General Discussion (3,002)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Should I kill Myself Because I am a black woman?

Being a black woman is like being at the bottom of the barrel. Rotten food and mold collect at the bottoms of barrels.I feel like nobody wa…

Started by Ameretta

62 May 9
Reply by Nature of a Man

Lost In Translation

The older I get, and the more I deal with translating things, the more I realize there is no such thing as a "correct" translation. There's…

Started by John Muir

37 May 8
Reply by David R.

Young man is calling out in search for good Ideas.. what to do with the Manliness? where to Work next?

Hello all, I am 23 years young and have been thinking a lot about what to do with my life... I got to travel a lot in my last 10 years and…

Started by Adrian B

3 Apr 30
Reply by Justin

Quora

Any members from Quora ? Quora is the best question and answer website.

Started by Mr. Nice

1 Apr 28
Reply by Carl Byrd

recommend a book

A lot of people ask me which book is my most favorite one, and I always proudly answer them “The Five Thousand Years History”, which is all…

Started by blackjack

8 Apr 27
Reply by R. Max 2.0

Vacation ideas for a young family?

I'm from Ohio and married with a 1 year old. We usually spend a week or two every year in Sarasota, FL.  We like affordable beach vacations…

Started by Carl Byrd

11 Apr 25
Reply by Carl Byrd

Orwell's Rules of Writing

Recently I was reading on several of the discussion threads and I found a few comments concerning certain community members' violations of…

Started by Stewart M. Davenport

14 Apr 25
Reply by blackjack

Queen Sheba on board of Lorraine

The three representatives of the French painting in the seventeenth century, Poussin, Lorraine and Diocai, have a common and interesting ph…

Started by blackjack

0 Apr 25

Lowry's canvases

British artist LS Lowry's paintings of industrial, working-class Britain brought him popular famein the UK. Yet his works have never been t…

Started by blackjack

0 Apr 21

Abstract Art

Abstract art used to be controversial. On one hand, the artists stopped painting delicate figures but attempted to adopt special techniques…

Started by blackjack

5 Apr 21
Reply by blackjack

RSS

Latest Activity

Tarquin Anstruther replied to Sir's discussion Polarization, "violent rhetoric" in the group The Great Debate
"As a non American I hesitate to comment but it seems to me that Trump incites hatred of people, individuals, races religions that he personally dislikes. This is not behaviour suitable to a leader of a country, and above all a country with such a…"
21 minutes ago
Charles Dodd replied to Sir's discussion Polarization, "violent rhetoric" in the group The Great Debate
"The OP was about politics. Politics the exact realm where speech and debate *should* be the most heated. You're complaining about leftwing papers printing rabid opinion pieces? A play portraying Trump being assassinated? Ted Nugent getting…"
4 hours ago
Poe Dameron commented on Poe Dameron's photo
Thumbnail

"It went very well. I'm growing to enjoy being naked more"
5 hours ago
Jeffery joined Noel's group
Thumbnail

Geocaching

Welcome to the group for all of the outdoorsmen, history buffs who like waymarking, and anyone interested in gps games
5 hours ago
Jeffery joined Conrad Neil's group
Thumbnail

Teddy Roosevelt Appreciators

For those who agree that Teddy Roosevelt was a great, manly man.See More
5 hours ago
Sir replied to Braeden 2.0's discussion The Horror of Day to Day Life
"Eating dead things is gross, right?  But eating things that are still alive is grosser.  Since everything is either dead or alive, eating is gross.  Not just yogurt, cheese, and meat.  I'm talking salad here."
6 hours ago
Sir replied to Sir's discussion Polarization, "violent rhetoric" in the group The Great Debate
"If you have to imagine what other people are really thinking -- that people who support free speech and courtesy are secretly opposed to free speech and want safe spaces -- If you need a false dilemma -- that the only two alternatives are to…"
6 hours ago
Jeffery joined Nolan Poulson's group
Thumbnail

The Barbershop

It's just seems natural that Art of Manliness should have a barbershop group.  My intent of this group is to gather and share general thoughts and experiences concerning barbershops. Anything from a good barbershop that you have found  to pictures and stories of shops you have visited to discussing anything barbershop.  See More
7 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service