General Discussion (3,019)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Favorite Apps and Online Services

Share your favorite apps, browser extensions, websites, etc. here. Or don't. I'm not your mama.

Started by Pale Horse

18 Jul 4
Reply by Paul H

The Stare Down and Other Aggresive Postures

Do you guys ever get this? Some dude with a chip on his shoulder singles you out, and bores a hole into you for no reason other than stupid…

Started by

97 Jul 4
Reply by Pale Horse

Weirdness

I like weird things, and I don't think that's bad. I have a theory that weird things have a special capacity to inspire thought. They can t…

Started by Braeden

7 Jul 3
Reply by Braeden

Describe Your Ideal America

I have an image of an ideal America in my mind. In my imagination, it is an awesome and great place to be. I believe in an America that is…

Started by Chu Kim

29 Jul 3
Reply by Vendetta

Surrealist Art

Post specimens of surreal art here, and discuss surrealism.

Started by Braeden

5 Jul 1
Reply by Sir

The Horror of Day to Day Life

I was thinking about how with a change in perspective and the tone of language we used to describe something, we can easily make many day t…

Started by Braeden

48 Jun 30
Reply by Ovid

Sleeping On The Ground

Last weekend some friends and me hiked up Goat Bluff Trail to see some beautiful bluffs out in Arkansas by Ponca. You can see this big bluf…

Started by Nick Martens

7 Jun 29
Reply by Nick Martens

Ethics, replacing people with machines and the future we want to build

I left work today with the following question in my mind. "Should we really replace people with machines?" I worked in the field of autom…

Started by Jay D

25 Jun 28
Reply by Portnoy

Superhero Thread- Can we have one?

Whether we read the comics, or just watch the movies, we all have superheroes/heroines we like. Don't be the pretentious guy who needs to p…

Started by Braeden

15 Jun 22
Reply by Vendetta

Hedgehog's Dilemma

Schopenhauer, and later Sigmund Freud wrote about this allegory. It basically describes a bunch of hedgehogs in the cold, who want to clust…

Started by Braeden

18 Jun 6
Reply by Charles Dodd

RSS

Latest Activity

Shane replied to Sir's discussion How goes the war in the group The Great Debate
"Turn the population to our side. Like he said, we won't try to force democracy. That will help."
32 minutes ago
Lumpy52403 replied to Eric Lindberg's discussion What is the manliest job you ever had?
"Congratulations on becoming a Dad!  [cyber man-hug]"
7 hours ago
Stewart M. Davenport replied to Eric Lindberg's discussion What is the manliest job you ever had?
"I should add that I'm due to take on the manliest job anyone could ever have any time now: fatherhood. My wife is due to have our first baby, a boy, anytime this month."
7 hours ago
Pale Horse replied to Sir's discussion How goes the war in the group The Great Debate
"F"
8 hours ago
Pale Horse replied to Sir's discussion How goes the war in the group The Great Debate
"Cautiously optimistic about Trump's Afghanistan plan. Speech boiled down to: 1. Quit freely giving intel. 2. Quit nation building. 3. Work with our allies in the area. 4. Work with our own military. Now all that is well and good. But will we…"
9 hours ago
Peter O'Reilly replied to Eric Lindberg's discussion What is the manliest job you ever had?
"I work as a land surveyor.  For one year I had a fly in fly out job in northern Labrador, Canada.  If you want to talk about cold, come talk to me.  Try a cold where if you breathe in too quickly and deeply, ice crystals can form in…"
10 hours ago
Shane replied to Peter O'Reilly's discussion Fasting and Intermittant Fasting
"My default state is 16/8 IF. I've gone 30 days without food. I wouldn't recommend going for long on just water, too many health risks."
11 hours ago
Jesse Dean replied to Jesse Dean's discussion What Would You Do?
"Yes and since that is their only team, it is everyone's team. It is like their professional football team."
11 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service