Manly Skills (470)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

St. Egenez of Ribera

At the end of the sixteenth century, a painting was created in Valencia, Spain, which hit the Spanish painting with realistic paintings and…

Started by blackjack

0 Apr 25

Reel Push Mower vs Gas Powered Mower.

I have recently debated to myself which would be the better choice for my yard. An old fashion Reel Push Mower or the loud gas powered mowe…

Started by Ulises Torres

10 Apr 5
Reply by David F.

Bathroom window vs. Bathroom vent

Hello guys, It has been a while since I've posted and I come back to you today to ask your opinion on a small house improvement/alteration.…

Started by Derek "Brofessor" Nutt

5 Mar 14
Reply by Tarquin Anstruther

Carving out a place on a bookshelf

I don't know the term for what I want, but:  I'm putting an L-bracket onto a set of bookshelves.  I want to put it on the top shelf, but I…

Started by Sir

17 Mar 9
Reply by Sir

Racking

This is what I've got for my bookshelves so far... and as you can see, it's not straight.  It's still a little wobbly because I haven't put…

Started by Sir

16 Feb 20
Reply by Sir

Storm windows

Where do I find this -- not an entire window, just this bit that slides up and down in the window? Not only do I not want to pay for the en…

Started by Sir

0 Feb 16

Bookcase weight

So I finally designed the bookcases for my house:  standalone cases not built-in shelves, but they're to be screwed into the studs with L-b…

Started by Sir

4 Feb 10
Reply by terry sperling

Cleaning vintage knife/marlinspike

I was given a WWII-era folding knife/marlinspike combo as a gift. I'd like to make use of it, but first it needs some TLC. The grip has som…

Started by Joshua

3 Jan 31
Reply by Capt. Charlie

Hunting: Questions, Concerns, and General Discussion!

It seems to me that not many men on the board are discussing the finer points of hunting, it's equipment or tactics. Why is this? There are…

Started by Matt Rick

9 Jan 31
Reply by Capt. Charlie

Fishing

Hey, guys. I'm 25, got stationed out in Vegas not too long ago and looking for a new hobby. I've been considering fishing, but don't know t…

Started by Andrew

8 Jan 31
Reply by Capt. Charlie

RSS

Latest Activity

Caberry replied to MMA_Erik's discussion Hello Gents :)
"Hello @Erik nice to have a chat with you here. I am also a newbie here. :)"
2 hours ago
Liam Strain replied to Naveen's discussion I am searching the AOM Article about William James / Fake it till you make it
"I found this one, on William James:http://www.artofmanliness.com/2017/01/14/manvotional-3-maxims-habit-action/ And Brett did an article and video on "Fake it till you make…"
4 hours ago
Jay D replied to Portnoy's discussion Integrity
"It is not about deadlines it is about the question how we treat a person and the capitalistic logic expects us to treat them based on what their value for the company is and to increase the value they generate for said company. The big problem with…"
11 hours ago
derick bean posted a status
12 hours ago
Naveen posted a discussion

I am searching the AOM Article about William James / Fake it till you make it

Hi,There is a terrific article about William James Psychology and his concept about "Fake it till you make it". Act as if you already are confident. I cant find on google, here nowwhere. Anybody has read it lately?Best regards,NaveenSee More
13 hours ago
Gentleman Engineer replied to Gentleman Engineer's discussion Barcelona About October
"Pleasure would state that said tense would lack aught of the prototypical. Fortune would state also that there would exist a certain settlement about the State of the Sole Star which would exist apropos for such an adjective."
16 hours ago
Braeden 2.0 replied to Gentleman Engineer's discussion Barcelona About October
"I'm very good at impersonating other people's writing or speaking."
17 hours ago
Pale Horse replied to Gentleman Engineer's discussion Barcelona About October
"The fact that you do that so well makes me lose a little respect for you."
20 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service