Manly Skills (467)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Carving out a place on a bookshelf

I don't know the term for what I want, but:  I'm putting an L-bracket onto a set of bookshelves.  I want to put it on the top shelf, but I…

Started by Sir

17 Mar 9
Reply by Sir

Racking

This is what I've got for my bookshelves so far... and as you can see, it's not straight.  It's still a little wobbly because I haven't put…

Started by Sir

16 Feb 20
Reply by Sir

Storm windows

Where do I find this -- not an entire window, just this bit that slides up and down in the window? Not only do I not want to pay for the en…

Started by Sir

0 Feb 16

Bookcase weight

So I finally designed the bookcases for my house:  standalone cases not built-in shelves, but they're to be screwed into the studs with L-b…

Started by Sir

4 Feb 10
Reply by terry sperling

Cleaning vintage knife/marlinspike

I was given a WWII-era folding knife/marlinspike combo as a gift. I'd like to make use of it, but first it needs some TLC. The grip has som…

Started by Joshua

3 Jan 31
Reply by Capt. Charlie

Hunting: Questions, Concerns, and General Discussion!

It seems to me that not many men on the board are discussing the finer points of hunting, it's equipment or tactics. Why is this? There are…

Started by Matt Rick

9 Jan 31
Reply by Capt. Charlie

Fishing

Hey, guys. I'm 25, got stationed out in Vegas not too long ago and looking for a new hobby. I've been considering fishing, but don't know t…

Started by Andrew

8 Jan 31
Reply by Capt. Charlie

What skill would you pick?

If you could choose any skill to learn what would you prefer to learn?

Started by Joshua

5 Jan 29
Reply by terry sperling

Bathtub wont drain need advice/help

I have been trying for weeks to get my tub to drain properly. I have used Drain-o, a couple of "Green" methods and nothing. I am thinking o…

Started by Ulises Torres

5 Jan 6
Reply by Forge

Cast Iron Skillet cooking

Seems to me that cooking can very well be a manly art. Certainly things like grilling or making the worlds best chili (no bean soup please)…

Started by Forge

11 Dec 17, 2016
Reply by Carl Monster

RSS

Latest Activity

Jack Bauer replied to Nature of a Man's discussion A bizarre dating trend I see
"I wouldn't call it "bizarre", though I think 'shared interests' can be over-emphasized. Shared values are far more important.  Shared goals.  Friendship ... which is different from merely liking the same…"
5 minutes ago
Chip replied to Kochak's discussion E AEEEEEEEEE !!!! Kochak here.....
"Welcome, Kochak"
59 minutes ago
Lumberjoe replied to Nature of a Man's discussion A bizarre dating trend I see
""To me this just seems... weird, and doesn't seem to jive with history; romantic relationships to me are primarily about attraction and love, and the specific 'activities' you do together aren't really that important,…"
2 hours ago
Andy Mann joined Sean F. Glass's group
Thumbnail

Classical Music

A place to share, discuss, and generally enjoy classical music of all kinds.
3 hours ago
Lumberjoe replied to Native Son's discussion Presidential Diss in the group Catholic Men
"And plenty of Catholics who wouldn't care either way, regardless of who the Pope was."
3 hours ago
Profile IconLumberjoe and Shane joined Denis E. Ambrose, Jr.'s group
Thumbnail

Catholic Men

A place for Catholic men to discuss issues they face in the light of their faith.
3 hours ago
Lumberjoe replied to J. Exalto's discussion Globalism in the group The Great Debate
"I understand what you're saying. But, in a capitalist society, the potential for profit (rather than the overall greater good) is one of the few ways to motivate people to actually innovate, discover and develop anything of value. If you take…"
4 hours ago
Lumberjoe replied to J. Exalto's discussion Globalism in the group The Great Debate
"If it makes you feel any better, manufacturing in Ontario is on its last legs. Most auto manufacturing jobs have gone to Mexico. We get tossed a few scraps every now and then but manufacturing in Ontario is nothing like it used to be. A lot…"
4 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service