4 minutes ago
Lumberjoe replied to Nature of a Man's discussion Ethics of procreation in the group The Great Debate
""And at the same time I've also noticed the concept not just in Christianity, but other religions such as Eastern ones, that some people are "called on" not to reproduce in order to get closer to God, so I've always been…"
5 minutes ago
Sir replied to Braeden's discussion PROUD ETHNIC KEKISTANIS in the group The Great Debate
"You should listen to that feeling. :)"
8 minutes ago
Lumberjoe replied to Nature of a Man's discussion Ethics of procreation in the group The Great Debate
""I'm curious what people's views are regarding the ethics or reason de'tre of procreation is, beyond the mere biological impulse." The ethics of procreation and the raison d'être of procreation are two different…"
21 minutes ago
Lumberjoe replied to Braeden's discussion PROUD ETHNIC KEKISTANIS in the group The Great Debate
"Why do I get the impression I'll get fired if I click on that from work?"
26 minutes ago
Lumberjoe replied to Nature of a Man's discussion A bizarre dating trend I see
""phenomena of this nature were not a universal 'norm' in any era past" I am certain that it was far more of a norm than you suspect. "and likewise marriage for primarily pragmatic reasons still exists today, of course - a…"
27 minutes ago
Lionheart commented on Stephen Larsen's group Banya Men!
"Hoping to hit the sauna next week in Dallas. Could use a relaxing spa day. Anyone care to join an AoM brother there?"
10 hours ago
David R. commented on Shane Belin's group Pennsylvania
"Comment by David R. 1 second ago Delete Comment I'm looking for a quality 4"x6" desk size Pa. flag.  I ordered one from an online company but when it arrived, you simply could not see the coat of arms because it is printed so…"
12 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service